Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2023, 15:55   #121
BHPian

Re: Hotstar not streaming F1 in 2023 | Where to watch Formula 1?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet_Rider View Post
Has anyone subscribed to F1 TV 7 day free trial via Amazon Fire TV Stick app store? If yes, any idea how it can be cancelled? Don't see any option on mobile app or on laptop.
I subscribed to the trial period using iOS app, and my cancellation was processed through Apple payment and not through F1 TV app. See what payment mode you opted while subscribing for trial period and check cancellation is possible through that payment mode.
rx100 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2023, 17:17   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet_Rider View Post
Has anyone subscribed to F1 TV 7 day free trial via Amazon Fire TV Stick app store? If yes, any idea how it can be cancelled? Don't see any option on mobile app or on laptop.
You will have to cancel this via your Amazon account and not via F1 TV app. The message on this comes when you take the free trial via Fire TV Stick.

1. Go to amazon.in and log in to your account.
2. Click on Account & Lists (top right corner on website)
3. Select Memberships & Subscriptions

Under this menu, you'll be able to see the F1 TV subscription.
krishnakumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2023, 19:59   #123
BHPian

OT: Disney+Hotstar has cut its ties with HBO. This will result in a loss of HBO content in Hotstar.https://www.ndtv.com/offbeat/disney-...-3843802/amp/1
Old 8th March 2023, 22:37   #124
AZT
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by corvus corax View Post
OT: Disney+Hotstar has cut its ties with HBO. This will result in a loss of HBO content in Hotstar.https://www.ndtv.com/offbeat/disney-...-3843802/amp/1
Came here to post exactly this Haha. The final nail in the coffin will be if they ever stop streaming the EPL. India hasn't reached a stage where people will pay for so many separate apps and this will just push people back to piracy.
Old 8th March 2023, 22:58   #125
BHPian

After knowing it very lately on Saturday 8:30pm that Hot Start and Star Sports is not broadcasting F1, I did a google search and found that F1 TV Pro is the only option to view in India. Immediately Re-installed the app from i cloud and tried subscribing but it didn't worked and missed first qualifying of this season. Next day I was successful with subscription and able to view qualifying session in mobile app. I always prefer to watch main race in TV with surround system to experience the V6 engine roar (Not so special like V8's). However there comes the spoiler, I try to launch live video through browser in the TV. After logging in into my F1 account, when I click on the live session video it navigated to subscribe page where I have to enter my credentials. After entering credentials I clicked Ok and I'm navigated back to the previous page where live session snapshot was displayed. Tried few times and it goes into loop and frustrated.
I dropped idea to launch from browser and did screen share from my phone for the 1st time, voila it works as expected with satisfying audio experience from surround system.
Let me know if anyone successful launched main race live session using browser from https://f1tv.formula1.com/
Old 8th March 2023, 23:42   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashief View Post
Let me know if anyone successful launched main race live session using browser from https://f1tv.formula1.com/
Since you mentioned tv browser, assuming that you have a smart TV. If you have Fire stick/Android box/Apple TV, F1TV app is available to download and install directly, else you may have to side load the app using the apk file. Watching on F1 TV app would be best option to experience in 4K. Please check earlier posts where it discussed already.
rx100 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2023, 07:35   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rx100 View Post
Since you mentioned tv browser, assuming that you have a smart TV. If you have Fire stick/Android box/Apple TV, F1TV app is available to download and install directly, else you may have to side load the app using the apk file. Watching on F1 TV app would be best option to experience in 4K. Please check earlier posts where it discussed already.
Thanks for your suggestion. Yes it’s Sony Bravia Android Smart TV and 1st thing I tried was to download F1 TV app but there was no result fetched from APP menu. I don’t have a fire stick. Will go through earlier posts to find a feasible solution.
Old 9th March 2023, 10:06   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your suggestion. Yes it’s Sony Bravia Android Smart TV and 1st thing I tried was to download F1 TV app but there was no result fetched from APP menu...
It does not show in the play store, but you can download the app from apkmirror and side load it onto your TV. This is what I did on my Android TV and it's working very well.
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2023, 10:45   #129
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your suggestion. Yes it’s Sony Bravia Android Smart TV and 1st thing I tried was to download F1 TV app but there was no result fetched from APP menu. I don’t have a fire stick. Will go through earlier posts to find a feasible solution.
Search on google for F1TV Apk, for a link like this. Copy this file in a pendrive and connect it to your TV.

1. Enable unknown source installation in android setting on your tv.
2. Use a file browser on the TV to go to the copied APK and install it.
3. Look for the app in your TV app drawer, and execute., login etc.

For more detailed steps, scroll to the USB section here.
mayankk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th March 2023, 11:11   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Search on google for F1TV Apk, for a link like this. Copy this file in a pendrive and connect it to your TV.

1. Enable unknown source installation in android setting on your tv.
2. Use a file browser on the TV to go to the copied APK and install it.
3. Look for the app in your TV app drawer, and execute., login etc.

For more detailed steps, scroll to the USB section here.
Found an easier method to send files from phone to TV via this app - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...stotv&hl=en_US. Was super easy.
fiat_tarun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2023, 11:43   #131
Senior - BHPian

I did the side load it on one of my TVs. Was a bit complicated, as needed to change orientation to landscape through another app and finally plug in PC keyboard to login!

All the best.
Old 9th March 2023, 14:32   #132
BHPian

Is anybody able to cast from the mobile app to TV using Chromecast? I tried many times, but I am not yet able to do that. I am able to cast my phone screen to the TV (using the Google Home app) and watch the stream, but not able to stream directly from the F1 TV app.

I have an LG TV that is not smart. Is there any other way to cast to TV?
Old 10th March 2023, 15:48   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL01toKA03 View Post
I have an LG TV that is not smart. Is there any other way to cast to TV?
Easiest way is to get a FireTV stick and connect to your TV/projector. It's the simplest solution which also does not cost a lot. I use it with my TV & Projector at home to watch races.
Old 10th March 2023, 16:38   #134
BHPian

I have been following/watching F1 right from Mika Hakkinen days. Starsports and later Hotstar were synonymous with F1 for me. Recently renewed hotstar in time for F1 season and later got to know that the F1 broadcast contract has not been renewed. Have a year's worth subscription and will probably not renew unless there is a compelling use case I find in the remaining days.

For F1, I tried the trial version of F1TV Pro this raceday. Gives some interesting features. At 2499, I think its a tad bit expensive considering its only one sport and that too the season is for around 9-10 months. Trial version did stream the main race on 3 screens at once - TV (app), Phone (app) and Laptop (browser). If we can do a Netflix like subscription sharing, it comes down to a price worth it.

I am not jumping into subscription right away. Will wait for feedback on whether sharing works + how the season is emerging after a couple of races. No point in full price subscription to watch races where best prospect for non redbull cars is 3rd place.
Old 14th March 2023, 16:58   #135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omkar View Post
I'd renewed Hotstar subscription recently just for F1

For those unhappy with the price, here's something that might cheer you up if you are a nerd. With F1 TV Pro subscription, you can watch F1 on Multiviewer.

It's an unofficial viewing app for F1 that you can download for free. You have to login using your F1 TV Pro credentials to watch multiple driver on boards, live timing and telemetry data, etc. Probably one of the best ways to watch F1.

FYI - You need high RAM to watch multiple streams.

Some user images of the Multiviewer app -
Attachment 2421712

Attachment 2421713

Attachment 2421714

Since F1 TV Pro has launched in India, this should work as well. Tried watching the last year's race on this and worked well. Need to see how it works on live stream now.
I absolutely adore Multiviewer and I was so happy we got access to it. I can confirm it works painlessly during live races, that said the Multiviewer stream was a little bit more delayed than F1TV Pro direct feed (for me)

This may be subjective, but not having Crofty as the only option is also a really good perk of the F1TV system.

For anyone wondering if the yearly subscription is worth it, if you're not someone that will watch the archive stuff, then I would suggest sticking with monthly, and cancel it after the season ends.
rdtechy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks