Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2012, 13:45   #31
BHPian

Re: 2012 F1 - Indian Grand Prix -Buddh International Circuit

I think we should not bother about what Ferrari feels about the Italian Navy or what happened in Kerala. We are a free country and any one has rights to express their feelings. We should choose to ignore it and move ahead. That would be the best response. If we do react, its a victory for what they intend.
zoombiee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2012, 13:48   #32
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by revintup View Post
Regarding the Ferrari Navy Flag issue, I strongly feel that the GP attendees should show atleast a token protest.
I think we should all boo Ferrari. The message will get home fast. Te only point on the other side is that some blood money has been paid and accepted.
Old 26th October 2012, 15:45   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I think we should all boo Ferrari. The message will get home fast. Te only point on the other side is that some blood money has been paid and accepted.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_It...he_Arabian_Sea

Two guys were killed, Both did not have houses of their own and were the sole earning members of the family. One had two younger unmarried sisters and no parents, other had a wife and a young kid.

Blood money was accepted to te tune of Rs 1 crore but that is only because of the helplessness of the relatives. No amount of money equals the loss of a life, all it helps is in providing financial stability necessary for maintaining a dignified life.
Old 26th October 2012, 15:54   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
+1

Source: http://sports.ndtv.com/formula-1/new...e-otherstories

Though I respect Ferrari's choice to show support to their countrymen, I wish a few of us Indians also show support to our countrymen who were killed by black-flagging the Ferraris or displaying banners with the pictures of the fishermen who were killed.
+1. Even though I am a die hard Ferrari fan, but this time I am also booing Ferrari. Those who are going to see the race, please black flag Ferrari.
Old 26th October 2012, 16:16   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Oh, I haven't had such a good laugh in years as I had watching Massa treating turns 6 & 7.

Its like his everest !!!
Old 26th October 2012, 17:06   #36
Senior - BHPian

About the Italians in their Ferrari's and the flags, I would suggest that they should realise that they are guests over here and behave appropriately when appearing in public. An incident did happen near Cochin, and the matter is being looked into and handled by authorities of both nations concerned. Now for Ferrari to provoke, what is to stop some hot headed bloke (there are many around in India) to retaliate? And then we will hear about law and order. Ferrari was not present at the time of the accident. I have Italian business friends, they seriously enquired whether the 2 navymen could receive a death sentence and be hanged. That was being played up by the Italian press for their local consumption. We do have laws and procedures, they take time, the killing was not intentional, they can never be sentenced to death, Ferrari should concentrate on the race and not indulge in cheap publicity for their home consumption. Many Italians visit India, they do not wear black arm bands, neither does the Italian Ambassador in India make such public displays. Ferrari need to focus on the track, not on a incident in south India.

Cheers harit

Last edited by moralfibre : 27th October 2012 at 09:34.
harit is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th October 2012, 18:39   #37
Senior - BHPian

I agree with the anti-Ferrari sentiment here. Who are you showing support for? Killing innocent, unarmed fisherman. I pray that the navy personnel are adequately punished, and that Ferrari lose badly (even though I don't want Vettel to win).

Boo Ferrari!
Old 26th October 2012, 18:50   #38
BHPian

Congratulations LDM and Ferrari - you have definitely made sure that the 2 Italian marines will have to wait even longer to leave the Indian shores
This story was almost forgotten by the media and public and by your silly gesture you have brought it to the limelight again.Way to go

No litigations yet against Ferrari in any courts yet?I am surprised as there are many who just wait to jump on these situations
Old 26th October 2012, 20:17   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jraj View Post
Congratulations LDM and Ferrari - you have definitely made sure that the 2 Italian marines will have to wait even longer to leave the Indian shores
This story was almost forgotten by the media and public and by your silly gesture you have brought it to the limelight again.Way to go
Exactly, there was no need for Ferrari to show off its prowess especially in India. This is sheer stupidity. Someone has to 'educate' people at the circuit about what Ferrari is doing to support or to blow up the issue. I hope they get booed.

Last edited by addyhemmige : 26th October 2012 at 20:24.
Old 26th October 2012, 22:59   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/go...marines-284706

Getting in on the act. Oh, I hope this doesn't cause any hiccups.

Last edited by mayankk : 26th October 2012 at 23:00.
Old 27th October 2012, 01:15   #41
BHPian

They fly Italian Navy flag, we should fly Kerala Police flag. Tit for tat.

Just a suggestion to racegoers.

Then again, flying a navy's battle flag is a sign of aggression, is it not?

Last edited by darklord : 27th October 2012 at 01:19.
Old 27th October 2012, 03:29   #42
BHPian

I love Ferrari roadcars however this is really in bad taste. Its quite an immature act by Ferrari in the name of patriotism. Although the Indian government will only lodge a "protest", I wish they do something more to make a bold statement and show the world that you can't just come into our country and make a mockery of it.

Did Ferrari display a flag of peace or freedom for everyone in Bahrain? I think not.
Old 27th October 2012, 06:12   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoombiee
I think we should not bother about what Ferrari feels about the Italian Navy or what happened in Kerala. We are a free country and any one has rights to express their feelings. We should choose to ignore it and move ahead. That would be the best response. If we do react, its a victory for what they intend.
Agree fully with this point of view. Ferrari have the right to support the sailors, we have the right to boo them for supporting the sailors. But claiming that they should not fly the Italian Navy flag is wrong. And comparing India to a dictatorship like Bahrain is stupid. We need to learn from free countries like the US, where people are free to burn the American flag - not from Bahrain, Russia or Saudi Arabia. We are a democracy where people have a fundamental right to freedom of expression, and they can use it to express views even if 99% of Indians disagree with them. The only place where I agree with Ferrari (and the friends of the fishermen) is that it is ridiculous that the trial is not yet done, and is unlikely to get done for the next decade (given the glacial pace at which our judiciary works) - and even the sailors have the right to the presumption of Innocence. If Salman Khan can get bail and travel abroad, why not these guys.

Of course this creates a conflict for me, I had planned to cheer Ferrari and Alonso from the Main Grandstand (my first visit to an F1 race) :-), now I am in two minds.

Last edited by Hayek : 27th October 2012 at 06:15.
Hayek is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2012, 08:53   #44
BANNED

Relax you guys..

Anachronix nailed it on the head when he mentioned the political undertone and Montezemolo's aspirations.

This has got to be all about perception management and brand marketing.

Now that everybody is blowing it out of proportion, they are getting exactly what they wanted. Ferrari will be seen as the guardian savior in Italy and Montezemolo as a knight.

Hook, line and sinker.... it worked like a charm for them .
Old 27th October 2012, 10:10   #45
Senior - BHPian

I echo the sentiments in this thread. Ferrari would be better off working to catch up with RedBull than getting involved in this highly political issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa_kiran View Post
I'm rooting for Lewis on this Sunday :-)
Go Lewis go.
Amazing design there. Lewis really has a soft corner for India. After all, our country gave him massive support during the Bangalore and Mumbai runs.

Hope Michael and Lewis have great weekends in India.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks