Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2009, 18:39   #61

Hey,

Here are some really useful Links:

Sebastein Vettel Spoke about the event and sent a message for his Indian Fans!

And so did David Coulthard:

There are some really cool showrun videos on
YouTube - RedBullinIndia's Channel

Last edited by Rehaan : 6th October 2009 at 19:04. Reason: FB link posted again later, hence removed.
Old 6th October 2009, 18:41   #62
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
....If you notice that everytime he was really pushing it the car with squiggle and get squirmy. What surprised me that no one seemed to care. Pedestrians were just going about their own business.
Indeed, it was pretty wiggly!
Very different from the public in bombay, where even a brightly painted car will gather a crowd!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
They didnt drive the Aston on the Sealink. They did it on the reclaimation stretch.
Yep, that event was before the sea-link was completed!

Quote:
The RedBull will be blasting down the Sea Link. My question is where do spectators view it from?

Just spoke to one of the people involved in organizing the events :
  • Sunday October 11th @ 2pm
  • The car will do most of the high-speed stuff on the sea-link and then will do a couple of runs and some spins on the Bandra Reclamation side.
  • ALL viewers will be on the Reclamation side. No viewers will be on the Sea-Link.
  • No passes or entry fees are required for this event.
  • The press will have seating in a special paddock area.

cya
R

EDIT : See the map that has been uploaded in post 84 > http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/int-l-...ml#post1524250

Last edited by Rehaan : 9th October 2009 at 23:32.
Old 6th October 2009, 18:41   #63

Quote:
They didnt drive the Aston on the Sealink. They did it on the reclaimation stretch. The RedBull will be blasting down the Sea Link. My question is where do spectators view it from?
People just need to show up at Bandra Reclamation at 2 PM. No passes or registration required.

Check out the Facebook Page for more details:
Login | Facebook
Old 6th October 2009, 20:43   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercars View Post
Does anyone know where will be the event televised. I was really looking forward to meeting you guys but looks like no one will be comig for this event.
I have a feeling that some of the members here will get to see all the 5 events so they are not replying here.

btw I do not know how you expect us to reach the Bandra End of the Bridge. The Parking Lot will extend to Bandra and the police would not allow that. So my question is where do I leave my car ?
hey you can park your car near Lilavati Hospital. There are many residential buildings there with parking outside. If you know where Candies restaurant is, then it'll be really good. There's lots of parking there. And the sea link is just at a walking distance from there.
Old 7th October 2009, 14:07   #65
Senior - BHPian

I heard some Very High exhaust sounds this morning at about 4 am at worli sea face near the sea link. Was like a Formula 1 car. So this means the car is already here, and some recce was done today morning!!
Old 7th October 2009, 15:25   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
hey you can park your car near Lilavati Hospital. There are many residential buildings there with parking outside. If you know where Candies restaurant is, then it'll be really good. There's lots of parking there. And the sea link is just at a walking distance from there.
They usually tow cars away from the Candies lane these days. If you have a friend staying at reclaimation thats the best thing . Lots of cars parked outside Lilavati but I expect mad crowds though. Its a free thing.
Old 7th October 2009, 23:41   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
I heard some Very High exhaust sounds this morning at about 4 am at worli sea face near the sea link. Was like a Formula 1 car. So this means the car is already here, and some recce was done today morning!!
Hi, yes, it's true some pre-event thing happened today. There's going to be some engine revving on Saturday as well. Heard this from some media person.
Old 8th October 2009, 01:43   #68
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
Hmm, scooby - maybe you heard a bike or the scuderia? S2000? I donno.

The reason i say this is because i saw the f1 car today, and it didn't look like it would have been in running condition last night. See below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cargirl View Post
Hi, yes, it's true some pre-event thing happened today. There's going to be some engine revving on Saturday as well. Heard this from some media person.
Today was the "Assembly of Red Bull racing car" as mentioned in the press release Dippy posted on the last page.

Heres the TBHP report : Red Bull Formula 1 Car, Mumbai : Report with Pics & Video

cya
R
Old 8th October 2009, 11:43   #69
Senior - BHPian

The car is on display today at InOrbit, ill be going there to check it out and click some pics.
Old 8th October 2009, 13:28   #70
BHPian

Lucky Mumbaikars!!! If this were to happen in Bangalore, my god!!! The BBMP would ask Redbull to take a Bar License since BBMP found that it contains .0000001% or alcohol somewhere on the Redbull can, no dancing girls, grid girls or cheer girls if redbull does have them they are raided, looted and god knows what. And to top it all up, "tigers" would come in their funny looking police "Pulsars" and shut down the whole party at 11.30PM sharp.

by the way the venue in Bangalore is on KR Puram hanging bridge, they plan to demolish that using the RedBull F1 car's downforce!!!

Bangalore sucks for everything!!
Old 9th October 2009, 10:25   #71

Alright here comes the shitty part.

Quote:
Racer will have to adhere to sea link’s 100 km/hr limit

Mumbai: Formula One cars are designed to go as fast as 300 kilometres or more per hour, but ace driver David Coulthard won’t burn much rubber when he shows off his speed machine on the Bandra Worli Sea Link on Sunday. “Don’t speed up your car beyond 100 km per hour on the Bandra-Worli sea link. If done, it’s a punishable offence,” Maharashtra State Road Development Corporation (MSRDC), which owns the motorway, has told the British racing car driver.
Coulthard is scheduled to fire up his engine of his F-1 sensation on October 11 between 2 pm and 4 pm.
At present, the maximum speed limit on the link for city drivers is 50 km per hour. It was brought down from the 80 km per hour originally promised for safety considerations in view of factors like the monsoon, sea winds and the new road surface on which unaccustomed drivers may risk skidding.
“The sea link is designed such that we can’t allow anyone to drive faster than 100 km per hour,” said MSRDC MD Satish Gavai. According to Gavai, if Coulthard or anyone exceeds the prescribed speed limit, especially around the curves, the centrifugal force on the car may cause a crash. “The impact could be huge enough to plunge car and driver into the sea, or to hit the bridge cables and endanger the structure,” said Gavai. He said despite appeals to the driving public not to exceed the 50-km speed limit, there have been instances of motorists hitting the divider. The authorities are reportedly planning to monitor Sunday’s event with speed detectors.
Old 9th October 2009, 10:56   #72
BHPian

This is exactly what I was talking about. So its the same in Mumbai too huh???. Man we have stupid laws and regulations always in the wrong places. An F1 car @ 100km/h???? thats pit lane speeds!!!

I think DC should push his RB V10 monster to the limit. Coz by the time our pot bellied scum eating cops start their old stinking jeeps, mopeds and hop into them with their nothing but "lathis" and "whistles" to punish Red Bull for over speeding, DC will be in Scotland.

This make me think one more very important event. India is going to be on the F1 calendar soon. Will we have the curse, misfortune or utter senseless laws that would limit F1 cars to race at not more that 100km/h???? or will there be cops on the circuit with speed guns?? Man our cops and MSDRC or whatever if it says Govt of India it simple means its filled with noobs!!
Old 9th October 2009, 11:01   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluge_19 View Post
now thats quite a laugh. but knowing mumbai cops, they could very well implement it.
what a kill joy.
Old 9th October 2009, 11:12   #74
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
but I expect mad crowds though. Its a free thing.
THat was I was afraid of with kids, they could get lost or hurt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluge_19 View Post
This I dont get. Why?

Itis not that the Red Bull F1 car is a "normal" car and it is not that David Coulthard is an "ordinary" driver. I guess this is bureaucracy at it's best.

It is one thing stopping some 20 something in a modded vRs or Cedia doing 100+ on the sea link but David Coulthard in an F1 car (granted it is an older F1 car but still)? This is an event not a regular drive.

The sea link will be closed for all traffic and I think th authorities can trust David's judgement as to how fast he can go and still be in TOTAL control.
Old 9th October 2009, 11:23   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
THat was I was afraid of with kids, they could get lost or hurt.

This I dont get. Why?

Itis not that the Red Bull F1 car is a "normal" car and it is not that David Coulthard is an "ordinary" driver. I guess this is bureaucracy at it's best.

It is one thing stopping some 20 something in a modded vRs or Cedia doing 100+ on the sea link but David Coulthard in an F1 car (granted it is an older F1 car but still)? This is an event not a regular drive.

The sea link will be closed for all traffic and I think th authorities can trust David's judgement as to how fast he can go and still be in TOTAL control.
Do the authorities even know the ABC of F1? I dont think so. The idea of the whole event is to give the common man and enthusiasts the feel of what an F1 car can do. I admit burst out laughing when I read the 100kph line. I dont understand the logic behind saying the Sealink cannot handle anything beyond a certain speed. I mean cmon we all there must exotics from city blasting across it late night. If the F1 car cant show atleast some of its potential there is no need for an event. Just seeing DC do donuts is not my idea of fun in any way.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks