Senior - BHPian

Re: 2012-13 Silly Season is here !!!

Senna replaced by Bottas at Williams.

Source
Old 28th November 2012, 18:08   #122
Senior - BHPian

^^^

Good move (hopefully). Pit lane seems to rate him well & Bruno wasn't doing anything special. I was hoping he would come good in the second half but he didn't and finished behind Pastor even when he was the most penalized driver of 2012. http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/2...river-in-2012/

Surprisingly, Grosjean is way behind - same as Hulk (maybe because this includes gear box etc penalty). Schumacher was a distant second.
Old 28th November 2012, 23:10   #123
BHPian

Bottas is a very sensible guy and very fit. He is quite expressive compared to typical monosyllabic finns and has been within 0.1 sec off maldonados pace in free practice.Hope to see him mould into great material over next few years, maybe like mika or kimi.
Old 29th November 2012, 19:39   #124
Senior - BHPian

This could probably be the best rumor in a long time.

http://www.blogf1.it/2012/11/29/per-...no-in-ferrari/

Translation by TSF1

Quote:
There might be a confirmation of this news in the next couple of days, and a dream come true for Tifosi young and old. It is said that Ross Brawn is negotiating with Ferrari for a spectaculair return to Via Abetone Inferiore Maranello, after 7 years of fishing, winning a world title with Honda and a until now painful adventure with Mercedes, the big man might be on his way back home.

In the last four seasons Ferrari lacked people with clever, creative and outside of the box ideas, just as president Di Montezemolo has hammered on, en it is for exactly this, he seems to have given Ross a call,, who is known for his great ability to read the rules, and find holes and possibility's in every paragraph. As seen in Honda with the double diffuser and in Mercedes with their DDRS.

In Maranello Brawn would take the role as technical director, Pat Fry head designer and Tombazis will have to take a few steps back after he led the Gestione Sportiva with the last 4 cars being a complete or partially dissapointement. We have to remember, might everything come together, Brawn will have to go trough a period of gardening leave, a 6 months stop, like James Key recently. But there might be a shortcut, if Mercedes Petronas AMG changes their name to Mercedes AMG, he might go to Ferrari immediately. If not Brawn might start his work in Maranello halfway through the season, and will be completely installed long before the important season 2014 with the engine change starts.

For now nothing is still confirmed, but the time is ready for the legendary British engineer to come home, where he togheter with Rory Byrne, Jean Todt and Michael Schumacher wrote history, not only in Ferrari, but in F1 all together.
anachronix is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2012, 20:59   #125
Senior - BHPian

Very interesting speculation.

But I wonder if Brawn would go back to Ferrari because:

1. One of the reasons for his Ferrari exit was supposed to be his failure to land the role of Team Principal when Todt left. He is already Team Principal at Mercedes, so anything less than Stefano's job would seem to be a step back career-wise.

2. Another reason for his Ferrari exit was supposed to be his desire to move back to England. Ferrari are still based in Italy.

3. He has also made quite a bit of money by selling his team to Mercedes, so he doesn't need the money Ferrari throws at him.

4. Lewis signing with Mercedes and talking about creating a strong team etc - I guess Lewis would've sought assurances from Brawn while signing for Mercedes. I don't think he would've signed if he was told that Brawn may be leaving.
Old 29th November 2012, 21:56   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
Very interesting speculation.

But I wonder if Brawn would go back to Ferrari because:

4. Lewis signing with Mercedes and talking about creating a strong team etc - I guess Lewis would've sought assurances from Brawn while signing for Mercedes. I don't think he would've signed if he was told that Brawn may be leaving.
Exactly, Why leave a team of which you are a core element of? But as most rumors generally turn out - might be true. Then Lewis is in a big soup for a foreseeable future.
Old 30th November 2012, 11:54   #127
Senior - BHPian

If this is news is true I strongly hope that he replaces Stephano. He is the italian version of Martin Whitmarsh, too much management talks and nothing achieved in real.

It also brings a strong possibility for Michael finding some BIG role with the Mercedes F1 team.

Ross Brawn left the team as he was not given the team principal role when Todt left the team. Its the mighty stupid Luca and his politics mixed with the F1 team trying to make it more italian for no good!

All we have to do is wait for the silly season 2013
Old 30th November 2012, 13:35   #128
Senior - BHPian

List of all penalties in 2012 (I'm not sure if "By Driver" option gives the correct numbers but "By Race" has the list)

NK getting a penalty for speeding in the pitlane during the race! I thought everyone complained that he was slow

Last edited by zenren : 30th November 2012 at 13:40.
zenren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2012, 16:23   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
List of all penalties in 2012 (I'm not sure if "By Driver" option gives the correct numbers but "By Race" has the list)

NK getting a penalty for speeding in the pitlane during the race! I thought everyone complained that he was slow
Interesting, hmmm. Schumacher is top on the list along with Maldonado, total of 11. Vettel is not behind with 9. Everybody's nemesis is much lower down the order with 4, one of them being DSQ. Alonso is the only front running driver with no penalties.

Besides this, Kimi scored points in 19 of 20 races, Alonso in 18 and Vettel in 17.

Last edited by sa_kiran : 30th November 2012 at 16:25.
Old 6th December 2012, 13:18   #130
Senior - BHPian

I think the Brawn to Ferrari rumors are false. The Italian Sports media gets quite high on rumors and they cook quite a few in the off season. Ross Brawn is very much a Mercedes man and he will stay there as far as I can predict.

Schumi is rumored to take on some sort of role within Mercedes. I expect him to be a driver coach or something. Track performance operations if you want to be a little technical.

If Ferrari are trying to hire anyone, it would be Adrian Newey I feel. Sadly, the brit wont go anywhere and he will retire with RBR. I doubt he will have a free hand at Ferrari.
Old 29th December 2012, 01:06   #131
BHPian

Found this interesting read on planetf1,

http://planetf1.com/driver/18227/836...Ferrari-a-hand

Ferrari to use the Toyota wind tunnel for the 2013 car development.

-Sajan
Old 3rd January 2013, 13:41   #132
mgh
BHPian

Force India now a two-horse race?
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...cond-seat.html
Old 3rd January 2013, 14:27   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgh View Post
Oh Yes and the Ferrari connection to Bianchi seems louder than just rumblings.

SFI is known to trade drivers for Engine deals, remember Fisico couple of years back ?

They are going to be just above Caterham this year if they don't do well as Sauber and Torro Rosso , not to mention Williams will do far better.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks