Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2009, 13:48   #226
BHPian

What is every ones view? 2009 cars look better than 2008
To me the front wing looks too fragile and guys would be too careful while trying not to break it due to a contact.
Old 17th February 2009, 18:45   #227
BHPian

I dont think they will be any more careful then the last few years - Yes the wings are broader, but i wouldnt say they are fragile.
Old 17th February 2009, 19:47   #228
BHPian

Bahrain Lap times on Feb 17

1. J. Trulli Toyota TF109 1:33.000
2. K. Räikkönen Ferrari F60 1:33.108 +0.108
3 N. Heidfeld BMW Sauber F1.09 1:33.195 +0.195

All of them seem to be closely matched
Old 17th February 2009, 20:34   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj.barcode View Post

Can you post the source ?? (I hope you dont mind but I was trying to check my websites but couldn't find any updates, would love to know your source)
I guess all the teams are working on their different setups. The final GP run will vary largely against these times.
Old 17th February 2009, 22:14   #230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj.barcode View Post

You can never take these testing laptimes as reference points.

Each team will be running a different program and the laptimes reflect the same. You will see a whole different field order starting from OZ!
Old 18th February 2009, 08:35   #231
BHPian

Quote:
You can never take these testing laptimes as reference points.

Each team will be running a different program and the laptimes reflect the same. You will see a whole different field order starting from OZ!
During preseason testing of 2008, Williams and Redbull were fastest. And in races they were in the lower mid field. My feeling is such teams are doing low fuel runs to get a fast time and may be some publicity.
Old 18th February 2009, 17:37   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rranjith_kum View Post
Can you post the source ?? (I hope you dont mind but I was trying to check my websites but couldn't find any updates, would love to know your source)
I guess all the teams are working on their different setups. The final GP run will vary largely against these times.
The website is F1today.nl it has live feed of testing times and generally all weather data needed for that particular day.Also that laptimes were in the break (at the noon) i missed that point, at the end of the day Kimi went fastest after resolving the glitch regarding KERS

Last edited by raj.barcode : 18th February 2009 at 17:39. Reason: missed out the some data
Old 18th February 2009, 18:01   #233
BHPian

Looks like Virgin are back in the bidding for Honda F1...reports state that at the last minute before the USGP deal Richard Bransons gotten involved.

Would be interesting to see who buys the team eventually and how well the team do after this massive hit.
Old 18th February 2009, 21:54   #234
BANNED

Now it is Glock.
Toyota is really making some move. It was trulli earlier before Kimi passed him to become the fastest. Today at Sakhir, Glock manages to clock the best times ahead of Massa.
Appearantly, both BMW and Ferrari had ran into some problems which helped Glock achieve a lap time of 1:32.498.

Go Toyota Go!
Old 19th February 2009, 04:16   #235
Senior - BHPian

Ferrari is not going to reveal the true potential of the car until Melbourne. So take these times with a pinch of salt - even then they have posted the fastest of all testers at Bahrain.

But this season, with all the rule changes, it's hard to predict the pecking order. I am looking forward to March, with crossed fingers.

FORZA FERRARI !!
Old 19th February 2009, 10:07   #236
BHPian

Sakhir - 18/02/2009

1 . T. Glock - Toyota TF109 - 1:32.492 (+ 0.000 - 132 laps
2 . F. Massa - Ferrari F60 - 1:32.917 (+ 0.425 - 105 laps
3 . N. Heidfeld - BMW Sauber F1.09 - 1:32.993 (+ 0.501 - 82 laps.

Everybody is taking turns for the fastest lap i guess but the fastest of the week has been K. Raikkonen - Ferrari F60 - 1:32.102. I guess everybody has some more left to gain and traditionally Ferrari always run a little slower than their ability
Old 19th February 2009, 18:20   #237
BHPian

Raj - Instead of putting quickest laptime, it might be worth noting that Ferrari are having problems with KERS. Kimis car was in the Pits for almost 3hrs cause of some problem with the system. Looks like ferrari are having a tough time getting the ystem to work reliably...
Old 19th February 2009, 19:52   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir Taheer View Post
Raj - Instead of putting quickest laptime, it might be worth noting that Ferrari are having problems with KERS. Kimis car was in the Pits for almost 3hrs cause of some problem with the system. Looks like ferrari are having a tough time getting the ystem to work reliably...

Yeah !! and Mclaren seems to be comfortable with it !!
A BMW mechanic received a shock and Red bull experienced smoke from the battery
Old 19th February 2009, 20:35   #239
BHPian

I was mearly stating that since Raj has been putting up lap times, it would be nice if he put up additional information too....

And if that was meant to be sarcasim and you've got issues, please offload them onto someone who actually cares... I really dont have the time or the patience for this type of insignificant banter.
Old 19th February 2009, 20:52   #240
Senior - BHPian

Source: AFCA @ AtlasF1

The technicians on the (electronic) problems encountered: ''It's normal that there could be reliability problems when you test experimental components. As far as the electronic problems are concerned: they're really only of secondary importance and don't cause any real worries.''

Translated Q&A with Costa (Gazzetta) :
Q: What's your assessment on the Grand Prix simulation done by Massa ?
Costa: ''The objective was to do a simulation of an entire race with the (same) engine and gearbox, first with Raikkonen, then with Massa.''

Q: The engine keeps up despite the 2,000 km it covered.
Costa: ''The reduction of 1,000 rpm has helped. As for the rest, we've only made two modifications: to the intake trumpets and to the injection nozzles.''

Q: It's been a great day's work...
Costa: ''We've covered 1,700 km in the second week also, the mileage has allowed us to gain a lot of experience.''

Q: And what about the problems you encountered ?
Costa: ''The 15,000 km testlimit and the ban on in-season testing force you to speed up the development and this causes failures.''

Q: You've tried out many types of tyres.
Costa: ''Some were suited to the track and the temperatures, others turned out to be too hard. The tyres that we have partly make up for the loss of aerodynamic downforce imposed by the regulations.''

Q: Happy with the way KERS works ?
Costa: ''It satisfies, it works pretty well. On Tuesday there was a problem related to its life span. The new one has worked well.''

Q: Replacing KERS requires completely new working procedures (it took 4 hours to replace KERS - AFCA)...
Costa: ''We've benefitted from simulating the safety procedures, the same ones that are used with all the hybrid cars. They're precautionary measures that are not necessary in 99% of the cases, but we want to be certain, especially now.''

Q: Will it also be like that during the Grand Prix ?
Costa: ''No, we will have automatic-control systems: when the car enters the box we will know whether everything's fine and whether we can start working on the car.''

Q: We've seen slight changes to the wings.
Costa: ''It's been the first part of the work in anticipation of the Melbourne configuration, which isn't here but will be taken to the tests in Spain.''

Q: What do you make of the criticism of some drivers on the very large front wings ?
Costa: ''It's certainly a wing that's cumbersome and the drivers will have to be careful, especially in the event of overtaking. It could also be vulnerable going over the kerbs and we're fine-tuning the details in order for the car to absorb (the forces) driving over them without being affected by too much damage.''

Q: The anvil wing is gone. Will we see it again ?
Costa: ''Under the new regulations there are various issues as far as the rear of the car is concerned. For now no anvil wing.''

Not much of a worry for Ferrari and if they are trying these experimental solutions then it means the planned activities for the F60 are complete on plan!

Last edited by anachronix : 19th February 2009 at 20:59.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks