Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2010, 19:00   #46
Team-BHP Support

I would have really loved to see
Senna, Juan Pablo, MS, Kimi, Lewis & Fernando on similar cars to see who fares how against each other

as far as this thread goes, they can be only compared if they had similar cars as for eg in Moto GP, Vale wins, good bike or bad bike and the complete domination by Ben Spies in WSBK gave a really complete picture which isn't the case here
Old 2nd January 2010, 19:08   #47
BHPian

I have to say Kimi is a better driver.

You have to include factors like experience & all. Schumacher did 19 years on the Go Kart Tracks so if he is the King of something that has to be Go Karts. I still remember that he had entered a Go Kart Race after retiring in Dubai or so & his team came 23 at the Finish Line.

Well now Schumacher is driving for Mercedes Benz & I like the car so I will be supporting him. He will be a threat for Race Wins at-least if not the World Championship.

Lewis can never be as good as Schumacher or Kimi.
Old 2nd January 2010, 19:16   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I would have really loved to see
Senna, Juan Pablo, MS, Kimi, Lewis & Fernando on similar cars to see who fares how against each other

as far as this thread goes, they can be only compared if they had similar cars as for eg in Moto GP, Vale wins, good bike or bad bike and the complete domination by Ben Spies in WSBK gave a really complete picture which isn't the case here
Yes Montoya is a Great Driver. I would say the same about Jacques Villeneuve. Alonso is also quiet good. If you meant Aryton Senna then we have a problem as he is dead.

Rossi is quiet a good rider but I think the Best Rider on the Grid now has to be Casey Stoner. He should have returned sooner & maybe he would have challenged for the 2009 Crown.

Ben Spies is really talented but how can you overlook people like Haga & the Two Honda Boys(I guess one guy's name is Johnny). There are very good riders in WSBK. The Ducati has never been really the Sharpest Tool in the box if people can remember Bayliss versus Coiln Edwards. The Yamaha this year was quiet good as the Twin Ducati could not match it for outright Performance.

I prefer WSBK to Motogp any day as the racing is amazing.
Old 3rd January 2010, 12:41   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercars View Post
Lewis can never be as good as Schumacher or Kimi.
You don't know that yet. If there's one driver who has what it takes to eclipse Schumacher, it is Hamilton IMO. He beat Alonso in his rookie year and that isn't something anyone can do. WDC in the next year despite a pretty strong Ferrari in terms of their car. And in the dog that McLaren produced, he managed things that were astonishing. If anything, that's the hallmark of a champ. There are a lot of Hamilton haters (and Schumi lovers) here but that doesn't change the fact that he is very much in the league of the best.
Old 3rd January 2010, 17:02   #50
Senior - BHPian

hey GUYs,

Today is MiChael Schumachers Birthday - Jan 03, 196X. So lets wish the DemiGOD a very Happy Birthday on behalf of TBHP!
Old 3rd January 2010, 20:20   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
You don't know that yet. If there's one driver who has what it takes to eclipse Schumacher, it is Hamilton IMO. He beat Alonso in his rookie year and that isn't something anyone can do. WDC in the next year despite a pretty strong Ferrari in terms of their car. And in the dog that McLaren produced, he managed things that were astonishing. If anything, that's the hallmark of a champ. There are a lot of Hamilton haters (and Schumi lovers) here but that doesn't change the fact that he is very much in the league of the best.
+1,
Though I am not a fan of Hamilton, i have to agree that he has what it takes to be in the top league. He is somewhat similar to Schumacher in his approach to F1, while Kimi was completely different.
If McLaren continues to build decent cars in coming years, Hamilton will always in the running for WDCs.
Old 4th January 2010, 15:11   #52
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercars View Post
Y

Rossi is quiet a good rider but I think the Best Rider on the Grid now has to be Casey Stoner.
I believe in GOD, why?have a look at this..

despite better top end, it was Rossi all the way though i have tremendous respect for each and every rider on Moto GP & WSBK grid, they are demiGods, wish i could land myself a track marshal job

Last edited by Sheel : 4th January 2010 at 15:15.
Old 4th January 2010, 15:53   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
+1,
Though I am not a fan of Hamilton, i have to agree that he has what it takes to be in the top league. He is somewhat similar to Schumacher in his approach to F1, while Kimi was completely different.
If McLaren continues to build decent cars in coming years, Hamilton will always in the running for WDCs.
Adding on to that, here's a video I had posted elsewhere where Lewis Hamilton puts in an incredible performance. Remember, the cars are virtually identical in GP2 and he comes in from the back with some stunning overtakes.

Old 4th January 2010, 17:05   #54
Senior - BHPian

I wouldn't be too excited with those overtakes in GP2. Even if the cars are more or less equal, the quality of majority of drivers is questionable there.
OT: look at 1:31-1:32 in that video, that driver had an amazing save there!
Old 4th January 2010, 17:25   #55
BHPian

Its Schuey all the way!!

IMO..its Schuey all the way..no one has ever worked so much for the team...winning races with Ferrari in the first year itself, when no one considered them as a serious contender.....who can forget that wet Spanish race,96 where he lapped almost the entire field..and that Ferrari car aint any superior compared to the Williams one..Schumi built the Ferrari car along with others to make it a championship winning car...

Agree...Kimi is an exceptionally talented driver, often bogged down by the team failures, reliability issues...but one main thing that lacks in Kimi is the motivation factor...after winning WDC 2007, i never felt he really had that zeal to win anymore and cry kid Massa completely took advantage of it...

About Hamiltion?? he is talented, but wont come anywhere near the Master..I dont think he has the ability to give a valuable feedback to the engineers just as Schumi or Alonso can..

My bet for 2010 WDC is going to be a repeat of 2006...and another close call for young kid Vettel...

If there is any one who can be compared with the Master, then it can be only the great Ayrton....they both are alike and have this feature " BORN TO WIN "....Sadly the sport missed a chance to view what would have been the best duels in the history of sport ever..

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.

Last edited by Aditya : 4th January 2010 at 18:30.
Old 4th January 2010, 18:28   #56
Team-BHP Support

Ayrton Senna and Michael Schumacher are the best Formula 1 drivers I have seen. Both achieved a "God" status through their abilities and determination to win.
Raikkonen has been good at times, but, not really great. Hakkinen was way better.
Old 4th January 2010, 18:51   #57
Senior - BHPian

No comparison here. Schumacher has the motivation to win titles even now. Not Kimi. He had lost the edge and the motivation after finally winning his maiden title in 2007.

Put the 2 in an identical car, with no team orders and it would have been close..but Schumacher is a canny tactician with a mean killer instinct.

And that to me makes him second only to his predecessor, Aryton Senna.
Old 4th January 2010, 22:33   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaserQ View Post
No comparison here. Schumacher has the motivation to win titles even now. Not Kimi. He had lost the edge and the motivation after finally winning his maiden title in 2007.
I think this motivation thing is overdone. Just because he is not as expressive about it as others, doesn't mean he is not motivated. In F1 the complete package has to be good to win championships whether you have motivation or not.
If you think Kimi was not motivated, please watch recordings of some races like 2008 Spa, 2009 Spa or the recent 2009 Brazil race where he drove almost entire race with burning eyes.
Old 4th January 2010, 22:45   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaserQ View Post
Ever wondered how Kimi could score 4 consecutive podiums starting from Hungary with a car which was nothing but a lawn mower last season and Ferrari announced that they have ceased any development on the car from Hungary?

Does it come without motivation!?
Old 4th January 2010, 23:00   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
I wouldn't be too excited with those overtakes in GP2. Even if the cars are more or less equal, the quality of majority of drivers is questionable there.
Sure but at one point he was 1.3 seconds faster than anyone else! That's a seriously amazing level to reach in the dry in identical cars. Anyway, we're going off topic since this about Kimi and Schumacher.

By the way, Schumi found that Turkey performance impressive too!

Last edited by McLaren Rulez : 4th January 2010 at 23:20.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks