Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2010, 16:01   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRf1 View Post

Kimi was the iceman . He did not pretend that he could build a team and smile for the sponsors and call up the engineers everyday . What he could do was take the car and drive it very fast . To his credit he never put his car in the middle of the track to block pole position , he did not push drivers off the track to win world championships . He was apolitical regarded everyone with respect and importantly fiercely competetive in what were sometimes either very unreliable or as in 09 downright slow cars .
Two or three incidents cannot merely suggest the true spirit of a driver. If we are talking about winning championships by just pushing drivers off the track, then the likes of great Ayrton, Prost should also be counted into that category.

I will sum it up as, people who dont like the dominance of Schumi or cannot accept his brilliance in the cockpit will always look at those so called 2 or 3 incidents and label him as the controversial driver.

Deny it or accept it, he is the best driver the world has ever seen.
Old 6th January 2010, 16:28   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saildrive View Post
not being slimy get co drivers pushed so that they dont win championships....or blocking their way

maybe then, just then, we might brood over that there were great drivers - mika, senna, prost.....alonso
Senna was hardly the type that was fair in racing. His racing was a little more like Schumacher's win at all costs mentality. Don't take my word for it; Keke Rosberg had this to say about Gilles Villeneuve being compared to Senna
Quote:
To Gilles, racing truly was a sport, which is why he would never chop you. Something like that he'd look on with contempt. You didn't have to be a good driver to do that, let alone a great one. Anyone could do that. Gilles was the hardest nutter I ever raced against, but completely fair. If you'd beaten him to a corner, he accepted it and gave you room. Then he'd be right back at you at the next one! Sure, he took unbelievable risks - but only with himself - and that's why I get p1ssed off now when people compare Senna with him.
Old 6th January 2010, 20:06   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Senna was hardly the type that was fair in racing. His racing was a little more like Schumacher's win at all costs mentality. Don't take my word for it; Keke Rosberg had this to say about Gilles Villeneuve being compared to Senna
Exactly. I very much accept with you. Every inch of Schumacher's mentality is more or less like Senna's. Schumacher has grown up watching his idol Senna and imbibed most of the qualities in himself as his idol. ZEAL to WIN at any cost.
Old 6th January 2010, 20:40   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samabhi View Post
I will sum it up as, people who dont like the dominance of Schumi or cannot accept his brilliance in the cockpit will always look at those so called 2 or 3 incidents and label him as the controversial driver.

Deny it or accept it, he is the best driver the world has ever seen.
First of all chill out and dont take anything so personally .

If by people you mean me then here is my reply :

First of all I did not mind his dominance and I respect him as one of the greatest ever as I have mentioned so clearly in my post .

I did not say those stray incidents destroy his credibility , my mention of them was merely to compare some of the facets of the personalities of Schumi and Kimi as the discussion is between them .

As Ron Dennis correctly said " F1 is a pirhana club " and you need those win at all cost mentality to succeed in F1 .

I havent called him controversial as you mention it.

As far as my opinion is concerned I like both of them ,each for different reasons .

Best Regards
Old 6th January 2010, 20:40   #80
BANNED

maybe the only way to answer this question is with another question:
what quality do you like better? gamesmanship or sportsmanship?

Last edited by blacmagic : 6th January 2010 at 20:41.
Old 6th January 2010, 21:05   #81
Senior - BHPian

This thread will go on forever at this rate. Neither side is going to budge, nor is either side going to convince the other. Its similar to the greatest ever driver debate. Its never going to end. Its time to close it and accept the difference in opinions IMHO.
Old 6th January 2010, 23:01   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRf1 View Post

If by people you mean me then here is my reply :
Hey KRf1. you got me wrong. I am not mentioning about you. By people I only meant the people who are anti-Schumi. Thats a pretty much generic statement I made about the anti-Schumi guys.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks