Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2013, 17:28   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2013 - Indian Grand Prix @ Buddh International Circuit

And a deserved world champion at that. Put on quite a show too at the end, not something you see in the super sanitized world of F1 today. Special mention for Grosjean, great race for him.

And now that Redbull & Vettel have won the 2013 championship on a canter, March 2014 cannot come any quicker!
Old 27th October 2013, 19:41   #62
Senior - BHPian

Interesting race where all 4 former world champions were over-shadowed by amazing performances from their team mates today.

Great race from Grosjean! He has really matured into to a front runner and shown great skill in successfully tyre management by doing a 1 stop without having to compromise on race pace. It gets even more commendable considering he started at P17.

Really immature move from Kimi in the end trying to defend his position when Grosjean was much faster than him. Good presence of mind from Romain to ensure Kimi didn't take out both the Lotuses. In hindsight, Lotus should have pitted Kimi around lap 48 for medium and he could have still caught up with Hulk, Hamilton and Perez and wouldn't have had the risk of defending position from Grosjean. 53 laps is too much to expect out of a single set!

Unlucky day for Webber and Alonso.

Massa, Perez and Hulkenberg proved why they should be hired for next season.

Wish Lotus was a little closer to Merc and Ferarri in standings. Would be nice to have another strong performance from both Lotuses next week to make last 2 races have a decent battle for 2/3/4 in constructors with all 6 drivers capable of good performances.

Loved the donuts from Vettel at the end. GRO and ROS lifting VET on their shoulders was also a nice moment to watch.

Last edited by zenren : 27th October 2013 at 19:46.
Old 27th October 2013, 21:35   #63
Senior - BHPian

Did anyone miss this?

anachronix is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2013, 21:41   #64
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Did i just hear the Kimi Rant.? Iceman is pissed off with his younger team mate out-doing him consecutively.

Wow Vettel. Just wow to his yet another WDC and he finished it off in Style. Congratulations to the champion and the superb team Red Bull Racing.

Fantastic to see Force India get some points and more importantly Grosjean, Perez and Massa out perform their seniors.

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 27th October 2013 at 21:46.
Old 28th October 2013, 00:27   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM

Did i just hear the Kimi Rant.? Iceman is pissed off with his younger team mate out-doing him consecutively.
Far from that.

It seems whole Lotus team has ganged up against Kimi at the moment except for his race engineer Mark Slade and mechanics. Ever since Ferrari announced Kimi's signing, there has been a drastic change in relation from Lotus towards Kimi. Lotus doesn't want Kimi to score more points simply because they can avoid paying him the points bonus. All the focus has been turned towards Grosjean obviously, so there isn't much in the comparison.

Last thing one would want to hear is a team official mouthing obscene language at their driver during a live race. Lotus team has lost huge amount of respect today.

Last edited by SilentEngine : 28th October 2013 at 00:28.
SilentEngine is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 28th October 2013, 01:18   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post

Loved the donuts from Vettel at the end. GRO and ROS lifting VET on their shoulders was also a nice moment to watch.
Well, As much it was awesome to watch, FIA have penalized red bull for not instructing vettel to follow the procedure.

Vettel reprimanded over donuts, The German, though, was ultimately handed a reprimand while Red Bull were fined 25,000 euros

http://www.planetf1.com/driver/18227...ed-over-donuts

-Sajan
sajands is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2013, 02:42   #67
BHPian

Just finished a re-run of the whole race from the recording.

It's a shame the F1 circus won't return in 2014.

Grosjean,to me,was the driver of the day easily and Perez pulled off a stunner over Kimi and Hamilton. That was fabulous to watch.

As far as Kimi is concerned , well, Good luck Fernando Alonso for 2014
Old 28th October 2013, 05:42   #68
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
Well, As much it was awesome to watch, FIA have penalized red bull for not instructing vettel to follow the procedure. Vettel reprimanded over donuts, The German, though, was ultimately handed a reprimand while Red Bull were fined 25,000 euros http://www.planetf1.com/driver/18227...ed-over-donuts -Sajan

Stupid Killjoys! What's wrong with a few donuts on a controlled racetrack environment in celebration of a great milestone not to mention sheer spectator joy?

Great race, great win and very sad that scummy politics has put paid to F1 in India at least for 2014.
shankar.balan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th October 2013, 08:48   #69
BHPian

Talking of infinite things..

2013 - Indian Grand Prix @ Buddh International Circuit-image2849781208.jpg
sa_kiran is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2013, 08:53   #70
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
Far from that.

It seems whole Lotus team has ganged up against Kimi at the moment except for his race engineer Mark Slade and mechanics. Ever since Ferrari announced Kimi's signing, there has been a drastic change in relation from Lotus towards Kimi. Lotus doesn't want Kimi to score more points simply because they can avoid paying him the points bonus. All the focus has been turned towards Grosjean obviously, so there isn't much in the comparison.

Last thing one would want to hear is a team official mouthing obscene language at their driver during a live race. Lotus team has lost huge amount of respect today.

Exactly the case! I agree Lotus is unprofessional, and there seems to be obvious hostility towards him. Preference towards Grosjean would not be surprising since Eric Boullier is his manager too.

What I wonder is whether Kimi's points cost Lotus more than what they earn from that point.

Also, I agree Alan Permane that it was Kimi's fault. Yes the team are screwing him over but Grosjean totally had that corner. Kimi gets a lot of slack just because he's Kimi. I remember in China he rammed right into Perez and asked what the hell Perez was doing as if it was his fault -- that was a clear Kimi fault but it's difficult for Kimi to take blame simply because of his massive ego.

Lastly, I just find it amusing how Webber's car breaks down again. There has got to be neglect on his side of the garage.

Last edited by D33-PAC : 28th October 2013 at 08:56.
D33-PAC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2013, 09:56   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D33-PAC View Post
Lastly, I just find it amusing how Webber's car breaks down again. There has got to be neglect on his side of the garage.
It has always been a mystery why his car has all the bad luck and Vettel just cruises away race after race.

A part of me feels that Vettel owes a lot of his suceess to Webber. He has co-operated a lot with the team and helping Vettel win by allowing him to pass or holding the other cars behind him in few races. Wonder what would have happened if both were driving cars with same performance and Webber had decided to go rogue.
Old 28th October 2013, 10:25   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D33-PAC

Exactly the case! I agree Lotus is unprofessional, and there seems to be obvious hostility towards him. Preference towards Grosjean would not be surprising since Eric Boullier is his manager too.

What I wonder is whether Kimi's points cost Lotus more than what they earn from that point.

Also, I agree Alan Permane that it was Kimi's fault. Yes the team are screwing him over but Grosjean totally had that corner. Kimi gets a lot of slack just because he's Kimi. I remember in China he rammed right into Perez and asked what the hell Perez was doing as if it was his fault -- that was a clear Kimi fault but it's difficult for Kimi to take blame simply because of his massive ego.
Nobody has any issue with preference to grosjean. But it's their immaturity to handle a star driver leaving them, and they are acting like bad losers.

Drivers/team mates come close to each other lot of times, but that's what racing is all about.

Have you heard Ron Dennis, Christian Horner or anybody for that matter come on radio and yell at their driver as if he is not wanted? I haven't. Even McLaren were much more graceful during 2007.
Old 28th October 2013, 11:09   #73
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the crown Vettel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Did anyone miss this?
Maybe Kimi was wrong there. But that is not the language to be used against a driver. Shame on Lotus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
Well, As much it was awesome to watch, FIA have penalized red bull for not instructing vettel to follow the procedure.
FIA behaving like a nanny! Sad!

It was not all bitter though! Vettel threw his gloves in to the crowd after the donuts and a lucky fan got it. Talk about luck!
Old 28th October 2013, 11:13   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

Although I despise Kimi for having made the unforgivable switch(Silver to red), That statement from the pit to Kimi still made me cringe.
I mean, yeah, you DO expect some color in the statements from the driver to the pit occassionally, but never the other way around. Not friends anymore? C'mon.
He, basically, was the guy footing the expense bills grosjean was running up crashing the lotus around not too long ago.

Not done, lotus.
Old 28th October 2013, 11:44   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Although I despise Kimi for having made the unforgivable switch(Silver to red), That statement from the pit to Kimi still made me cringe.
I mean, yeah, you DO expect some color in the statements from the driver to the pit occassionally, but never the other way around. Not friends anymore? C'mon.
He, basically, was the guy footing the expense bills grosjean was running up crashing the lotus around not too long ago.

Not done, lotus.
If there is a remote chance that Kimi can finish ahead of Alonso in the drivers standings, that could make it interesting as to who gets the black band and who gets the yellow band above the cockpit next year. I'm sure Kimi will give his best shot at #2, which is certainly within grasp given the surge in form of Lotus and pathetic form of Ferrari. During Grosjean's move, Kimi was in #3 with a projected 15 points gain on Alonso instead of the 6 he ended up getting. Gaining 15 more points in 3 races was certainly a realistic target for him.

Also, there was no way Grosjean was going to challenge Rosberg and #3 was the maximum they could've got. More interesting thing to note here is that Kimi didn't give any resistance to Rosberg when he overtook. Looks like there is a lot of untold politics happening in Lotus camp after Kimi publicly said he was not paid on time, or the internal politics might have been the reason Kimi went public.

Last edited by zenren : 28th October 2013 at 11:54.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks