Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2007, 22:39   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
“Since I was a boy I had always wanted to drive for McLaren,” Alonso admitted after the separation had been announced, “but sometimes in life things do not work out. I continue to believe McLaren is a great team. Yes, we have had our ups and downs during the season, which has made it extra-challenging for all of us, and it is not a secret that I never really felt at home.” F.Alonso formula 1, f1, formula one, moto gp, wrc, wsbk, bsb, btcc, nascar, champ car, irl, a1, gt, le mans.

Hes one of the best drivers around. Hey he beat schumi to the championship TWICE. Who could have done that. Hes going to be back as good as ever next season with RENAULT.

De La rosa could well be driving for Mclaren next season.
Back Danny on that. We just had a word about it yesterday. Baleno Power said he might be moving to RedBull or Toyota. But I feel with Renault, he will be back. Plus, Renault too needs a come back.
Old 8th November 2007, 08:52   #32
BHPian

Alonso just had the back luck of getting a wunderkid/teacher's pet teammate on his first year with a new team! Otherwise, he might have scored a third win this year.

There is a very good chance that he will end up back at Renault.

Fisichella might be still at Renault and play the trusty wingman to Alonso again for the 2008 season.

I have a feeling young Kovalainen might jump ship to McLaren.
Old 8th November 2007, 09:29   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zensible View Post
Fisichella might be still at Renault and play the trusty wingman to Alonso again for the 2008 season.
Fisi is gone,i think he will be out of job next season.
Old 8th November 2007, 18:52   #34
Senior - BHPian

FA first choice is probably BMW as they are currently the 'best of the rest'. A seat trade with either Kubica or Nick would be nice.
Old 8th November 2007, 21:07   #35
BHPian

I guess this and next year will be Mclaren's best years and Alonso can bring back Renault to prominance by 2008 or atleast by 2009.

Formula one always runs in cycles. Williams in early nineties, renault in mid nineties,Mclaren in late nineties, ferrari in early-mid 2000's, renault in mid 2000s and now Mclaren. I feel Williams is a sleeping giant now waiting for it's turn.
Old 8th November 2007, 23:43   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
FA first choice is probably BMW as they are currently the 'best of the rest'. A seat trade with either Kubica or Nick would be nice.
BMW has already confirmed their drivers,no chance there.Only options are Redbull and Renault (Spy Scandal Episode 2 can affect this prospect).
Old 9th November 2007, 16:48   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by merve_extreme View Post
BMW has already confirmed their drivers,no chance there.Only options are Redbull and Renault (Spy Scandal Episode 2 can affect this prospect).
well technically coulthard and webber are tied to redbull for 2008. but yes, a redbull seat cannot be ruled out if Alonso has an eye on BMW/Ferrari for 2009. Briatore has made it clear that he would not be interested in a 1-year deal with Alonso.

Now Alonso is playing the good lad by saying that he has no regrets joining Mclaren in the first place and they did put him in a very competitive car. His problems seem to start only when the season gets underway and subsides when it draws to a close.
Old 9th November 2007, 17:03   #38
Senior - BHPian

Mclaren are not taking him back,he has been fired.Redbull looks most likely with Coultard forced to drive a Rosso.
Old 9th November 2007, 22:41   #39
Team-BHP Support

There could be trouble at Renault next year. Heikki Kovalainen has hoped that he'll be given equal status to Alonso (if he joins Renault). H. K. is unwilling to play a #2 role.
f1.racing-live.com
Old 9th November 2007, 22:51   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
There could be trouble at Renault next year. Heikki Kovalainen has hoped that he'll be given equal status to Alonso (if he joins Renault). H. K. is unwilling to play a #2 role.
f1.racing-live.com
Actually they should adopt the Ferrari system where the driver are equal for the first half of the season and the one leading the points becomes #1 driver.
Old 10th November 2007, 15:52   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Actually they should adopt the Ferrari system where the driver are equal for the first half of the season and the one leading the points becomes #1 driver.
While this is a very good system, problems arise when 2 teammates are sitting on almost equal number of points towards the end of the season.
Old 11th December 2007, 14:24   #42
Senior - BHPian

Now he has finally reached Renault

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor-...mclaren-3.html
Old 11th December 2007, 14:49   #43
BHPian

anyone know where ralf is heading if not taking a year out
Old 11th December 2007, 15:49   #44
Senior - BHPian

how did that link change,i thought i put this one
Formula 1 : News RENAULT - F1-Live.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod View Post
anyone know where ralf is heading if not taking a year out
He is most likely going to sit at home next year,even Michael has advised him to take a year out and then think instead of driving a pathetic car.

Last edited by merve_extreme : 11th December 2007 at 15:51.
Old 11th December 2007, 15:52   #45
BHPian

I guess this put an end to the speculation, FA will race for Renault next season according to the headlines on F1.com

The Official Formula 1 Website

The Official Formula 1 Website

Go figure.....

Last edited by Vinaygv : 11th December 2007 at 16:00.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks