Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2009, 20:36   #61
Senior - BHPian

GOD! Please save Massa.

Our prayers are always with you. You will be ok and back. Fingers crossed
Old 27th July 2009, 21:27   #62
BHPian

I wish Massa well & that he makes a complete recovery, he really wears his heart on his sleeve & its sad to see such a thing happen to him...

The penalty doled out to Renault might seem harsh, but it comes in the wake of a fatality, & a severe head injury, within the span of a week due to errant debris (foreign-object-damage ?). For the FIA, or the stewards, to not rule harshly would've not sent the right message irrespective of whether Alonso's wheel did any damage or not.

The sporting regulations do indeed state that "if a driver has serious mechanical difficulties he must leave the track as soon as it is safe to do so". While Alonso might contend that he was in no such situation, that wheel of his could've easily sent another driver to a bed beside Massa. Anyway, in light of the overwhelming negative response to the penalty its likely that it could be reduced. Let's see what new regulations are framed due to what's happened to Surtees & Massa.

P.S. - The image of Massa being extricated out of the crashed F60 is chilling, to say the least, I wonder if he was conscious when it was taken...
Old 27th July 2009, 21:51   #63
Senior - BHPian

I beleive Massa is doing well now. Atleast the Doctor's reports about Massa do suggest so.

But I have my doubts if Massa would be able to race again this season!

autosport.com - F1 News: Doctors reveal Massa left eye damaged

Seeing the accident and the way Massa was taken away, made me think about another deadly incident... none other than the one of Senna! Thank God Massa is safe and recovering now.

BTW! Luca & Stephano are in a discussion to bring in the replacement driver for Massa since he will not be allowed to race for atleast 1 month.

What if Michael is back!?

Last edited by anachronix : 27th July 2009 at 21:54.
Old 27th July 2009, 22:10   #64
Senior - BHPian

Willi Weber, Schumacher's manager has declined a possibility of him racing again. Nico Hulkenberg's name has been doing the rounds of F1, and guess who manages him? None other than Willi Weber. Alonso driving for Ferrari isn't possible, Flav wouldn't allow that. At this point though, safest bet would be Gene or Badoer.

@im_srini: Massa seemed to be conscious when he was taken out of the car. He raised his hand when he was being put into the ambulance. Though it's debatable if he was completely conscious and knew what was going on. Most probably after recovering, he won't remember the incident at all.

Last edited by pranavt : 27th July 2009 at 22:12.
Old 28th July 2009, 01:15   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
Barrichello's spring being spat out of his car wasn't intentional. Check Alonso's pitstop again. You can see a mechanic still working on his Front-right wheel when he's let out of his pitbox. Why did his team not stop him at the end of the pitlane?
Sure it wasnt intentional and so wasn't the action of Renault mechanics. Both were a result of carelessness.

Only difference being that Renault's careless act was out there on camera for the whole world to see and Brawn's carelessness (design/manufacturing flaw) happened either in the factory or inside the garage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
Alonso driving for Ferrari isn't possible, Flav wouldn't allow that. At this point though, safest bet would be Gene or Badoer
Depends on the contract. Alonso's second contract with Renault was written pretty much on his terms.
Old 28th July 2009, 02:11   #66
Senior - BHPian

Great news
autosport.com - F1 News: Full recovery possible for Massa

Quote:
"During the CT-scan we performed we could ascertain that there was an improvement in his condition. We stopped sedation and after that Felipe Massa became capable of making contact."
Quote:
"So in the afternoon we stopped the artificial ventilation of Felipe. As we speak he is sleepy, but he gives adequate answers to the questions we ask him, and he can move his arms and legs spontaneously."
Quote:
Peter Bazso, the hospital's medical director, explained that it was in fact too early to tell if there was any damage because Massa was still unable to open the eye: "We can give no positive neither negative answer to this, because at this stage the vision cannot be examined."

Bazso made it clear however that a full recovery was still entirely possible for the Brazilian.
Quote:
"He spoke, he wanted to know what happened to him. And he had some questions," Altmann revealed. "I would like to say that the family is very happy with the treatment Felipe is receiving here, and there's no question about transfer at the moment."
Old 28th July 2009, 02:46   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Sure it wasnt intentional and so wasn't the action of Renault mechanics. Both were a result of carelessness.

Only difference being that Renault's careless act was out there on camera for the whole world to see and Brawn's carelessness (design/manufacturing flaw) happened either in the factory or inside the garage.

The difference was the mechanics kept quiet even after knowing what they had done. In Brawn's case, they did not know that there was a flaw.
Old 28th July 2009, 03:21   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by URJA View Post
The ban for Renault seems too harsh.
I agree the ban seems to be a bit too harsh, but then Alonso was very very lucky that wheel didnt bounce on to his head.
Especially after the freak accident happened to Massa which was purely coincidental, the teams cant afford to be this careless.
Old 28th July 2009, 09:18   #69
BHPian

Its surprising it took two full days for FIA to order a probe on the Brawn suspension setup. I understand it was a freak accident, but a spring popping-out of the dampener setup isnt freak.

"I lost the whole central damper of the car," Barrichello explained. "It felt a bit strange - the car was moving a bit, vertically, and we suspected that it was starting to go since the beginning of qualifying. Eventually, it went completely on that lap...it felt like I lost a big chunk of ride height because the car was touching the ground and on the TV, from the videos, it looks like that was what went flying into Felipe's head - the whole thing just went bang." (Source: TSN)

Massa has been responding very well to the treatment and is able to move his arms and legs very well - confirms no permanent damage to brain tissue. Though I would love to see him on track very soon, I dont want him to return to the season without 105% recovery. Forza Felipe, We are all with You.
Attached Thumbnails
F1 - Hungarian GP - 2009-forza_massa.jpg  

Old 28th July 2009, 10:42   #70
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Hey, if you have to punish pitstop errors, what about Massa driving away with a part of the fuel rig in Singapore 2008?
Terribly unfair ruling.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Ferrari penalized for this by the stewards handing Massa a drive through penalty for the fuel rig incident?
Old 28th July 2009, 10:57   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Ferrari penalized for this by the stewards handing Massa a drive through penalty for the fuel rig incident?
Yes, Massa was handed over a drive through penalty following the fuel rig incident and the whole thing cost him the drivers championship itself.

Massa, you will be back, the whole team-bhpen's prayers are with you. The whole F1 fans around the globe praying for you.

Cheers!
Old 28th July 2009, 11:42   #72
BHPian

Did anyone find any pictures of Massa's damaged helmet? Would like to see how it looks
Old 28th July 2009, 12:12   #73
Senior - BHPian

Injured Massa

Quote:
Originally Posted by akrish01 View Post
Did anyone find any pictures of Massa's damaged helmet? Would like to see how it looks
here is a pic of injured Massa.

Some viewers might not like it so please click only if you are willing to see a slightly graphic image :
Felipe Massa Crash: Formula 1 Driver Is 'In No Danger' But Eye Injury May Affect His Future - Doctor | World News | Sky News

Last edited by Rehaan : 28th July 2009 at 17:44. Reason: Link to image added instead of hosting it here, so members can choose to see it or not.
Old 28th July 2009, 12:22   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
here is a pic from yesterday's Hindustan Times

Injured Massa
Scary photo man. Wanted massa to win badly last year. cant` forget that last season, last race, last turn. I still believe timo glock slowed down on the exit of the final turn so that hamilton could regain 5th position.

P.S. i don`t know how many know this but timo and lewis are best of friends.
Old 28th July 2009, 13:08   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbas View Post
Scary photo man. Wanted massa to win badly last year. cant` forget that last season, last race, last turn. I still believe timo glock slowed down on the exit of the final turn so that hamilton could regain 5th position.

P.S. i don`t know how many know this but timo and lewis are best of friends.
I too believe that it was nothing but a drama by Timo, shame isn't it?

But sure Massa's time will come

Cheers!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks