Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2023, 12:16   #106
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hotstar not streaming F1 in 2023 | Where to watch Formula 1?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM Motorsports View Post
I know there is a different thread for Live F1 screening. But since this is active, I would like to share this for F1 enthausiasts from Bombay who dont have F1 access at home. It really sucks that Star Sports & Hotstar have stopped F1 broadcasting. It was fun watching F1 on my 55 inch Panasonic plasma screen.

To watch F1 at home now, I'll have to buy new SMART Tv

I'm still searching for places which have live F1 screening somewhere in central Bombay, but unable to find one.
You can just buy fire stick 4K, instead of a smart tv.
Old 5th March 2023, 13:35   #107
BHPian

Tried out F1 TV yesterday for the first time. I believe the amount we pay is worth it I guess. First off the video quality is amazing with no jitters anywhere. Then comes the multiple camera angles and the ability to switch between them. I loved the exp. of watching F1 with 0 interrupts.
Old 6th March 2023, 11:57   #108
BHPian

Subscribed to F1 TV and downloaded the App.

Cons -

1. The Commentators had no clue what to say in some situation. So I muted it midway. I am going to miss David Croft, Martin Brundle and Anthony Davidson. Though they were a bit biased towards British drivers, but commentary was very good
2. The picture doesn't expand and cover the whole mobile screen. Works fine when casting to TV
3. Casting on TV doesn't work seamless. Stops abruptly and mobile app kept showing as its still casting on TV. Had to restart several times

Pros -

Various options to view and pre-race coverage

Regards
Old 6th March 2023, 12:17   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandrda View Post

Cons -

1. The Commentators had no clue what to say in some situation. So I muted it midway. I am going to miss David Croft, Martin Brundle and Anthony Davidson. Though they were a bit biased towards British drivers, but commentary was very good
2. The picture doesn't expand and cover the whole mobile screen. Works fine when casting to TV
3. Casting on TV doesn't work seamless. Stops abruptly and mobile app kept showing as its still casting on TV. Had to restart several times

Pros -

Various options to view and pre-race coverage

Regards
For your point number 1. use the menu to switch to International coverage and you will get the Crofty and Brundle commentary.
Dippy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2023, 12:22   #110
BHPian

I was able to live stream main race on both TV app as well as mobile app. But per faq, main race live stream only available on single device. I was on a trial period, anybody with annual subscription, able to stream on multi devices?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandrda View Post

Cons -

See below option to switch to Sky commentators. On mobile app, you can select globe icon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvijay View Post
Press the center button and switch to international for Brundle / Crofty commentary.
rx100 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2023, 12:40   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rx100 View Post
I was able to live stream main race on both TV app as well as mobile app. But per faq, main race live stream only available on single device. I was on a trial period, anybody with annual subscription, able to stream on multi devices?
I have an annual subscription. Was able to watch the Bahrain live qualifying session simultaneously on TV (cast from Android phone) and iPad. Tried with the TV & iPad connected to the same network as well as different. Worked in both scenarios. Had planned to test during main race too... but was focused on Alonso instead

I subscribed on 26 Feb. So not sure whether I am on an initial 1 week trial or the clock is already ticking.
Old 6th March 2023, 14:47   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuelInjector View Post
Watched the FP1 today and its amazing.
Not sure how to stop subscription though.
Don't stop it mate, continue watching as there is NO other option (except for maybe glitchy free streams available, not sure).

I thoroughly enjoyed the onboard cams both in quali and the race. With all the added content, F1 TV Pro is worth it.

Also, in case you want to watch the race from the middle or afterward the event, F1 TV Pro does not spoil the outcome (unlike Hotstar which blatantly used to display the winner in the thumbnail )
ds.raikkonen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2023, 15:47   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
For your point number 1. use the menu to switch to International coverage and you will get the Crofty and Brundle commentary.
Quote:
See below option to switch to Sky commentators. On mobile app, you can select globe icon.
Thanks, will explore this option in the next race
Old 6th March 2023, 18:45   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds.raikkonen View Post

Also, in case you want to watch the race from the middle or afterward the event, F1 TV Pro does not spoil the outcome (unlike Hotstar which blatantly used to display the winner in the thumbnail )
This was one of my biggest pet peeve with Hotstar. I was trying hard to stay away from Twitter feeds and all other related sites till I am able to watch re telecast, and somehow Hotstar displays the podium photo as thumbnail.

Later I used to asked my wife to start the re-telecast for me to avoid the thumbnail
Old 6th March 2023, 21:22   #115
BHPian

Waited for the first race to be over to get the subscription. With the results, it's very clear that its a Bull run this year too and any action will be for 3-4-5th places, decided to put of the subscription and watch race highlights on YT.

Last edited by AJITHAAA : 6th March 2023 at 21:27.
AJITHAAA is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2023, 21:44   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvijay View Post
Press the center button and switch to international for Brundle / Crofty commentary.

Vijay
Can we get the Brundle / Crofty commentary on the F1 TV App in the Fire Stick? (I could not get any option for the same)

Would appreciate any pointers. Thanks.
Old 7th March 2023, 10:46   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anand_roy View Post
Can we get the Brundle / Crofty commentary on the F1 TV App in the Fire Stick? (I could not get any option for the same)

Would appreciate any pointers. Thanks.
Yes. its possible. Click the center button and then scroll down to 'INternational coverage'. Its the same video as F1 live but with commentray from Martin/David.
FuelInjector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2023, 10:57   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Later I used to asked my wife to start the re-telecast for me to avoid the thumbnail
I used do exactly the same thing if my wife was around during the race, she found it quite amusing

What's more, had to wait for an hour or so until the Race Replay was made available on Hotstar. So for late races which end around 2130-2200, the replay would be made available around 2300! Still, at least it was at no extra cost. Times are changing so quickly, still remember Star Sports and Steve Slater/Alex Yoong/Paula Malai Ali pre-race and race broadcasts which used to be the ONLY source back then

Last edited by ds.raikkonen : 7th March 2023 at 11:07.
Old 7th March 2023, 11:12   #119
Senior - BHPian

For those with Android TV's even though the F1 TV app doesn't show on the play store, side load the apk and it works seamlessly.

Thoroughly enjoyed the coverage which made me realise how basic Hotstar was. Don't think I can go back now ! Kept switching to the in car feed of drivers during battles and listening to their radio exchange.
Old 8th March 2023, 14:44   #120
BHPian

Has anyone subscribed to F1 TV 7 day free trial via Amazon Fire TV Stick app store? If yes, any idea how it can be cancelled? Don't see any option on mobile app or on laptop.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks