Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2008, 19:01   #76
BHPian

I guess Kimi is ging to be back with a punch, last season he was still celebrating his worldd title, but he no longer has it.

Go Kimi GO.

I would have loved to see Aonso in BMW though.

Kimi' Ferrari Vs Hamilton's Merc Vs Alonso's BMW, wow that would have been a spectacle.
Old 17th December 2008, 11:14   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prmd_cochin View Post
I guess Kimi is ging to be back with a punch, last season he was still celebrating his worldd title, but he no longer has it.

Go Kimi GO.

I would have loved to see Aonso in BMW though.

Kimi' Ferrari Vs Hamilton's Merc Vs Alonso's BMW, wow that would have been a spectacle.
You read it here first, FOTA has unanymously agreed to let Renault improve their engine to bring it up to speed. Once Renault improve their engine it would be tested again by FIA to confirm that its within +/-2% of other manfacturers engine, only than the engine would be freezed.

No other manfacturer was allowed the upgrade. Not even Toyota that were complaining about lack of power. As all other manfacturers came within 2% of the max power curve. Only Renault were more than 2% below the avg power curve of F1 car engines.

This means that Alonso's two victories and a podium last season came with a seriously underpowered heart. Now with near equal engines, if they make a similar chassy to last year, expect Alonso to be crowned the champion. Perhaps that would be the only way that Renault continue in F1.
Old 17th December 2008, 22:52   #78
Senior - BHPian

F1 : Indian carmaker to sponsor Ferrari - FERRARI - F1-Live.com
This is great news!

Luca di Montezemolo told Italian media on Wednesday.
"For the first time an Indian brand will appear on the Ferrari," he said. "It's historic."
Old 17th December 2008, 23:23   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
This is great news!

"For the first time an Indian brand will appear on the Ferrari," he said. "It's historic."
I dont want to play spoil sport. But what do TATA gain by such a move ? Whom are they appealing to ? Int'l audience ? They dont have a single product to sell to them !!! Indian audience, well come back and help out some local drivers or introduce TATA offical rallying team for the national rallies and create a precedent that would do tonns of good.
Old 18th December 2008, 08:57   #80
BHPian

TCS is a tata company and it provides support to ferrari and TCS is a world class company also so i think it makes sense for tatas to have a name on ferrari cars.
Old 18th December 2008, 10:14   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I dont want to play spoil sport. But what do TATA gain by such a move ? Whom are they appealing to ? Int'l audience ? They dont have a single product to sell to them !!! Indian audience, well come back and help out some local drivers or introduce TATA offical rallying team for the national rallies and create a precedent that would do tonns of good.
Did you forget by any chance that Tata sell its products not only in India!?

Tata Motos & Tata Consultancy Services have a global presence. Not just that, TCS is one of the software solution provider for Ferrari F1 team.

Tata has already backed an Indian driver to show up in F1!
Old 18th December 2008, 12:38   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Did you forget by any chance that Tata sell its products not only in India!?

Tata Motos & Tata Consultancy Services have a global presence. Not just that, TCS is one of the software solution provider for Ferrari F1 team.

Tata has already backed an Indian driver to show up in F1!
Are you telling me TATA motors sells producst globally. Exporting to ME for transporting Indian labourers is the only known worthwhile exporting they do. And that isnt going to get any help via this Ferrari tieup.

Why are they not in the Indian motor sports? A official TATA team in National rallying will do a lot of good like pulling in other manufacturers and increasing the viewership manifold.
Old 18th December 2008, 12:40   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is great news!

Extremely surprising, but great news none the less.

@prmd_cochin - Of course TATA sells products globally. Why is this news so difficult for you to digest?

Last edited by vikram_d : 18th December 2008 at 12:43.
Old 18th December 2008, 12:51   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
Extremely surprising, but great news none the less.

@prmd_cochin - Of course TATA sells products globally. Why is this news so difficult for you to digest?
Im not trying to be a cynic here. They do export, but they sell a HUGE chunk of them in India. Why are they not present in India and going all the way to Italy to support ferrari F1? Do they seel so much abroad that requires such a ad support for ferrari.

Why is that nobody is asking the same Q as me, imagine the impact TATA can make in Indian motorsports. Maruthi, TATA, Hyundai, Ford all in Indian motorsports.
Old 18th December 2008, 13:22   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Are you telling me TATA motors sells producst globally. Exporting to ME for transporting Indian labourers is the only known worthwhile exporting they do. And that isnt going to get any help via this Ferrari tieup.

Why are they not in the Indian motor sports? A official TATA team in National rallying will do a lot of good like pulling in other manufacturers and increasing the viewership manifold.
Dont be surprised if I tell you that Tata has its sales base in Europe and also has bought Jaguar & Land Rover!

It helps Tata a lot in their International Brand building which is virtually since the acquisition of Jaguar & Land Rover.

I dont understand the sole reason why you want to call Tata to host a Motorsport event here!

Last edited by anachronix : 18th December 2008 at 13:26.
Old 18th December 2008, 13:47   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Dont be surprised if I tell you that Tata has its sales base in Europe and also has bought Jaguar & Land Rover!

It helps Tata a lot in their International Brand building which is virtually since the acquisition of Jaguar & Land Rover.

I dont understand the sole reason why you want to call Tata to host a Motorsport event here!
TATA wont touch Jaguar and Landrover, dare they wudnt. Acquisition of Jaguar and LR was a board room deal, tech is going to come to TATA not the other way around. They could do a lot of good to themselves and motorsport if they participate in rallying as a automobile major than have its sticker on a third party automobile manufacturer.

Its like FIAT sponsoring Yamaha in MotoGP. Wierd.

TATA has sales base in europe and what do they sell there, a hundred UVs a month or year. My point is that TATA doesnt have a quality product (on performance, fit and finish or safety) that can be justified by such an ad on Ferrari.
Old 18th December 2008, 14:03   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My point is that TATA doesnt have a quality product (on performance, fit and finish or safety) that can be justified by such an ad on Ferrari.
The quality of TATA products will absolutely not matter to Ferrari. What will matter is the money they bring in. So it's all about the money.
Old 18th December 2008, 14:14   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
TATA wont touch Jaguar and Landrover, dare they wudnt. Acquisition of Jaguar and LR was a board room deal, tech is going to come to TATA not the other way around.
Why do you think this acquisition happen?
1. Entry into the European market
2. Brand building for Tata since Jaguar & Land Rover are elite models of the Brits
3. Knowledge sharing which would work positively for Tata & its engineers to develop their cars as well!

Quote:
They could do a lot of good to themselves and motorsport if they participate in rallying as a automobile major than have its sticker on a third party automobile manufacturer.
You had quoted that Tata cars suffer Quality, Fit & Finish etc.,. Is it not fair to sort these issues with their cars first before jumping into Motorsport which is a different league.

The Ford/Hyundai/Suzuki who are into Motorsports in India are well established companies who already have reputations in the market. Tata is still building it and I would call it too early if they shift focus on Motorsports long before supplying a Quality car to its commercial population.

Quote:
Its like FIAT sponsoring Yamaha in MotoGP. Wierd..
Whats wrong there. FIAT is an automobile manufacturer who are struggling to come back in market terms. Advertising is a part of their campaign. Whats so wierd about it. Calling it Wierd is an Exaggeration IMO.

Quote:
TATA has sales base in europe and what do they sell there, a hundred UVs a month or year. My point is that TATA doesnt have a quality product (on performance, fit and finish or safety) that can be justified by such an ad on Ferrari.
Tata group has different partnerships with FIAT S.p.A. especially TCS who are managing the IT of the Scuderia Ferrari Team.

Its the brand Tata that is going to be featured in the Red car of 2009.

If you have any specific things to point about the fit & finish of Tata cars here then we are not in the right thread!

Lets stay on the topic about F1 2009! Please.

Last edited by anachronix : 18th December 2008 at 14:15.
Old 18th December 2008, 14:41   #89
BHPian

Quote:
You had quoted that Tata cars suffer Quality, Fit & Finish etc.,. Is it not fair to sort these issues with their cars first before jumping into Motorsport which is a different league.I would call it too early if they shift focus on Motorsports long before supplying a Quality car to its commercial population.
Well let them sort out the quality issues to meet the least demanding Indian custmers and then go advertising in Europe.

Its TCS i just confirmed it, no issues with them doing it though.

F1 2009, my bet is on Kimi, as always. Last year was a blip, this year he would rock.
Old 19th December 2008, 08:56   #90
BHPian

You guys arguing above do realize that it's not just Tata Motors, but the whole Tata Group which will be sponsoring Ferrari. And they all happen to have the same logo as well.

So it's more of a brand building exercise for all their products globally, starting from steel, tea, salt, software etc. and going all the way to cars.

What do you think Mubadala has to gain by sponsoring Ferrari. Or for that matter companies like RBS, Vodafone, ING etc. who have nothing to do with cars or motorsport.

Formula 1 (unfortunately I'd say) is the most elite and expensive form of motor racing on the planet right now, and is the second most watched sport after soccer, so promoting your brand there doesn't hurt.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks