Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2023, 13:54   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Next-gen Suzuki Swift concept revealed ahead of official debut later this month

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowDough View Post
Are my eyes fooling me or is that a CD slot?

That is not the CD slot. Since i lived and drove in Japan i know

--
As stated by Japanese media, it is a CD player.

Quote:
The 9-inch manufacturer's optional navigation system can be installed on the MZ and MX, while the XG will have a 9-inch display audio. If you choose the navigation system, it is also wonderful that it has a CD and DVD player.
Quote:
This is because the rival Yaris did not have a CD player at the time of release, and there was a flood of requests from users.

As a result, the option was set in a hurry. The Swift lineup from the beginning is admirable.

By the way, it is equipped with USB ports for Type A and C on the front, and the former is 2.1A and the latter is 3A for quick charging.
More features of the New Swift:

Next-gen Suzuki Swift concept revealed ahead of official debut later this month-screenshot-20231206-134107.png

Next-gen Suzuki Swift concept revealed ahead of official debut later this month-screenshot-20231206-134441.png

Next-gen Suzuki Swift concept revealed ahead of official debut later this month-screenshot-20231206-134034.png

Next-gen Suzuki Swift concept revealed ahead of official debut later this month-screenshot-20231206-134130.png

Source:

Last edited by volkman10 : 6th December 2023 at 13:56.
volkman10 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th December 2023, 14:27   #47
BHPian

Re: Next-gen Suzuki Swift concept revealed ahead of official debut later this month

Even in Japan Suzuki is using the same window switches it used in the 1st gen Swift here in India. At this point I am more impressed than disappointed. Just what type of deal Suzuki has with those suppliers I really want to know.

I wish Suzuki will bring the CVT with EPB to India, but we all know it will be an AMT. Lets hope that BNCAP will prevent MS from selling a tin can on wheels.
YD14 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 6th December 2023, 14:43   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post

Source:
God help them ! a CD and DVD player in this era. Constant is the only change in Japan perhaps !
Old 6th December 2023, 18:16   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
Or are are these modern 3 pot engines refined to the point where it feels as smooth as a 4 pot? as is the case with the current K-Series engines.
As someone who daily drives a modern 3-pot engine (the Hyundai 1.0 Turbo petrol), the engine is as smooth (or maybe even smoother) than some 4 pots. The only time I can tell that it is a 3-pot are from the mild pedal vibrations on cold starts.
TejasKinger is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2023, 21:04   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
So with the new 3 cylinder engine being standard, and presumably it will be the same in India launch as well, Does it mean owners of old Swift looking to upgrade to new Swift should expect a more vibration present driving experience compared to before?
Or are are these modern 3 pot engines refined to the point where it feels as smooth as a 4 pot? as is the case with the current K-Series engines.
We can expect better refinement than the current 3 pot K-series engines. I don't think it will achieve the level of refinement that the 4 pot K-series engines have.

Since the Tiago, altroz and punch are selling like hot cakes with that unrefined 3 cylinder engine (also the Nexon, but it is a much better version and is powerful) , I don't think it will be a problem.
harikrishnansp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2023, 21:11   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Some comparisons with the previous model:

Next-gen Suzuki Swift concept revealed ahead of official debut later this month-screenshot-20231206-210736.png

Link:
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2023, 22:42   #52
BHPian

It's sad to see the death of refined 4 cylinder engines. A typical 4 cylinder engine will definitely rev higher and sound better than an equivalent 3 cylinder. But unfortunately, the entire industry is moving towards 3 cylinder engines. Even something touted to be as sporty as Toyota GR Corolla has a 1.6 Liter turbo 3 cylinder engine in it! (It does rev to 7200 RPM though)

Either the engineers know something that the general audience doesn't or the bean counters are influencing the design and engineering decisions to cut a cylinder for cost savings.

What I don't understand is how can a 3 pot engine be as refined as a naturally balanced 4 pot engine! Are NVH no longer a concern for manufacturers?
vamsi.vadrevu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th December 2023, 07:46   #53
Senior - BHPian

Also notice how the ADAS features like AEB and Lane Keep Assist are "hard programmed" with a physical button. The Swift cockpit looks like a proper old-school analog car. I somehow liked it !
I just hope Suzuki gets at least a 3-star compliant car in India and gets rid of the Alto/Wagon R by making the Ignis the entry level car.

Last edited by fhdowntheline : 7th December 2023 at 07:48.
fhdowntheline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2023, 08:22   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Suzuki Swift for Europe. Arriving in spring of 2024, the exterior design could be closely related to the Indian version. Differs slightly from the Japanese version.

Next-gen Suzuki Swift concept revealed ahead of official debut later this month-screenshot-20231207-081027.png

Next-gen Suzuki Swift concept revealed ahead of official debut later this month-screenshot-20231207-081050.png

Next-gen Suzuki Swift concept revealed ahead of official debut later this month-screenshot-20231207-081120.png

Next-gen Suzuki Swift concept revealed ahead of official debut later this month-screenshot-20231207-081145.png

Quote:
Swift does have more curved, softer edges compared to the out-going model, while the front end features a larger piano black grille, new headlights with an L-shaped lighting signature and the traditional Suzuki badge at the base of the bonnet, rather than the centre of the grille.
Quote:
The sleek new look is completed by clamshell-like bonnet and removal of the fog lights from the front bumper. Other tweaks include a new set of tail-lights and a more aggressive rear bumper, plus the new Swift features a proper set of rear door handles, rather than burying them in the C-pillar like the current model does.
Quote:
The interior has received a much more significant overhaul, with a new dashboard design that has the central touchscreen sitting on top, so it’s more in the driver’s eye line. The nine-inch touchscreen itself is also a new addition, and comes with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone connectivity. Below that you’ll find the climate control switches and further down some USB charging ports. There’s a new set of driver instruments and a new steering wheel design, too, but Suzuki has stuck with physical buttons and controls in the Swift.
Quote:
Safety features on the new Swift include a braking assist system that uses radar and a camera to detect vehicles, bicycles and pedestrians in front of the car, and will apply the brakes if the system thinks a collision is likely. The new Swift also gets lane keep assist, lane departure warning, blind spot monitoring, adaptive cruise control and a camera built into the instrument panel to monitor if the driver is drowsy or not paying attention to the road.
Link:
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2023, 21:59   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Nice. Japan is still in Audiophile century
SlowDough is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2023, 10:12   #56
BHPian

One thing most of us agree is how poorly it is designed. The outgoing generation is so much better looking, especially in those top trims with smoked head-lamps and diamond cut alloys.
subie_socal is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th December 2023, 12:06   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subie_socal View Post
One thing most of us agree is how poorly it is designed. The outgoing generation is so much better looking,
Atleast i find this one better looking than the one that is available now. I liked the second generation as well. Hopefully they keep the front grill all black and not chrome lined.

This will be a good contender to replace my 13 year old a-star. Any news if the india version will be strong-hybrid?
saion666 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th December 2023, 12:15   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saion666 View Post
Atleast i find this one better looking than the one that is available now. I liked the second generation as well. Hopefully they keep the front grill all black and not chrome lined.

This will be a good contender to replace my 13 year old a-star. Any news if the india version will be strong-hybrid?
The model will launch soon. They will not delay with launch.
Old 8th December 2023, 13:55   #59
BHPian

Suzuki simply cannot do premium interiors. Right from Baleno and the upcoming Swift to Grand Vitara (in Indian context), a layman simply won't be able to tell the differences in interior apart. Some users have already pointed out the obvious ones such as window switches etc.

Now, these interiors are good enough for both Swift and Baleno, but to offer the same in their premium offerings deprives the customer of the feeling of an upgrade. If my family were to upgrade from our Ertiga (2014) today and we find the same interior bits and pieces in the newer Maruti's, it would be an instant turn off.
Doonite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2023, 14:31   #60

That is one ugly-looking car! Sorry, I know looks are subjective but that front view is a huge step down from the existing model, which is a good looker. This is without even talking about the 3 cylinder avatar.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks