Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2011, 13:20   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: F1 2011 - Canadian Grand Prix MONTREAL

^^ A man who started his racing career in 1989 and came well up the ranks to race in Formula1 says this...

"The reality is, I lifted to let him past me but I did it in heavy spray on the racing line. "You should never do that. I would never do that now. In 1998 I didn't have the experience and knowledge - and I'd never had anyone run into the back of me.

Even before this incident happened, Michael had a tough time lapping DC who was running last and Todt had to walk to the Mclaren garage to cool things down and Michael showed his fist to DC as he lapped him. The 2nd time when he came around near DC he put Michael into his back!

Not going to post more on this topic! You are fine with what you believe and same with me too! Sorry, If I offended any fans of DC here.
Old 14th June 2011, 13:35   #92
BHPian

To be fair, DC's comment means that he made a mistake without realizing it. So you cannot say that he did it on purpose. At that time, he didn't realize how big a mistake it was. He only realized that years later when Alonso did the same to him at Nurburgring ( 2003? ). So, it's a bit of an exaggeration to say that DC and Ron Dennis were trying to kill Schumi.
By the way, I'm no fan of DC.
Old 14th June 2011, 13:48   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Slander?
really?
on a forum, heaven forbid!
like i said, wordplay is not something i want to get into a discussion about.
For me,there is only one team on the grid, that is mclaren.
For me, then are the drivers for mclaren.
And then (for me) there is everybody else.
I hope that clears things up.

waiting now for the next race.
Good you say what you wrote is purely your opinion. It didnt seem that way with the earlier post though :

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
That is because hamilton's a perceived threat for most drivers..
but surprisingly you will not see vettel fans here bashing him
you'll see fans of schumie, who was a legend in his own right, and heeded the call of going out while on top.
he'll forever be remembered for his greatness and his, ahem, follies....
its the eternal battle of ferrari vs mclaren.
you wont hear anyone talking about his current greatness at mercedes...

without people like him and schumie, taking chances and messing up at times, you'd think f1 was being driven by accountants!
so far the season has been monotonous, except for hamilton's antics!
This post seemed like it was stated like a "fact" and not an "opinion.
Old 14th June 2011, 15:47   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by good.car-ma View Post

BBC commentary is not much better either. EJ and DC spout rubbish and the less said about Brundle the better. Its just that it sounds very informative and insightful to those who are used to Steve Slater's rubbish.
Sure, EJ clown around, always. We cannot help it; some people have it in them. But I am thankful that he doesn't do the running commentary along with DC & Brundle.

DC has his preferences and likings and it does come out from time to time, especially with MS in the picture. But he is informative and insightful. So I can tolerate him.

And I have been watching Brundle for some time now and he is good with the BBC. I have no complaints against him. You don't have to watch the ESPN Star coverage to appreciate the BBC team for the great job that they are doing.
Old 14th June 2011, 17:03   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Sure, EJ clown around, always. We cannot help it; some people have it in them. But I am thankful that he doesn't do the running commentary along with DC & Brundle.

DC has his preferences and likings and it does come out from time to time, especially with MS in the picture. But he is informative and insightful. So I can tolerate him.

And I have been watching Brundle for some time now and he is good with the BBC. I have no complaints against him. You don't have to watch the ESPN Star coverage to appreciate the BBC team for the great job that they are doing.
Absolutely.
The grid walks that Brundle has are very good. Getting those small snippets from drivers and others on the grid is real entertainment IMO. In comparison we have "resident expert" Sanjeev whats-his-name talking on a badly connected phone talking all the time about how he influences Lewis' races every weekend.
Then they have Ted Kravitz giving everyone live news from the pitlane which is very interesting. Lee Mckenzie manages to get drivers comments during the race itself as soon as they retire.

The Star Sports commentary team (which commentate sitting in the studios) are absolutely no match for BBC. I also abhor the fact that Steve keeps asking Alex Yoong (who is right up there among the "worst drivers ever to drive an F1 car") about how it feels to drive through so-and-so corner at full throttle when the only experience he's had is in a c.rap car for one season, where he crashed out most of the time. Whats worse is Alex's replies where he talks as though he was there for 10 years. Martin Brundle is very different in this regard as he always admits the cars are completely different and that he wouldnt know. He reads the races very well indeed.

Its a no contest really. I would trade the BBC commentary for Star Sports 10 times out of 9
Old 15th June 2011, 10:04   #96
BHPian

BBC F1 2011 - 7 Canadian GP - From the pit lane with Ted Kravitz

Star sports has been beaming the same format of race covegare for over a decade now.
I have never seen any reporter walk through a team garage before, made watching this video all the more special.
Old 15th June 2011, 11:16   #97
Senior - BHPian

Credit-where-credit-is-due

Well! BBC is now getting some accolades even in the UK for their F1 coverage at Canada. And it is very difficult to please the media in UK. So they must be doing some thing right. Read this pitpass - Credit where credit is due

I have found pitpass - the latest, hottest F1 news to be a quality site for everything Formula 1 and the articles by Mike Lawrence a real treat to read.

Now, I was wondering whether we can do something to improve the show in ESPN Star.

Last edited by deetjohn : 15th June 2011 at 11:21. Reason: Adding the Q.
Old 15th June 2011, 11:28   #98
Senior - BHPian

Re: Credit-where-credit-is-due

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Now, I was wondering whether we can do something to improve the show in ESPN Star.
A good start would be to give a grand send off to Steve Slater with an year's coffee stock
Old 16th June 2011, 13:12   #99
Senior - BHPian

I don't know why but I never posted in this section of TBHP.
I am a huge F1 fan and have been following the sport from 1999 - the days when Mika and Schumi used to fight it out.

Last week's race was truly memorable and one of the best I have seen.
Kudos to Button and Schumi as well. Schumi was awesome in the rain. If it had not dried up at the end, there was a high chance of Schumi winning it - he was setting fastest laps in the intermediates.

I expect Mclaren to become even more stronger as the year progresses. If Hamilton can keep his cool, Vettel has a fight on his hands for sure!

Do we have a thread for F1 Gp at India? It is on October 30, after all the drama with the Bahrain GP.
If not, I will start one.
Old 16th June 2011, 17:44   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Do we have a thread for F1 Gp at India? It is on October 30, after all the drama with the Bahrain GP.
If not, I will start one.
Hi Adi,

Here is the link http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intl-m...l-circuit.html

Cheers!

Vinu
myavu is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks