Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2013, 10:40   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2013 - Grand Prix De Monaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by asr245 View Post
Kimi's run back to points was fabulous. They should have shown that part of the race instead of a non-existing fight for 7-8-9.
Kimi caught everyone by surprise when he finished 10th while everyone was looking for Hulkenberg to come after DiResta finished 9th. Commentators were also surprised with Kimi's progress and the Live Timing was also not very accurate at that point. Live Timing updated Kimi's position to 10 only after he finished the race, though he finished 6 seconds ahead of Hulkenberg and the overtaking was not in the last couple of corners.
Old 27th May 2013, 10:42   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by polopm View Post
You should be closing your gates and not leave it open till the last moment. Also a stark reminder for the former world champions to deal with Perez/Maldanado et al carefully.
I agree with you, and that is what exactly Kimi did. He took a defensive line towards the harbor chicane. See the two photos I posted in the previous post. In the move Perez made against Alonso he got his car alongside well before the braking point.

In Kimi's maneuver, the problem was he committed for ever closing gap and there was no way he could back off other than run in to him.

I remember quite a similar move he pulled against Hamilton last season in Japanese GP. First time he out braked Hamilton and got the place. But when he tried the same move again, Hamilton was taking a much defensive line. He went for the outside line, but overcooked and spun.
Old 27th May 2013, 10:52   #78
BHPian

It was a bizarre incident that happened between Kimi and Sergio. In that collision, as far as from what i saw - it was Sergio who had suffered more damage. I could see parts of the front wing flying all over the place. May be Kimi had damaged his rear, but that looked minimal though. After a lap, Sergio was asked to retreat due to the impact and Kimi just carried all the way long and dragged his car to the top 10. I think that was impressive, but it was Sergio's move that spurred the collision. Which later Kimi referred to as "Sergio's stupid move" ! That's like our good old Kimi.

Last edited by Manzone799 : 27th May 2013 at 11:21.
Old 27th May 2013, 12:10   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
Kimi caught everyone by surprise when he finished 10th while everyone was looking for Hulkenberg to come after DiResta finished 9th. Commentators were also surprised with Kimi's progress and the Live Timing was also not very accurate at that point. Live Timing updated Kimi's position to 10 only after he finished the race, though he finished 6 seconds ahead of Hulkenberg and the overtaking was not in the last couple of corners.
Indeed!
I was extremely surprised when the commentators mentioned he finished 10th. When he went into the pits at the closing phases I thought to myself, Bah! there goes the streak.
I think this goes to show how good kimi can be if he really wants to, granted he had fresher tyres than the rest of the field. I was especially happy because that also meant Sauber, one of FIs competitor, once again out of the points .
Old 27th May 2013, 12:13   #80
Senior - BHPian

Incident packed Monaco GP, except for the 2 SC and the red flag there was nothing exciting during the race. It was a simple Monaco procession!

Rosberg did a brilliant job for the win, it was a real surprise to see the Mercedes doing a great job with the tyres. Hamilton got really unlucky to miss the podium.

Sad to see the El Matador giving up his race, if he was given a choice he would have parked his Ferrari back in the garage and left Monaco. The Ferrari was really struggling for pace and the way he opened the door for other Sutil & Button was a pity to watch. Massa, I dont know why Ferrari want to keep him. He did more bad than good for Ferrari, he could have saved some bucks for Ferrari if he got the car home in one piece. A waste of space in such an expensive seat!

It was a treat to hear Button whining on the radio, he is unable to handle his teammate's insane stupidity. I am surprised why FIA didnt investigate Perez in the race, he forced Kimi off the track couple of times and his final move to spoil Kimi's race was total retard!

I am glad the snooze fest is over and look forward to CanadianGP!
Old 27th May 2013, 12:28   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Incident packed Monaco GP, except for the 2 SC and the red flag there was nothing exciting during the race. It was a simple Monaco procession!

Rosberg did a brilliant job for the win, it was a real surprise to see the Mercedes doing a great job with the tyres. Hamilton got really unlucky to miss the podium.
I Think Hamilton took the last pit stop at the wrong time and his re-entry into the track was at a strategically wrong time/position. That cost him the podium. He must be ruing his decision (or team's decision). Especially as Nico finished top. But, the race was definitely laden with controversies all over.
Old 27th May 2013, 12:33   #82
Senior - BHPian

Mercedes had to pit when the SC was out as most front runners had finished their stop. Hamilton was unlucky as both Mercedes cars had to come in at the same time and he lost position to the Bulls!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manzone799 View Post
I Think Hamilton took the last pit stop at the wrong time and his re-entry into the track was at a strategically wrong time/position. That cost him the podium. He must be ruing his decision (or team's decision). Especially as Nico finished top. But, the race was definitely laden with controversies all over.
Old 27th May 2013, 12:40   #83
BHPian

what a race to miss for a SFI fan! Anyone have any clips of Sutil's overtakes?
44 points for them. Possibility of chasing Mercedes, atleast to a threatening level? I surely hope so
Old 27th May 2013, 12:51   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Mercedes had to pit when the SC was out as most front runners had finished their stop. Hamilton was unlucky as both Mercedes cars had to come in at the same time and he lost position to the Bulls!
You are right. However, Hamilton pitted at a much longer delay after Rosberg didn't he?
I was viewing SKYs post race stream after the race. They had a different viewpoint. According to them, and the video showed, Hamilton was going slower than was optimal and Brundles opinion was that had he been quicker and Merc double stacked at the pits Hamilton would have come out in front.
I will need to watch it again to be sure though..

EDIT: Now that I think about it if Hamilton was going too slow during SC He would have been penalised for the same. I think there is a rule that limits top speed and slowest allowed speed as well. I'm confused now >.<

Last edited by Maky : 27th May 2013 at 12:57.
Old 27th May 2013, 16:57   #85
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Monaco is interesting only in the Rains.

Kimi did really well to get to 10th.

But this race helped Vettel the most.

Rosberg for once drove as he should.

Hamilton too played his part.

Massa - Is this the start of the end. He seemed to loose concentration.
Old 27th May 2013, 19:33   #86
Senior - BHPian

Kimi doing what he does best.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/22675026
vikram_d is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th May 2013, 21:44   #87
Senior - BHPian

Interesting development at Ferrari!

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/107732
Old 28th May 2013, 00:01   #88
Senior - BHPian

Great race by Nico Rosberg who was able to control the pace from start to finish. Monaco being a tough place to overtake aided him in the podium too along with some quick strategy by Merc to bring him in during the safety car period.

Monaco is hard to overtake at? Well try telling that to Sergio Perez who kept the world champions on the straight and narrow. He seemed to pick up overtaking opportunities when no one else seemed to have them. Granted that some of them were ambitious, however this upstart might be someone to watch.

Drive on,
Shibu.
Old 28th May 2013, 10:44   #89
BHPian

In case any of you missed Sutil's brave overtaking, here is the link for you:

Alonso was caught blind and there was nothing that he could do. I think both Sutil and Di Resta are doing a phenomenal job for Force India. Credit also goes to the pit crew & engineers who have made an incredible machine with limited resources!
Manzone799 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2013, 21:01   #90
Senior - BHPian

^^ There was nothing brave about Sutil's move on Alonso.
Alonso left the door wide open and Sutil passed by.

I think Alonso lost motivation after he had to return the place to 'mental' Perez. Massa must be getting possessed by some other worldly being at the exactly the same corner. They should name those barriers after him.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks