Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2014, 21:22   #46

Re: 2014 Bahrain Grand Prix - Race thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
Stupid Star Sports. I paid for the HD pack for the sole reason of watching F1 and this is what we get. Stupid stupid people :
Same here! Something else going on there. So i have to watch it on Star Sports 4.

Awesome driving my Hamilton and Rosberg on lap 19!
Bottas and Massa doing a fantastic job, early pit stop gave them a tactical advantage. And same goes for our Force India drivers Hulkenberg and Perez!
Bad driving from Bianchi. Sutil had to pay the price, his second retirement for the season.
Alonso and Kimi need to get more aggressive now. Come on Prancing Horse!
Old 6th April 2014, 21:27   #47
BHPian

McLaren MP4/4 all over again with Senna/Prost 2.0
Old 6th April 2014, 21:58   #48

Bad accident there on Lap 41! Maldonado came out of the pits and hit Gutierrez, who spins in the air and is incredibly lucky to land on his wheels. Thankfully Gutierrez looks to be unhurt.
Perez on 3rd and Hulkenberg at 4th place, doing a fantastic job!!!
Alonso and Raikkonen down at 10th and 11th place.
10 laps to go and Mercedes tells their drivers (Hamilton at 1st place and Rosberg at 2nd) that they are free to race, Paddy Lowe on the radio and asks Hamilton to "just make sure we bring the cars home."
Old 6th April 2014, 22:05   #49

2 Mercedes at the front of the race followed by 2 Force Indians, 2 Red Bulls and 2 Williams!! Awesome 900th Grand Prix!
Lap 50 and 51, great race between Vettel and Ricciardo and another battle between Hamilton and Rosberg.
Old 6th April 2014, 22:20   #50

One of the best races in recent history.
Hamilton wins it!! Rosberg finishes 2nd. Force India on the podium as Perez finishes 3rd.
Strong performance from Ricciardo who finishes 4th!
Hulkenberg punching in the air as he finishes 5th.
Great race, just fantastic!
Vettel finishes 6th, Massa 7th, Bottas 8th, Alonso 9th and Kimi taking the last points at 10th.
Strong performance from both the Mercedes drivers. Pure pace advantage these guys have over all the others. Just fantastic!
Also great performance from both Force Indian drivers. What a race!
Shanky_Cobra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2014, 22:25   #51
Senior - BHPian

What a race! Bernie Ecclstone, this is how its supposed to be!
Force India second in constructors!
Merc are in a class of their own and at the same time gave us pure entertainment unlike last few years top team.

EDIT: what's with the interviewers? AC/DC's frontman?nice to see him ,but wondering what's the connection.

Last edited by tharian : 6th April 2014 at 22:29.
Old 6th April 2014, 22:28   #52
BHPian

What a race man. Lewis take a bow dude. It was best dry race from long time. Merc 2-3 secs faster than rest of the teams. That's just shameful for the other teams.

It was sad to see ferraris overtaken so many times by FI's. That really really something.
arun_kun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2014, 22:32   #53
Senior - BHPian

What a brilliant race!!! That gripping from the word go. Fights everywhere!

Hamilton had to work very hard for it. Bahrain is Nico' circuit. And to win here is a BIG statement. And brave on Merc to let them race with so much to lose. And W05 is so bloody fast. After the SLS came in, the pace from the car was blistering. Everyone was flat out, still the Merc put daylight between them and others.

And Maldonaldo should be banned for at least a race. It was very very stupid from him to launch into the side of a car after joining from the pit. Also proves, the new nose as dangerous as its ugly.

And I am so glad for Ricciardo. First haul of points for the cheerful Aussie. And that was a great move to take the place from Vettel.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2014, 22:42   #54
BHPian

2014 Bahrain Grand Prix - Race thread

Wonderful race, got quite interesting after the pace car came in. Looking forward for more competitive GP's like this one.
PS-there is still some loss of connection and involvement because of the new cars, the sound really did play an important role. The new cars sound like electric cars coupled with a blow off valve sound. My dad, a non F1 enthusiast, felt the cars were very slow. May be because of the missing V8 sound.
Akhilash95 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2014, 22:56   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
Stupid Star Sports. I paid for the HD pack for the sole reason of watching F1 and this is what we get. Stupid stupid people :
Me too!

I actually came home very late & just in time to see the cars take off the start line. Pressed Favourites button and hit HD2 but it was showing some men in shorts kicking a ball around! I panicked and quickly went to other Channel Guide and found out it was being broadcast on one of their SD channels. My fault for not checking in advance and as a result I missed first 10 seconds of the race start this way. I thought I had missed the most exciting part of the race, The start usually is...Not this race though! Absolute stunner from start to finish!!!!.
I have not enjoyed an F1 race so much for a very very long time. F1 2014! More races like this please : ))).

Now to see how well I did in our Fantasy League ^_^.
Old 6th April 2014, 22:59   #56
BHPian

Very engaging race. Lots of overtaking and close racing, surely safety car helped to spice up the last 10 laps. Even though I miss the sweet V8 sound of last year, racing action more than makes up for it.
Ross is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2014, 23:00   #57
BHPian

That was an absolutely intense race. Battles up and down the field. One of the best races I have ever seen.

Hamilton vs Rosberg was absolutely insane. There were so many moments when I was literally jumping on my seat. Loved every bit of it.
The most insane thing was the Mercs pace in the last 10 laps after the safety car. They built up 24s in 10 laps while battling each other almost constantly. So, that's 2.4 s a lap. Which is pretty ominous for the rest of the competition.

Perez did an incredible job and so did Ricciardo. Hulkenberg was awesome as well, and is now up to 3rd in the championship.

Disappointing weekend for Ferrari though.

Looking forward to China now..
nipcarlover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2014, 23:44   #58
BANNED

Awesome race by Merc and FI.

I think this could be the best season in years, just by seeing Nico's reaction I can tell things are about to heat up.

Rosberg is usually cool and controlled but he seemed very unsettled and vengeful. I was shocked he admitted he was swearing at Lewis inside the helmet during the overtake.

Whatever happens, everyone else on the grid will be spectators to the bloodbath between Hamilton and Rosberg this year. I simply cannot see any other team even holding a candle in terms of race pace. When the safety car left the Mercs took off like rockets, entirely in a league of their own - the rest of the grid seemed to be moving in slow motion !

Last edited by D33-PAC : 6th April 2014 at 23:45.
D33-PAC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2014, 23:56   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Brilliant race!
And wonderful camaraderie between Nico and Lewis after the race. I was expecting a sullen Nico with a shifty eyed Lewis behind him, but no!
Amazing stuff!!
Old 6th April 2014, 23:56   #60
Senior - BHPian

Best race I've seen in a long time, though I should add that Maldonado's move was the dumbest move I've seen ever. Maldonado should be banned for at least one race. It was much more dangerous move than the Grosjean incident in Spa. Gutierrez should be thanking the safety levels in F1 now.

Great battle between the team mates up and down the field. Fantastic job by Lewis to hold off Rosberg on the softs. It was excellent entertainment anyway.

Force India gets a well deserved podium and ironically, it is Perez who gets ahead of Hulkenberg to get the single spot of limelight for the lesser mortals. Hulk manages another 5-6-7 slot that he is known to somehow manage. They've officially become the leaders of the rest of the pack with 2nd in constructors and 3rd in drivers standings with just Mercedes ahead of them.

I guess Ferrari was the only team where the duo didn't fight each other today! Kimi and Alonso would have been so frustrated and demotivated with every Merc engined car overtaking them as if they were being lapped. They were simply sitting ducks. To add insult, even the RBRs did the same though they had to sweat it out a little to pass the Ferraris. Maranello would have got an idea of where they would end up if they don't get some speed into those cars.

Unfortunate for Button to have his 250th GP end up this way after putting in another strong performance. Kimi's 200th race is coming up in next month and the way Ferrari are performing, he would be lucky to finish in points.

Marussia managed a 13th place with the ever consistent Chilton to keep their 10th place battle with Caterham still alive. He really deserves credit the way he has finished all his races so far.

Last edited by zenren : 6th April 2014 at 23:59.
zenren is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks