Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2023, 12:36   #1
Senior - BHPian

Next-gen Suzuki Swift concept revealed ahead of official debut later this month

Suzuki is all set to unveil the next-generation Swift Concept at the Japan Mobility Show, scheduled between October 26 - November 5, 2023.

Ahead of its unveiling though, the carmaker is said to have released a single image showcasing the new Swift Concept. The car seems to carry forward similar dimensions compared to the current model, with slightly tweaked styling - indicating the new-gen version will be an evolution of the existing Swift. Also, though Suzuki states that the model showcased is a Concept, it could be very close to the final production version.

Next-gen Suzuki Swift concept revealed ahead of official debut later this month-swiftconcept.jpeg

As per reports, the international-spec Suzuki Swift will feature active high beams, a driver monitoring system and dual-sensor brake support for its AEB system. While the details are still unknown, the 2024 Swift will be underpinned by a slightly updated version of the Heartect platform.

Inside, the 2024 Suzuki Swift could offer features like a 9-inch touchscreen infotainment system, a more digitised instrument cluster, wireless charging, a head-up display and a 360-degree camera; to name a few.

The international version of the Swift will be powered by various hybrid powertrain options, apart from the standard petrol and turbo-petrol engines.

Source: WhichCar

Link to Team-BHP news

Last edited by RahulNagaraj : 3rd October 2023 at 12:38.
RahulNagaraj is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2023, 17:09   #2
BHPian

Re: Next-gen Suzuki Swift concept revealed ahead of official debut later this month

Is it just me or does the front end look extremley ill - proportioned? The front headlights seem too close to the hood line. And the wheels too look to small for the arches. If this is indeed the new Swift, I'm disappointed by the design.
JunkyardHunter is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2023, 18:52   #3

Re: Next-gen Suzuki Swift concept revealed ahead of official debut later this month

Hyundai and Suzuki both trying too hard to give their logos a separate real estate outside the grill area. Mutual head banging into a wall happening in the Japanese automotive designers' offices it seems.
tez_padhye is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2023, 22:06   #4
Senior - BHPian

More of Next-gen Swift concept.

Next-gen Suzuki Swift concept revealed ahead of official debut later this month-smartselect_20231003220244_instagram.jpg

Link
Venkatesh is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2023, 22:38   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tez_padhye View Post
Hyundai and Suzuki both trying too hard to give their logos a separate real estate outside the grill area. Mutual head banging .. designers' offices it seems.
They might be preparing for totally grille-less or minimalist grille designs. EVs and razor thin LED / LASER headlamp housings make a designer's life super difficult by freeing them up from legacy constraints. No excuses anymore!

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 3rd October 2023 at 22:43.
sandeepmdas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2023, 09:15   #6
Senior - BHPian

Over the last 13 years we've had 2 Maruti Swift's in the family. Both have served their purpose given their limited capacity well enough.

If the new one gets a decent Bharat NCAP 4 Star rating I'll replace my mothers Swift with the new one with no second thought, else will be time to finally leave the Maruti family.
Maky is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2023, 09:57   #7
BHPian

Given that they have other products like Baleno for normal cars, why cant they do something exciting to Swift. A better motor, wheels and suspension. Dont think you need to care about interior space.
The bezel on that entertainment screen is so ugly.
PreludeSH is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 4th October 2023, 10:15   #8
Senior - BHPian

What have they done to a once beautiful car!!!

Reminds me of how HERO killed the CBZ and the Karizma!
2000rpm is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th October 2023, 10:34   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Was expecting a low beltline a la old gen Nissan Tilda/Renault Megane seeing the scoop pics and am not disappointed. Though the front grille and rear bumper detailing are kinda fussy. Thank God, the concealed rear door handles have been removed for normal ones. IRL, it is just unaware people trying to scratch the rear door panel looking for the door handle, especially at night. Also kind wait to seee the FE figures of the strong hybrid.

But.

The interiors are a let down. Someone at Suzuki has really taken fancy to multi layered dashboard design. For the sake of it, just like that protruding tablet. Maahn, do I have the urge to chop that top half of the screen off. Same old steering wheel and controls. In short. Boring interior. gives sort of the Vitara Brezza->Brezza like change than the previous generational changes of the Swift
DicKy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2023, 15:18   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreludeSH View Post
. A better motor, wheels and suspension.
I guess a brand new motor is planned for 2024 Swift launch. I heard the new engine will replace the current K series engine and would be more powerful than the current one.

Knowing the fact that the new powertrain is more capable, Yet need to see if MSIL ditch the old legacy or choose the safe route in these new launches.
Old 4th October 2023, 17:01   #11
Kln
BHPian

If Maruti gets the 1.3 lit hybrid engine in this Swift, there will be no stopping its sales. Looks like they have a winner in their hands.
Old 4th October 2023, 17:16   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tez_padhye View Post
Hyundai and Suzuki both trying too hard to give their logos a separate real estate outside the grill area. Mutual head banging into a wall happening in the Japanese automotive designers' offices it seems.
My guess is this is to free up space to plug in sensors for ADAS and other active safety features. a lot of luxury cars already have a blank plastic window in the grille - and you can see the hint of it below the logo in the swift as well
greenhorn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2023, 00:30   #13

Looks like Swift is trying hard to be a mini, with a forced retro / classic look.
Unstuck is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2023, 00:34   #14

The design looks like a hatchback version of Maserati MC20, looks proportionate to my eyes, and thank god they didn't climb the big grill wagon. And for interiors they have went with brezza and baleno theme, which i feel is very safe bet, with the volumes it’s expected to generate they cant mess up or experiment much.

This looks coupled with 1.2k series engine for conservative and 1.0 boosterjet engine for the enthusiasts, atleast 4 star Bharat N-CAP rating for all.

If maruti delivers this, it will set sales chart on fire!

Having a hybrid at this price point is not feasible IMO, but it would be a pleasant surprise if maruti could pull it off.
Old 5th October 2023, 15:36   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
More of Next-gen Swift concept.

Attachment 2511738

Link
In my opinion, the interior looks like they designed it with the European markets in mind and it looks all the better for it. I love the white and black dashboard they even kept physical buttons! If they price it right and give it the 1.3 litre engine, I think sales will be off the charts.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks