Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2006, 20:26   #16
BHPian

when i read information about him quiting i felt it isn't true ... but now that all is clear ... infact i still remember i always supported the men in red ferrari....
a great racing legend behind ... not much have left a mark in the book of the f1 .... the first name that flashes is MS when the F1 rises in the chat...
Old 10th September 2006, 20:30   #17
Team-BHP Support

F1 will never be the same again. The sport without Michael is like a kingdom without its KING. Long live Michael Schumacher.
Wish he could have raced on to the 10th championship and set a record of a 100 wins, but i guess all good things have to come to an end.

manson.
Old 10th September 2006, 20:41   #18
Senior - BHPian

Man he is one hellof a driver.He is so good that lots of people were jealous of him and accused him of being too aggressive at times .Whatever they say i always admired his style of driving.Hope he signs of in style with the drivers championship title.

a small pictorial tribute:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport/5327572.stm
Old 10th September 2006, 20:51   #19
SuperSyn

MS talenst was never in doubt, however he only had second tier team mates to contend with, and most of his wins came with dominant cars. He also reverts to 'cheat mode' when under pressure, like at Monaco this year.

Still, he'll be missed.

Old 10th September 2006, 21:26   #20
BHPian

This is the end of a legend!!! hope he wins his 8th title and retires in style... Either ways he'll always be the best and will be missed by everyone (even those who are against schumi). Like they say- all good things must come to an end
ps: he wasn't good, he is the BEST!!!
Old 10th September 2006, 21:46   #21
Senior - BHPian

Its very sad to hear form Schumi that he is retireing at the end of the season, he is the greatest driver ever for me and no one can equal his achievement in F1. Formula1 will never be same again from next season for me. Hats off to him

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75
Anyone from the MS camp .. wanna join the Robert Kubica fan club ????
He did a great job in just his third race. I think Heiki Kavalainen and Lewis Hamlton(if he joins Mclaren) will also be the drivers to watch out for.

Its a beginning of a new era in F1 now.
Old 10th September 2006, 22:10   #22
Senior - BHPian

Yeah....Kubica and BMW rocked. Wonder where the horsepower of their car was all along..

@Ranjan, from where did u get that info? Post the link/source so we all get to know whats the story. If u alone think like that, please don't use the word 'everyone' in ur post and make unnecessary statements.

Last edited by karthik247 : 10th September 2006 at 22:11.
Old 10th September 2006, 22:50   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson
Wish he could have raced on to the 10th championship and set a record of a 100 wins
Even i was hoping that he stayed back atleast for one more year... at least get to the 100 mark... But..... He is still 90* and can go to 93!!! And yes I cant see anyone getting annnnnnywhere close to his record (i mean one of his numerous many records .......)
He Rocked!
Old 10th September 2006, 22:53   #24
Senior - BHPian

I sorta agree with Ranjan

In the post race conference, when Schumi was talking about his retirement, he seemed very uncomfortable. It didn't seem like he was doing what he wanted to do. So, the obvious inference that I drew was that Ferrari was pushing him to do that. On the other hand, it does not make sense for Ferrari to do that to him considering that he is still winning and winning big! So I am not convinced either ways.

Anyway, I too hope that he wins this title and retires in style. Nothing else will do justice to his contributions to F1.
Old 10th September 2006, 23:04   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadude
In the post race conference, when Schumi was talking about his retirement, he seemed very uncomfortable. It didn't seem like he was doing what he wanted to do. So, the obvious inference that I drew was that Ferrari was pushing him to do that. On the other hand, it does not make sense for Ferrari to do that to him considering that he is still winning and winning big! So I am not convinced either ways.
Hey nothing remotely near to this presumption could have happened... Todt and ferrari had once said that schumi could race in ferrari for as long as he wants... he is demi god in the ferrari paddocks....
Its just that the guy was RETIRING... imagine yaar spending almost all your youth doing something and doing that with all your dedication, energy and everything, and suddenly a day comes when you have to make the decision of calling it quits... surely thats a moment when you arent quite sure whether to go this way or the other... its a really overwhelming moment for any one.... there is no doubt that it was HIS decision and noone else's...

Quote:
Anyway, I too hope that he wins this title and retires in style. Nothing else will do justice to his contributions to F1.
Touch wood
Old 10th September 2006, 23:46   #26
Senior - BHPian

The best driver ever. He broke almost every record that ever was. He retires as a true hero and champion. Ferrari will be most affected. Just hope Raikkonen doesn't carry his poor luck onto Ferrari. Wish him all the luck, and Massa also.

The only challenge ahead is to "literally" retire a world champion. His absence will be felt by everyone - lovers and haters alike.
Old 10th September 2006, 23:53   #27
Senior - BHPian

He was one of the greatest F1 drivers of all time period. I don't think there should be any argument about that. As for Ferrari forcing him to retire, well that's nothing but Bullcrap, Ferrari where they are today owe a lot of it to MS.

He joined them when they were just another mid-pack team & turned them around into World Champions. And for that alone Ferrari could not have done something like that to him.

As for all those people who don't like him, well remember he's a 7-time world champion (hopefully 8!) and that does not come for free. You have to work your bottom off to get there & believe me no amount of contacts or cheating can buy you that.

We'll miss you Michael it's been a pleasure watching you in full-flow. Especially in the wet!!
Old 11th September 2006, 00:16   #28
Senior - BHPian

THIS IS THE DAWN OF A NEW ERA IN FORMULA1. THE 2007 SEASON... AND ITS DEFINITELY NOT GOING TO BE A FERRARI SEASON....LOOKS MORE LIKE THE SEASON OF HONDAS,BMW'S AND TOYOTAS....SINCE MCLAREN ARENT RELIABLE...RENAULT ARE ZERO WITHOUT ALONSO AND FERRARI ARENT A PATCH WITHOUT SCHUMI, THE next season will be the closest we will have in a long time....
But for now with no luck on their side(renault) it looks to be another championship win for schumi.
Old 11th September 2006, 02:00   #29
Senior - BHPian

Love him or hate him, he made me adore Formula 1 at a young age. I have been a reasonably loyal fan of his since the age of five, fourteen years ago, and his raw talent and unmistakable driving will earn him a place in my heart and mind forever.

I sincerely hope he wins another world championship. Either way, his last race will bring a tear to my eye...

Last edited by aniguchisan : 11th September 2006 at 02:02.
Old 11th September 2006, 02:07   #30
Senior - BHPian

With all the pressure during the leaner days of Ferrari's F1 team,i could see the end of the Schumi's F1 reign coming to an end. Although,its no surprise, there's nothing cheerful about it.
There will never ever be another Michael Schumacher.
Amen!

Last edited by nitrous : 11th September 2006 at 02:15.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks