Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2014, 21:53   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Chinese SUV's

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
This is not the first time they have copied cars. Moreover, many manufacturers tried to sue them but failed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by batterylow View Post
The odds of a foreigner winning a case against a Chinese company in a Chinese court is pretty low I guess. Ergo!
Both of you are correct. Discussed this topic with Paa and he too said that in any market be it Auto-sector or the power sector or any other industrial sector, where ever these Chinese have ventured it is a total mess and because of their tactics it is a loss to many reputed brands. They are really clever in protecting their short-comings.

Thanks.
Old 4th August 2014, 09:47   #47
Senior - BHPian

China auto factory ignored warnings about dust blast risk: Report
By Reuters | 4 Aug, 2014

HONG KONG: Local government officials in China repeatedly warned a car parts factory that was rocked by a deadly blast over the weekend that high levels of dust could spark an explosion, the South China Morning Post newspaper reported on Monday.

The blast at the Kunshan Zhongrong Metal Products Co Ltd factory in the city of Kunshan on Saturday killed at least 71 people and injured more than 180.

A preliminary investigation suggested it was triggered when a flame was lit in a dust-filled room, the local government said at a news conference on Saturday, describing the incident as a serious safety breach.

The company had ignored prior warnings about dust, an unidentified official at the Kunshan Administration of Work Safety told the newspaper.

Neither Kunshan officials nor executives from Kunshan Zhongrong could be reached for comment.

Based about an hour's drive from Shanghai, Kunshan Zhongrong polishes wheel hubs for automakers including General Motors Co . The blast is China's worst industrial accident in a year.

The official Xinhua news agency said two company representatives had been taken into police custody and that President Xi Jinping had demanded a full inquiry into what happened and punishment for those responsible.

link:
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/39593719.cms
Old 4th August 2014, 19:09   #48
BHPian

Chinese do take the cake for copying but given a chance we too do it , but more subtly. Here's M&M's take on the Hummer
Attached Thumbnails
Chinese SUV's-axe2.jpg  

Old 21st April 2015, 16:26   #49
BHPian

The Chinese copycat machine at work. The Evoque-lookalike Landwind X7 from Jiangling Motors (JMC) being parked at Beijing.
Attached Thumbnails
Chinese SUV's-landwindx7rear.jpg  

Old 21st April 2015, 16:47   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by debmum View Post
The Chinese copycat machine at work. The Evoque-lookalike Landwind X7 from Jiangling Motors (JMC) being parked at Beijing.
JLR even tried going legal against this, but just yesterday itself announced that nothing can be done against "Land Wind".

“There are no laws . . . to protect us,” Mr Speth claimed. “We have to take it as it is. It’s a pity but it is as it is. In Europe, we can be protected against this kind of copy-paste in the design language, in the features but also the technology. You can’t be protected in China.”

Source:
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/533012c6-e...#axzz3XwQctfh6
http://europe.autonews.com/article/2...lookalike-from
Old 1st May 2015, 21:37   #51
Senior - BHPian

Indian Autos Blog reports about an Ecosport clone.;
Link: http://indianautosblog.com/2015/04/b...hanghai-177261

Quote:
This is the Chinese BYD Yuan concept, which according to one company official who spoke to IAB, will enter production later this year in China. While the design of the front fascia – whether its funky or overdone – seems to be an original attempt from the Shenzhen-based car maker, the side and rear angles are unmistakably inspired by the Ford EcoSport.
Attached Thumbnails
Chinese SUV's-4.jpg  

Last edited by rajeev k : 1st May 2015 at 22:02.
rajeev k is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 18:04   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by debmum View Post
Recently i came across the article in ET talking about Land Wind.
Given that Chinese are copying the design language and also have the access to the technology from Tier-I suppliers,and are better equipped from features perspective, my question is does these copied machines (Land wind) ride and handling is similar to that of Land Rover?

I mean is there anything (from technology perspective) that is significantly better that would differentiate Land Rover from Land Wind? Why should a customer consider paying additional amount for the Land Rover apart from a brand name? Any thoughts.
Old 26th April 2016, 14:57   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autolock123 View Post
Recently i came across the article in ET talking about Land Wind.
Given that Chinese are copying the design language and also have the access to the technology from Tier-I suppliers,and are better equipped from features perspective, my question is does these copied machines (Land wind) ride and handling is similar to that of Land Rover?

I mean is there anything (from technology perspective) that is significantly better that would differentiate Land Rover from Land Wind? Why should a customer consider paying additional amount for the Land Rover apart from a brand name? Any thoughts.
Its a question of integrity and ethics, which I suppose the chinese players have none. JLR has done all the hard work, the research, development, design, and then produced an Evoque, if xyz wingding motors in rural China blatantly copies the entire product down to the last screw and then sells it for a cheaper price, how can it be fair? In copying a product I am sure the Chinese copycat has not thought about tolerances, metallurgy, crash tests, etc etc, and the product will not last the distance. If he charges 50% of JLR cost mostly his product will be 10% as good as the one from JLR.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks