Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2021, 07:10   #46

Re: Formula 1: 2021 Emilia Romagna Grand Prix - Imola (16-18 April 2021)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Sounds like a snarling Wolff.
Might that have something to do with this...?
Attached Thumbnails
Formula 1: 2021 Emilia Romagna Grand Prix - Imola (16-18 April 2021)-screenshot_20210420070719__01.jpg  

Old 20th April 2021, 07:23   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquefreak View Post
Might that have something to do with this...?
After how Merc botched up Russell's first possible win and point score last year, i wonder how Wolff even has the gall to say stuff like this. Ofcourse, it was meant in jest...
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2021, 07:53   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
After how Merc botched up Russell's first possible win and point score last year, i wonder how Wolff even has the gall to say stuff like this. Ofcourse, it was meant in jest...
I doubt any GP could ever beat the sheer drama and politics of the Sakhir 2020.😂
Russel has become everyone's golden boy, and there's no doubt about his level of talent and determination. He was overtaking a Merc in a Williams for god's sake!
He's got to keep his cool if he wants to be worthy of the Merc seat.
Torquefreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2021, 12:48   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
He was doing a good job racing Bottas in a Mercedes with a Williams. But I suspect the later events took the Mercedes seat a bit further away from him. Not the crash, but the subsequent attitude. I think if Hamilton continues in 2022, then Mercedes may not want to risk dealing with "entitled George" in the second seat. But if the car is not head and shoulders above the rest and Bottas underperforms, then they risk losing out on WCC. A real catch-22 for Mercedes.
Interesting observation there. I felt the same too, he seems to be getting ahead of himself.

But looking at bigger picture, what choices do Mercedes have? It's not like they have somebody better available. Eventually they need him to replace Lewis, since Bottas clearly isn't anywhere close to be the lead driver. Other option is to fish someone out from other teams (Norris? Verstappen? Gasly?).

It's still race 2 out of 23 in this season, so i guess this sub plot will keep on playing this year.
SilentEngine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2021, 14:19   #50
Senior - BHPian

Mad race! A well deserved win for Max.

Enough being discussed about the main talking points, wanted to focus on the battle for P3.
McLaren have clearly marked out Ferrari as the team they have to directly compete against. Red Bull/Mercedes are a tad too quick.

The strategy of putting the Softs on for the final stint clearly aimed at getting Ferrari, knowing their top speed is not too threatening to pose a problem when for the final laps.
Old 22nd April 2021, 07:54   #51
BHPian

Great race from neutral F1 fan stand point. After boring Mercedes domination , F1 needs some excitement. Last two races delivered exactly the same for racing fans. This year Lewis has proper fight on his hands.

With respect to Imola :

Lando - was the driver of day by some margin. Made no mistakes , capitalize available opportunities and fantastic defensive driving when Leclerc/Hamilton were trying to pass.
Max - solid race, fantastic start and maintained composure throughout the race apart from an error during restart. Too early to call but I guess he will become new world champion this year. Redbull were usually good at in season development, along with Honda they are competitive right from the season beginning.
Lewis – good recovery drive, after his mistake while overtaking back markers, got the maximum available points.
Leclerc – is he the new Alonso ? who drag his car where it doesn’t belong , fantastic race , little unfortunate due to red flag situation, nevertheless good point hauling for him and Ferrari.

Decent drive from Riccardo , Sainz , Stroll , Gasly and Iceman Kimi.

Poor Souls
Perez & Vettel – What a nightmare. Perez made multiple mistakes and paid huge price for it, hope he can recover soon and delivery when it matters. Vettel couldn’t get any break . Brake issue before start , starting at pit lane, delayed penalty and final nail to his race, gearbox issue. His poor run continues , if he didn’t get results this season , I’m afraid this will be his last in F1 .
Both Valtteri and Russell will not be proud of their respective performances. Hope they perform better in upcoming races and spice up things top end and in mid field.
Old 22nd April 2021, 11:22   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainmaster View Post
Max - solid race, fantastic start and maintained composure throughout the race apart from an error during restart. Too early to call but I guess he will become new world champion this year. Redbull were usually good at in season development, along with Honda they are competitive right from the season beginning.
Reliability is going to be Redbull's Achilles heel this season, I believe Hamilton and Merc got an upper hand in the title fight because of their solid reliability, both from the man and the machine.
Old 22nd April 2021, 11:57   #53
BHPian

It was a fantastic race and cemented some facts further more:

1. Mercedes this year as well like the past, is vastly superior to other contenders which was evident by how easily Hamilton was able to overtake even Norris who was running in P2, if not for that one incident where he went off the track, he would have won this one too, cruising to the chequered flag without breaking any sweat.

2. Palmer's analysis of the Bottas & Russell's crash where Russell was held responsible, in my opinion it was just a racing incident. But interestingly even the F1's official channel couldn't get it's hand on Bottas's onboard camera footage, now this certainly says a lot about Mercedes hold on FIA, collectively also known as MaFIA.

3. Toto Wolff's arrogance in his following statement.
Formula 1: 2021 Emilia Romagna Grand Prix - Imola (16-18 April 2021)-screenshot_20210422114645__01.jpg

Concerned for the Hamilton's 8th WC, he advised the young driver to not even think of overtaking a 'Mercedes' on track in trying to prove himself better than anybody as Bottas isn't trying to prove anything either that too from 5 years now(he is happy to just assist Hamilton to a win, and tow him to pole in every qualifying) So it's safe to say that Bottas would continue to drive in a way that would make Lewis look epic in comparison as he is certainly 'not trying to prove anything'

On a lighter note:

James: Russell it's James, we need a safety car ASAP to assist Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton.

Russell: Yes master! 'kamikaze mode activated'

Wolff: ..but not in my Mercedes you fool!

Last edited by wrongturn : 22nd April 2021 at 12:09.
wrongturn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2021, 13:44   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrongturn View Post
It was a fantastic race and cemented some facts further more:

1. Mercedes this year as well like the past, is vastly superior to other contenders which was evident by how easily Hamilton was able to overtake even Norris who was running in P2, if not for that one incident where he went off the track, he would have won this one too, cruising to the chequered flag without breaking any sweat.
So is winning seven world championships, a superior car is the only requirement.

Last edited by ecenandu : 22nd April 2021 at 13:46.
Old 22nd April 2021, 14:07   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Concerned for the Hamilton's 8th WC, he advised the young driver to not even think of overtaking a 'Mercedes' on track in trying to prove himself better than anybody as Bottas isn't trying to prove anything either that too from 5 years now(he is happy to just assist Hamilton to a win, and tow him to pole in every qualifying) So it's safe to say that Bottas would continue to drive in a way that would make Lewis look epic in comparison as he is certainly 'not trying to prove anything'
After a break Hamilton hater is back. Can you please provide a proof for the bolded statement above.

GTO always says stick to the topic. But you come from nowhere and start your hatred towards a particular driver.

Now back to the topic. I wonder why Sebastian Vettel is still driving a F1 car. He is no match for even Lance Stroll now.

Anyway this race was one which I enjoyed the most in recent years after Istanbul Park 2020.

Wishing 2021 as a season to remember for a wonderful championship fight till 12th December chequered flag.
myavu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2021, 14:35   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

James: Russell it's James, we need a safety car ASAP to assist Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton.

Russell: Yes master! 'kamikaze mode activated'

Wolff: ..but not in my Mercedes you fool!

On an even lighter note:
Sakhir 2020
Toto: We need to mess up Russell's tires!! Get him to the Chopper!"

On a Helium note:
USA circa 1969
This

Last edited by mayankk : 22nd April 2021 at 14:37.
Old 22nd April 2021, 18:27   #57
BHPian

Ahh the usual same old same old. You'll have me blocked from this thread as well.

Guys this is a forum, why do you have to gang up on anyone who generally dislikes Mercedes or Hamilton. And dislike is not the same as Hate. We all like some and dislike some in every sport we follow. Classic example of bullying, much like what's MaFIA is to F1

Everything I've said is in context to this race, it's just my personal opinion I've no intention to offend anyone or any of the sensitive feelings involved.

Is it forbidden to talk about Team Mercedes or Sir Lewis? I haven't said anything about Sir Lewis anyways.

Anyways I wouldn't have said any of this if they would have let us see the T-cam of Bottas and not held poor Russell guilty without fair trial, but instead they decided to leave the F1 fans in frustration just to please the Mercedes fans. We have onboards of Russell, Kimi and every other driver who was nearby, but Bottas no! that's classified. Don't we deserve that?

I've only said, in context of this race:

1. The way Hamilton shot up to P2 from P9 proves that Mercedes as always is way better and faster than the rest and Hamilton may cruise to his 8th WC without much worries.

2. FIA is not releasing the T-cam footage of Bottas which is unfair, and biased. Even the official F1 channel has painted Russell guilty without proper evidence.

3. Wolff's statement again indicates that Bottas is there just to help Hamilton, he is just a faithful second. He as a driver or his team has no intentions to see him becoming a WC. Which is again frustrating as a F1 fan cause that means no competition between team mates, so the two fastest cars on track will not be competing against each other, for yet another year, which is the 5th in a row. The Rosberg Vs Hamilton races were epic, can't even expect anything even like that.

All burden is on Max to drive like a superhuman just to be competitive enough.

Last edited by wrongturn : 22nd April 2021 at 18:56.
Old 22nd April 2021, 20:05   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And dislike is not the same as Hate. We all like some and dislike some in every sport we follow.
You can always have your opinion. To put them there are other threads like https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intl-...chumacher.html (How Lewis Hamilton compares to Michael Schumacher) or https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intl-...nighthood.html (Lewis Hamilton to be awarded a Knighthood) etc.

There is no teaming up or ganging up. Whenever there is a race weekend thread you are always there with your Bottas wingman theory. If Bottas needs to win he should cross the flag first. He and Lewis drive same car. But the driver makes the difference. At Imola Bottas was going backwards in mediums. He was not generating enough heat to the tyres. Same happened with Riccardo as well as Perez.

OT: FIA is Ferrari International Assistance. 2019-2020 the great Ferrari Engine-Gate coverup. Instead of penalizing, FIA allowed them to race in 2020 with approx. 80 hp detuned engine.

I don't have any intention to put OT in this thread but you are forcing me to.
myavu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2021, 21:28   #59
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:

You do realize there is a constructors title to be won. Loosing another car from Mercedes point of view is unacceptable. Toto wolf said that they have to replace Bottas car, eating into their 2021 budget which is running on wafer thin margin due to new budget rules, this he says will have a impact on them getting upgrades later this year, since upgrades cost money in R&D and parts manufacturing.
aim120 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2021, 13:34   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aim120 View Post
You do realize there is a constructors title to be won.
Yes I'm well aware of these facts
But I'm not typing words out of my fantasy imagination. I did my homework before coming out with my opinion, because I knew I'll be cornered out, nothing personal honestly.
Attached Thumbnails
Formula 1: 2021 Emilia Romagna Grand Prix - Imola (16-18 April 2021)-screenshot_20210423133209.jpg  

Last edited by wrongturn : 23rd April 2021 at 13:38.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks