Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2012, 18:53   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2012 F1 - SINGTEL Singapore Grand Prix

If Michael's crash was caused by anything other than human error then he would not have been given a 10 place grid penalty for the next race. The race stewards would have considered his car's telemetry data before handing him out the penalty. The penalty just goes to confirm that it was human error. Michael got caught napping. That is all.

Last edited by vikram_d : 24th September 2012 at 19:08.
Old 24th September 2012, 19:00   #47
BANNED

Guys, lets just forget the Singapore Grand Prix,

It was one of THE MOST BORING races of the decade. And wonder why it got extended.

As far as Michael is Concerned, Mercedes have failed him yet again. PLUS Michael has done it again, last year he went out of Singapore GP in a similar fashion and the victim was Bruno Senna and this year Vergne. Maybe this is the Circuit Schumi will want to forget his entire career.

SINGAPORE 2010 - He finished 13th ( this should have been the biggest indication of whats going to come)

SINGAPORE 2011 - CRASH

SINGAPORE 2012 - CRASH

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 24th September 2012 at 19:04.
Old 25th September 2012, 11:27   #48
BHPian

Schumi's falling asleep at night actually :P
Gutted for Lewis. Such terrible bad luck :(
Old 25th September 2012, 11:32   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Man, I missed the race.
Absolutely traumatized by lewis's retirement.
But, yeah, it seems singapore's all for the bling and visuals, not any meaningful racing.
Old 25th September 2012, 17:53   #50
Senior - BHPian

Either way it was a fantastic result for our own Vijay Mallya's Force India and Paul DiResta.

4th place best ever of the year and in a long time. DiResta said he could've taken 3rd place if the safety car timing had worked in his favour.
Old 26th September 2012, 10:15   #51
BANNED

F1 is Bernie's circus or tamasha, and Singtel was a jolly good show. I enjoyed it thoroughly.
Old 26th September 2012, 11:16   #52
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
F1 is Bernie's circus or tamasha, and Singtel was a jolly good show. I enjoyed it thoroughly.
True, I guess this along with Monaco is there in the calendar more on an entertainment perspective, and nothing much for the thrills of racing.

------

There are talks on reducing the length of the track, fully eliminating turn 10 from the current layout. This is more on safety reasons, and also to reduce the overall race duration.
Old 26th September 2012, 12:19   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
True, I guess this along with Monaco is there in the calendar more on an entertainment perspective, and nothing much for the thrills of racing.
Atleast, I feel Monaco is thrilling to watch from the on-board shots. Singapore - not even that
Old 26th September 2012, 14:01   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post

As far as Michael is Concerned, Mercedes have failed him yet again. PLUS Michael has done it again, last year he went out of Singapore GP in a similar fashion and the victim was Bruno Senna and this year Vergne. Maybe this is the Circuit Schumi will want to forget his entire career.
Somehow I cannot help feeling there was something wrong with the car too. 2011 was a 100% driver error. Schumi never made an attempt to brake, veer or avoid Perez. But this year, you can clearly see Kimi's car behind Schumi maintaining almost constant distance and at the same speeds as the Merc. Kimi could brake, control and steer, Schumi couldn't. not saying there's absolutely no driver error, but it just looks weird how all wheels lock up and there's no slowing down, nor steering.
reswaran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2012, 15:52   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reswaran View Post
Somehow I cannot help feeling there was something wrong with the car too. 2011 was a 100% driver error. Schumi never made an attempt to brake, veer or avoid Perez. But this year, you can clearly see Kimi's car behind Schumi maintaining almost constant distance and at the same speeds as the Merc. Kimi could brake, control and steer, Schumi couldn't. not saying there's absolutely no driver error, but it just looks weird how all wheels lock up and there's no slowing down, nor steering.
It was past bed time and old man was feeling sleepyyyy

Was gutted to see Lewis's end like this. I think now it will be between Alonso and Vettel. I hate to see any of them get the crown this year.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks