Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2009, 19:40   #46
BHPian

This is sweet! I am in Mumbai on Oct 11!! Can't wait to experience this!
Old 5th October 2009, 13:27   #47
Team-BHP Support

Guys, I need a little help with this.

My son (who is 7) and 4 of his friends want to see this. Now I dont have the heart to say no to 5 kids after all they will be the next generation of car enthusiasts and maybe even TBHPians.

Q: what is the best vantage point for kids (kids are about 1.5-2 feet shorter than most of us).

I'd like to find some place reasonably safe where they wont get lost in the crowds. I have enlisted one other father to help chaperone the kids. So we will be 7. 2 adults and 5 kids.

Any advice, help etc.. will be appreciated.

Last edited by navin : 5th October 2009 at 13:34.
Old 5th October 2009, 14:22   #48
BHPian

Hoardings have been put up near the BWSL. Flag-off at 11th October, 2009 at 2 pm from Bandra Reclamation.
Old 5th October 2009, 14:24   #49
Senior - BHPian

So many BHPians and not one contact? Come on, some people are well connected, we all know that.
Old 5th October 2009, 15:01   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Guys, I need a little help with this.
My son (who is 7) and 4 of his friends want to see this. Now I dont have the heart to say no to 5 kids after all they will be the next generation of car enthusiasts and maybe even TBHPians.
Do get a set of ear plugs because an F1 car is unbelievably loud. First time I heard one, I was lost for words. If you get a good vantage point that's near the car, you'll go deaf unless you cover your ears tightly. I guess its ok for adults but four year olds may not enjoy it. So ear plugs for the children is very important. Dunno about your other concerns.
Old 5th October 2009, 16:16   #51
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Do get a set of ear plugs because an F1 car is unbelievably loud. I guess its ok for adults but four year olds may not enjoy it. So ear plugs for the children is very important. Dunno about your other concerns.
I have got ear plugs for all of them as well as the adults. They attenuate the sound about 25db (advertised on the package).

The kids are 7 years old. They are 5 of them (my son and 4 of his friends).

I dont know if the 25db ear plugs will be adequate. My son and I have ear muffs/bands (the big over the ear hearing protection devices which we had bought about 5 years ago in Bahrain for the Bahrain GP) that offer 34db (as advertised on the package) of attenuation.
Old 5th October 2009, 17:01   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have got ear plugs for all of them as well as the adults. They attenuate the sound about 25db (advertised on the package).
I think its enough. You don't want them to be completely deaf to that glorious sound. This should protect the ears from damage but still let everyone revel in the noise. 25 db is adequate though 34 will naturally be more insultating.

Last edited by McLaren Rulez : 5th October 2009 at 17:02.
Old 5th October 2009, 18:13   #53
Senior - BHPian

From the Official Press Release

Name:  Red Bull Speed Link Logo.jpg
Views: 2367
Size:  43.7 KB

Quote:
Giving Mumbai Wings – Celebrating the Spirit of the City
Red Bull Racing to create first-ever Formula One experience in Mumbai

Ace Formula One Driver David Coulthard to drive Red Bull’s Formula One Car
on Mumbai’s Bandra-Worli Sea-Link

Mumbai, 30th September, 2009: Mumbai is set to experience the world of Formula One next month, when it hosts Red Bull Speed Link, the first ever Formula One showcase in India. Celebrating the recently opened Bandra-Worli Sea Link and the spirit of Mumbaikars, Red Bull Speed Link will allow Mumbai to witness an energy charge like never before.

The countdown has started and the stage is set for the event of the year - Red Bull Speed Link. Formula One Driver David Coulthard will race a Red Bull Racing F1 Car down the MSRDC Rajiv Gandhi Bandra – Worli Sea Link, at 2pm on October 11th, 2009.

Red Bull Energy Drink, known worldwide for its association with extreme sports and a growing presence in F1, is bringing its impressive F1 racing car to Mumbai. Red Bull has scheduled an impressive five day line up of events – from a technical assembly of the car, to the firing up of its engine, to showcasing the car around town – in order to bring the glitz and glamour of Formula One to the fans, the Red Bull way. The high point of the activities will be when Red Bull Driver David Coulthard speeds across the Bandra – Worli Sea Link at 320KPH – maybe even doing a few heart-stopping 360 degree spins! As David Coulthard accelerates his Red Bull Racing car down the superbly engineered road, of which Mumbai is so proud, Red Bull will set pulses racing – it will be a thrill, not only for the F1 fans in the city, but also for the thousands of energetic Mumbaikars.

J.W. Marriott is the hospitality partner and will be hosting the Red Bull Racing team on their visit.

Expressing his excitement about his forthcoming visit and F1 drive, David Coulthard said, “I am delighted to be coming to India and I’m looking forward to showing you what the Red Bull Racing Formula One team can do. Red Bull is all about high energy and precision performance. The Sea-Link is going to be challenging and exciting course to drive down on and I’m looking forward to Red Bull Racing giving the city of Mumbai an F1 show like they have never seen before.”

Roads and bridges are arteries of a nation as they obliterate distances and connect people while encouraging economic progress. The Rajiv Gandhi (Bandra-Worli) Sea Link will now join a unique list of international landmarks around the globe that Red Bull Racing have used as platforms to perform innovative F1 Show Runs in order to bring F1 to the fans.

Don’t miss the excitement when Man and Machine tackle it down the arc of Mumbai.

Schedule:

October 7th, 11 am – Assembly of Red Bull Racing Car – J W Marriott, Mumbai

October 8th – Showcasing of Red Bull Racing Car – Inorbit Mall, Malad, Mumbai

October 9th – Showcasing of Red Bull Racing Car – Nirmal Lifestyle, Mulund, Mumbai

October 10th, 12 noon – Engine Fire Up of the Red Bull Racing Car – Paddock, Before Toll Plaza of Bandra - Worli Sealink, Bandra, Mumbai

October 10th, 9 pm – Red Bull Speed Link F1 Party, Enigma, JW Marriott, Juhu, Mumbai

October 11th, 2 pm – Red Bull Speed Link Show Run - Paddock, Before Toll Plaza of Bandra - Worli Sealink, Bandra, Mumbai

Websites:

For additional information on The Red Bull Speed Link & Red Bull Racing please visit the following websites

redbullspeedlink.zapak.com Red Bull Racing
Welcome to Red Bull Photofiles.com Red Bull.com :: Red Bull

Last edited by GTO : 6th October 2009 at 10:37. Reason: No need to put in email addresses
Old 5th October 2009, 18:49   #54
Senior - BHPian

Wow, I wish I could be there. You lucky Mumbai dogs!! Is the car actually going to do 320 Kmph on the sealink? Wouldnt the surface be extremely bumpy?
Old 5th October 2009, 23:37   #55
BHPian

Anyone has any idea how to be part of the event (get the best seats etc etc)?? The website URLs are amazingly skimpy on details!
Old 6th October 2009, 10:03   #56
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
This should protect the ears from damage but still let everyone revel in the noise. 25 db is adequate though 34 will naturally be more insultating.
I know. Audio and ICE is a hobby of mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Wow, I wish I could be there. You lucky Mumbai dogs!! Is the car actually going to do 320 Kmph on the sealink? Wouldnt the surface be extremely bumpy?
I sure hope the Reb Bull team has studied this. I dont think the car will be streched to 320kmph. There is a small "chicane" in the sea link which can be pretty touchy at 320kmph even for an F1 car.

Besides if the current weather (rain and winds) exist on the 11th the whole thing might be called off.

What I do worry about is if Mr. Coulthard is going to drive the entire length of the sea link (from Bandra - where most of the festivities are expected to be) and will take U turn at the Worli end the road condition (pot holes and rubble) at the Worli end might damage the car.
Old 6th October 2009, 10:47   #57
BHPian

Lol

Does anyone know where will be the event televised. I was really looking forward to meeting you guys but looks like no one will be comig for this event.
I have a feeling that some of the members here will get to see all the 5 events so they are not replying here.

btw I do not know how you expect us to reach the Bandra End of the Bridge. The Parking Lot will extend to Bandra and the police would not allow that. So my question is where do I leave my car ?

Last edited by supercars : 6th October 2009 at 11:02.
Old 6th October 2009, 12:31   #58
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I sure hope the Reb Bull team has studied this....
I too hope that they have studied it themselves!

Quote:
....Besides if the current weather (rain and winds) exist on the 11th the whole thing might be called off....
True, if its very rainy / windy.

However, a little (read: a lot of!) rain has not stopped redbull before! The guy is going ridiculously fast in very wet conditions.
Check out this awesome video :

Quote:
....and will take U turn at the Worli end the road condition (pot holes and rubble) at the Worli end might damage the car.
Doubt he will need to go to the end to take a U-turn. He will just spin around mid-way. RWD + hundreds of BHP makes turning radius negligible

Check out how the Aston Martin team did it @ the Bandra side for their event last year :

Video from this thread : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...nt-mumbai.html

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 6th October 2009 at 12:33.
Old 6th October 2009, 15:16   #59
Team-BHP Support

Rehaan that Sao Paola video was fun. If you notice that everytime he was really pushing it the car with squiggle and get squirmy. What surprised me that no one seemed to care. Pedestrians were just going about their own business.

Last edited by navin : 6th October 2009 at 15:21.
Old 6th October 2009, 15:19   #60
Senior - BHPian

They didnt drive the Aston on the Sealink. They did it on the reclaimation stretch. The RedBull will be blasting down the Sea Link. My question is where do spectators view it from?

Most Viewed