Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2013, 19:22   #31
BHPian

Great race.. Many overtakings. Sad to see Alonso down, but he did a good job finishing 8th.

Well deserved victory for Vettle, after overtaking Alonso he never looked back.

Great work from kimi as well.
Old 21st April 2013, 19:51   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2013 F1 - Bahrain Grand Prix

For me the first 5 laps were the best take from the race & what aggression shown by Vettel

Feel sad for Rosberg though.

Also good to see the race happen without any major incident/accident.

Last edited by karan561 : 21st April 2013 at 20:01.
Old 21st April 2013, 20:00   #33
Senior - BHPian

Another thriller after China. With Alonso's DRS issue Vettel was just racing himself. Anyway European stint is coming and let us hope Ferrari and Merc will up their game respectively.

I too feel what Brawn said of Hamilton's gearbox penalty was right. A gearbox damage due to tyre failure and he was heavily penalized. Had Hamilton started from 4th, he would have been there in Podium, may be even IInd. He managed the tyre well today.

Cheers!
Old 21st April 2013, 20:08   #34
Senior - BHPian

I throughly enjoyed the race. I must mention though I was disappointed that FI missed out on the podium. Although, I wonder if things would have gone differently had diresta been a more aggressive defender.
Can someone tell me what the hell happened to Sutils pace after his puncture? He was at the back of the pack like alonso but alonso made many places by the end of it. I of course realise ALO is a superior driver to SUT but SUT didn't do much at all which makes me think if there was damage to his car?
Oh and Esteban is a horrible driver. I bet sauber is regretting hiring him over kamui. Good Sunday for Perez, I hope he maintains consistent performance like this unlike last year where he just showed flashes of pace every other race.

Last edited by Maky : 21st April 2013 at 20:10.
Old 21st April 2013, 23:30   #35
Senior - BHPian

Missed second half of the race, so was pleasantly surprised to see two Lotus drivers on podium. Remarkable how they turned a bad weekend into a strong result. If Grosjean starts to bring strong results like today, redbull will have to watch out or their WCC lead will not last much longer.

Last edited by SilentEngine : 21st April 2013 at 23:31.
Old 22nd April 2013, 00:48   #36
BHPian

For me it was a dull and boring race because after Alonso's wing malfunction and Vettel taking the lead, it was a race to the finish for the Red Bull driver.

He was just getting stronger by the lap.
Such a big gap! I feel Alonso is the guy who can give Vettel a real hard time and after he went down the grid, there just wasn't any competition up there for Vettel.

-Bhargav
Old 22nd April 2013, 01:04   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Sad sad day.
The only good thing about it would be that finally Perez bared some fangs. A bit rabid at one instance, but good fight. All that is to be done now is wait for the upgrade package in Barcelona.

The Mercedes, meanwhile, they look to be back to their tyre chomping diet from last year!
Old 22nd April 2013, 02:25   #38
Senior - BHPian

Great race for me, I knew it was going to be vettel. Flawless driving from him, from amazing start till the end. First 5 laps were a joy to watch. Now webber needs to buck up, lotus guys are nearing the red bull in constructors championship.

And felt bad for di resta, I wanted him to see him in the place of gro, Anyways expect force india to do well in future. Quite a aggressive driving from button too and perez too, they were fighting quite hard.

Last edited by sameerg001 : 22nd April 2013 at 02:52.
Old 22nd April 2013, 09:48   #39
Senior - BHPian

Hate it when Vettel wins. That finger is annoying. Unfortunately, all the drivers who could challenge him were at the back.

But good race, fights in 1st 5 laps was great, Button Vs Perez was great, MW Vs LH was great. Alonso's drive was great too considering where he was at one stage and where he finished without DRS. I liked Rosberg's drive too, so unlike him. Perez seems to have woken up, finally!
asr245 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2013, 11:13   #40
BHPian

Exciting race overall though i missed the last 9 laps or so, where most of the action was happening (I got updates from whatsapp from friends ) I was certain we would have podium for SFI. What I missed was the last 5 laps when diResta lost his 3rd place and the renault guys upped their performance.
What a pace from RBR - Vettel, he was hours away from the 2nd place runners at any given time!!
Old 22nd April 2013, 11:30   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
The Mercedes, meanwhile, they look to be back to their tyre chomping diet from last year!
Much better then last year. Last year Mercedes where on 37 points. This year its 64 without any tire lotteries.
Old 22nd April 2013, 11:47   #42
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Good Race

Good to see FI ahead of McLaren (for how long needs to be seen) and Williams. Whatever may be the reasons this if great going by the FI guys.

Kimi is turning into my bet for the season. RB sadly did well - they may not be winning fans but sure know how to win races.

DC interviews are interesting. He got Vettel to tell a bit about his lucky charms. Hope the podium winners treat him with respect. He would have done much better in F1 if he had a smaller frame.
Old 22nd April 2013, 14:33   #43
Senior - BHPian

After all that whining from Red Bull on tire degradation, Seb couldnt stop smiling in a race where he was pushing flat out from Lap 1.

Real shame about both Ferrari's. P2 was there for the taking.
The camera's actually picked up the open DRS wing 2 laps late, I was already cursing away knowing it would mean a pitstop and no more DRS.

Overtaking and driver fighting was great to watch.. edge of the seat stuff.
Old 22nd April 2013, 14:48   #44
BANNED

Exciting race. My heart goes out the Alonso - the DRS failure just 'fixed' his race. So even the prancing horse can suffer from Gremlins!
Old 22nd April 2013, 17:44   #45
Team-BHP Support

In this age of team orders and pre-race agreements, it was refreshing to hear Martin Whitmarsh's comments on Button and Perez on-the-edge driving yesterday. Nice!
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks