Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2009, 13:06   #181
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Wow! I never imagined that a Force India win would be debated to this extent. Looking at it as purely a sporting event, they (Force India) deserved the win. Like I said in the first post on Sunday post the race, they have come close to a points finish many times but have been horribly unlucky.

Whether the team is Indian or not has been much debated and perhaps another thread can be started on this as this is no longer relevant to the title of the thread.
Old 2nd September 2009, 13:16   #182
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
Correction. That should have been "does not count as an Indian victory for me".

And I was talking about taking an Indian driver as an under study / test /reserve driver to gain experience. He need not have driven in the races. Come on, Narain was the Face of Indan F1, he should have found a place in the team in a reserve capacity. In what way would he have been inferior to Sutil?
Without Mr Vijay Mallya an "INDIAN" the team FORCE INDIA would have been a distant dream. In all counts its an INDIAN VICTORY

Instead of feeling happy lets not be sadists.

If Narain Karthikeyan was good, he would have found some place in the F1 scene. Why he's not ......? No where in F1 scene as on Date.

I feel this answers any doubts.
Old 2nd September 2009, 13:17   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Ok. I am stupid. Do you have proof to say that the Miss Universe was rigged. Any documentary evidence or anything at all? Or even some evidence about the F1 podium by Force India? Or is it your own rambling and opinion?

I am sure you even doubt the Oscar won by AR Rehman.

Everyone has a right to his or own opinion. I think they deserved to win from what i saw. You think they won because its a conspiracy, live with it. Don't have to impose it on others.

My post about Miss Universe being won was my opinion i didn't say you had to accept it.

The truth is they won, you like it or not. It will go down in history as a first.

How come you know so much about media? Care to enlighten us. I will be thankful.

PS: You will find your calling in another thread - The Moon Landing Conspiracy. You will enjoy your time there.
Dear Spitfire, So, according to you, all for profit companies have Audits. But all for profit sports should not be questioned in your opinion ? You want evidence - spend some time in the real world.
Miss Universe rigged in Venezuela's favour: former Miss Brazil- ET Cetera-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

This is of the very latest beauty pagent. And google and read many other posts and comments and you will realise that you are the exception who believes such contests are not rigged.

Now before you start hollering that you cannot compare a beauty pagent with a technical sport like F1,read this about last years possible rigging. And BTW, it is easier to rig a technical sport because lots can be hidden under technicalities and suddenly you will have contenders blow out an engine, use wrong tyres (oops) or crash etc... Start reading before you spit fire

Reports suggest probe into Formula One race-fixing allegations - Wikinews, the free news source
Old 2nd September 2009, 13:27   #184
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeler_Rebeiro View Post
Dear Spitfire, So, according to you, all for profit companies have Audits. But all for profit sports should not be questioned in your opinion ?
Ok so you don't like it and think these sports are rigged. Then why even bother passing opinions about it. Unless you want to preach about it.

GET REAL you say and then you give me a link of a participants mentor who failed to win. She could have called it rigged if anyone could have won. Why did she enter in the first place then.

Quote:
This is of the very latest beauty pagent. And google and read many other posts and comments and you will realise that you are the exception who believes such contests are not rigged.
So if its on the net its true?

Quote:
Now before you start hollering that you cannot compare a beauty
pagent with a technical sport like F1,read this about last years possible rigging. And BTW, it is easier to rig a technical sport because lots can be hidden under technicalities and suddenly you will have contenders blow out an engine, use wrong tyres (oops) or crash etc... Start reading before you spit fire

Reports suggest probe into Formula One race-fixing allegations - Wikinews, the free news source
LOL. So you think machines are perfect and cannot go wrong unless rigged?
Old 2nd September 2009, 13:28   #185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Ahh.... good enough. Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Without Mr Vijay Mallya an "INDIAN" the team FORCE INDIA would have been a distant dream. In all counts its an INDIAN VICTORY

Instead of feeling happy lets not be sadists.

If Narain Karthikeyan was good, he would have found some place in the F1 scene. Why he's not ......? No where in F1 scene as on Date.

I feel this answers any doubts.
May I suggest that you guys read all my posts in this thread?

@Pavan, if not Narain, there are others.
Old 2nd September 2009, 13:46   #186
BANNED

Why don't we have pit girls for our track days?
Old 2nd September 2009, 13:54   #187
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
We have track days by TBHP?
Old 2nd September 2009, 14:15   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
Whether the team is Indian or not has been much debated and perhaps another thread can be started on this as this is no longer relevant to the title of the thread.
I agree. And let us close the thread on a congratulatory note to Force India for coming a long way in a short time and doing their supporters proud. The naysayers, disbelievers and paranoid androids are free to start another thread to debate the "indianness" of the team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
I'd like to be on the Selection Committee

Last edited by amitoj : 2nd September 2009 at 14:17.
Old 2nd September 2009, 14:19   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
And let us close the thread
And spoil all the fun ? Naah! Lets continue but each one should stick their lips to themselves and not elsewhere. They look ugly down there.
Looks like some of the bird watchers were so busy ogling at girls, they missed the obvious.

Last edited by prince_pervez : 2nd September 2009 at 14:30.
Old 2nd September 2009, 20:38   #190

F O R C E I N D I A made us Indian F1 enthusiasts' proud not only by getting on to the podium but also sticking onto the KERS powered Ferrari of the ICEMAN. That's one bit to even think and they did it in style. Way to go guys...!
Old 3rd September 2009, 02:14   #191
BHPian

[quote=PAVAN KADAM;1462457]

I totally agree with this statement, also i think there are Many More drivers than Karthikieyan in India which have achieved much more than what he did at that young age. example : Armaan Ebrahim, Karun Chandok(they drive for India at A1[now thats an Indian team] and also drove at Formula BMW and Formula Renault) Akhil Kushlani(who is the first Indian to have a place in top 5 in World karting championship and also first Indian to come 3rd in Formula BMW,he is speculated to be the best of the young because of his achievements)
>you guys can Google and check for your self about these drivers if you dont believe me.

What iam trying to say is just that the Indian Formula1 scene does not just Start and End with Narian Karthikeyan. I think his time to shine is over, the young Indian Drivers should get into Force India !
Old 3rd September 2009, 14:04   #192
BHPian

Congrats FI

Excellent turn of form for FI. Their aero package is superb. Of the remaining races I see them doing really well at Suzuka.
Old 4th September 2009, 08:07   #193
BHPian

Balbir Singh

Vijay Mallya isn't the only Indian in the Force India team. They also have Balbir Singh, who was Michael Schumacher's ex-trainer and joined Force India last year as Fisichella's trainer. I think we should also give him some credit for Fisichella and Force India's podium.

Force India - Schumacher's magic goes to work at Force India

Motorsport.com: Photos channel

The Official Formula 1 Website
(penultimate question)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks