Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2009, 11:51   #76
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluge_19 View Post
Alright here comes the shitty part.
Its bad enough that thanks to stupid politics and rules the Sea-link has a dangerous chicane towards the end, as well as joining worli at a 90* angle!! ...and now they are trying to ruin this too.

Though somehow i doubt this 100km/h rule will eventually be enforced or followed.

Also here's one more piece of the events, being shown at Mocha Mojo in Bandra till Saturday.

Made from thousands of cans by some JJ School of Arts students. They must be pretty wired after drinking all that redbull!
Red Bull F1 car @ Bandra Worli Sealink in Mumbai. UPDATE: Report & Videos pg7 onwards-cancar.jpg

cya
R
Old 9th October 2009, 11:52   #77
Senior - BHPian

That looks more like InOrbit Mall at Malad to me
Old 9th October 2009, 12:11   #78
Team-BHP Support

I don't think that's a big problem.

What are they going to do if DC crosses the speed limit? Let them impose a Rs.1,000 overspeeding fine to him. At max they will say cancel the driver's license in India and confiscate the car.

That should be fun. Mumbai traffic police confiscating the F1 car. lol.
Old 9th October 2009, 12:34   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluge_19 View Post
Alright here comes the shitty part.
whats the source of this info?
Old 9th October 2009, 12:36   #80
BHPian

its in nmulund today.Nirmal lifestyles. they gonna fire it up in the evening 6-7pm.
Old 9th October 2009, 12:42   #81
BHPian

@ Vid6639 -- Cops ceasing an F1 car that gonna be something to be seen. But which pot bellied cop would fit inside an F1 car? And even if someone does, all the "pan he is chewing will end up on the rear wing, the air intake or the air scoops!! hehehe. And above all the car would have a suspension melt down!!!.

Man this god forsaken country would never improve. I am proud to be a part of this country but I hate the red tapism, the stupid rules and regulations for no obvious reason and crazy politics that is always seen by the millions with blind eyes and deaf ears.
Old 9th October 2009, 17:04   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron_9191 View Post
@ Vid6639 -- Cops ceasing an F1 car that gonna be something to be seen. But which pot bellied cop would fit inside an F1 car? And even if someone does, all the "pan he is chewing will end up on the rear wing, the air intake or the air scoops!! hehehe. And above all the car would have a suspension melt down!!!.

Man this god forsaken country would never improve. I am proud to be a part of this country but I hate the red tapism, the stupid rules and regulations for no obvious reason and crazy politics that is always seen by the millions with blind eyes and deaf ears.
Totallt agree with you... A 100 km speed limit for an F1 car!! How unfair is that. Isn't the Bandra Worli Sea Link sturdy enough to handle the car travelling at a faster speed?
Old 9th October 2009, 19:48   #83
Senior - BHPian

This I don't understand. They don't impose speedlimits during Speedrun and other such events, which actually has 2 cars racing side-by-side. Someone should show these cops what an F1 car looks like and its capabilities.
Old 9th October 2009, 22:12   #84

Hey,

If you're wondering where exactly to come and watch David Coulthard race on the Sea Link on Oct. 11, look no further.

Just got a maps that illustrates where we can gather. The section is called 'People's Gallery'. (Purple Box in the map)

See you there!

Cheers,
Saahil
Attached Thumbnails
Red Bull F1 car @ Bandra Worli Sealink in Mumbai. UPDATE: Report & Videos pg7 onwards-map.jpg  

Old 10th October 2009, 00:06   #85
BHPian

@saahilk- Thanks for the map. Very useful! I'm definitely there.
Old 10th October 2009, 17:34   #86
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Though somehow i doubt this 100km/h rule will eventually be enforced or followed
Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
I don't think that's a big problem.
Simplest solution : DC, go faster than our speed guns are calibrated to clock I don't believe any of the RTO speedguns can clock a car doing 200+ kph.
Old 10th October 2009, 18:13   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
I heard some Very High exhaust sounds this morning at about 4 am at worli sea face near the sea link. Was like a Formula 1 car. So this means the car is already here, and some recce was done today morning!!
Yes, it was a recce, but not in "THE" car; but a car that came very close.

Also, the car won't hit max speeds because of the danger of hitting and sucking off all the reflectors that divide the lanes. Another reason is that the TV guys don't have good locations to fit cameras perpendicular to the BWSL and at a distance to capture the car doing the entire run. Thus, speed is being reduced to accommodate the compromised camera position. The MMRDA story is all bull.

At night i should be able to post the times from which the sea link will shut and when it will reopen.

No questions please.
Old 10th October 2009, 20:26   #88
Team-BHP Support

1Q : The atom, s2000 or the skyline?

cya
R

PS - As for the "speed limit" that everyone is talking about -- today David Coulthard said "I don't intend on driving in India again, so i think i'm just gonna go flat-out!"

Last edited by Rehaan : 10th October 2009 at 22:00.
Old 10th October 2009, 21:33   #89
Team-BHP Support

Videos of F1 Engine Fire-Up Added!

Check out pg 4 on this thread : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/int-l-...ing-added.html

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 10th October 2009 at 21:35.
Old 11th October 2009, 08:21   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
This I don't understand. They don't impose speedlimits during Speedrun and other such events, which actually has 2 cars racing side-by-side. Someone should show these cops what an F1 car looks like and its capabilities.
Just read an article, which mentioned that DC intends to go flat out!!
This is going to be exciting!

Get set for a Bull run on Sea Link today - dnaindia.com

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks