Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2010, 10:19   #91
NGM
BHPian

It was a boring race with very few or no overtaking between top drivers/cars.I think the new rules for 2010 is making F1 boring with a long procession of cars and most opting for a single pit stop.
Good race for ferrari and alonso fans.But bad luck hits vettel again.
Hope Vettel/RBR or Hamilton/Mclaren will catch up Ferrari in the coming races to make F1 more exciting.
Seems star sports telecast in india is focusing too much on karun chandhok.I think his car will find it difficult to finish a race this season.
Old 15th March 2010, 11:03   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
btw, didn't Massa change his engine before the race? why wasn't he penalized for that? whats going on? jean todt effect?
As per the FIA - all drivers have eight units at their disposal over a season before any penalties are incurred. So neither the Brazilian nor the Spaniard will suffer as a result of Ferrari’s decision.

Brilliant Qualifying session,great start, an exceptionally quick pit stop and in the end bad luck kept the young and brave Vettel away from the podium. He did well to keep Rosberg off his tail. Schumi put up a terrific fight with Button and ending up 6th.

Being a Ferrari fan all the way, am absolutely delighted with the results. 43 points on the Constructors kudos guys.
Old 15th March 2010, 11:23   #93
Senior - BHPian

Boring Boring Boring! This was the worst F1 GP I had watched since 1998. It was just like formation laps for almost 49 laps. There was no excitement, no challenges, no strategies. Ferrari 1 - 2 because of Vettels problem only or it was a perfectly scripted 2 - 3.

Happy to see that MS did a fantastic return with crisp race without a single error. Definitely Merc is a team to watch this season. They will hit hard. Ross Brawn admits Mercedes is off the pace | Bahrain Grand Prix | Formula 1 news, live F1 | ESPN F1

Now FOTA has urged to make 2 PIT STOPS mandatory to spice up the race action. I think they should do something or else we have see more or less same F1 car train in Albert Park as well.

Come on!
Old 15th March 2010, 11:41   #94
Senior - BHPian

What a boring race! *sigh*

The master finished a good 6th position and showed his consistency. I only hope the Mercedes gets faster!

But, the Ferrari boys came on top and it was more than what I could ask for from a GP weekend!

Bad Luck for Vettel! Should I call it a Newey luck!? He builds fast cars but for some reason they are not reliable!
Old 15th March 2010, 11:42   #95
BHPian

The first race and such a boring one at that, Yawn!

Couple of rants:
1) It was very difficult to distinguish between the dull cars (Mercedes, Lotus, Sauber et all) from the Star feed.
2) Refueling ban had made the races slower and poor.
3) Poor feed, missing actions during qualifying and timings during the race.
Old 15th March 2010, 12:08   #96
BHPian

I turned on the TV and saw cars going round and round the track for almost 2 hours. After that a guy in red suit was given a big trophy. I don't know why he was given the trophy. maybe because his car was best polished.
Old 15th March 2010, 12:29   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaynmantis View Post
I turned on the TV and saw cars going round and round the track for almost 2 hours. After that a guy in red suit was given a big trophy. I don't know why he was given the trophy. maybe because his car was best polished.
haha, that's the best one.
Force India not done too bad eh? Let's see them lapping it up some more.
Old 15th March 2010, 12:36   #98
BHPian

To be honest, the race was not a cracker that I expected it to be. Nonetheless we have an entire season to go and things may heat up and get better.

I think with the removal of the fuel pit stops, its become a bit boring. Come on, no pit strategies, no blazing laps before pit stops...SIGH!!

All in all, with Kimi's departure I had lost interest. It's only the awesome driver line up thats keeping me hooked.

PS - An absolute disappointment for Vettel. I cannot begin to imagine how he must have felt in that car.
Old 15th March 2010, 12:40   #99
BHPian

I think force India did a tactical blunder here they expected themselves and others to do three stoppers but realized two stopping is enough if it was a three stops then FI would have been in good stead.

Best was to see Massa when the race was over he had that terrible look on his face which said i got beaten by the new guy in the team which was supposed to be his own till last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Four things that stood out for me in this session.

Felipe Massa:
There'll be a smirk on his face as he did his lap about four tenths of a second faster than Nando. Alonso appears to have made a mistake but 0.4 of a second is still pretty bragworthy. The flipside is that Massa actually starts on the dirty side of the grid. Whatever happens, Massa is certainly fully back up to speed and is going to give Alonso a hard time.

McLaren:
Disappointing is the word that comes to mind. They were losing a full second in the slow middle section. They were fast in the rest of the lap but one full second is just too much. Red Bull and Ferrari seem to be significantly ahead while Merc is about the same level as Macca. Early days though and its hard to see whether the times are due to setup issues or inherent pace problems.

Michael Schumacher:
Yes, yes, its only the first qualifying but Rosberg has finally got a car that is competitive and he's proved that he's no pushover. There's only one clear way to say it: Schumacher clearly has some work to do. He was beaten in every session and by decent margins at that.

Force India:
Very good performance. From dead last in the previous season, they're right up there fighting with Renault and Sauber. Top job! Strangely enough, everyone in the top ten except Sutil set their time on softs. Looks like FI didn't expect to match the others in Q3 and went for the hards.
Old 15th March 2010, 12:42   #100
BHPian

Not the most interesting race ever... i hope this race doesnt hint at the the way upcoming races are going to be this season...

Well this weekend was ferraris reply to everyone who blamed them when they stopped development on their 2009 car early on last year and put their focus entirely on the 2010 car... and sure it has paid off... The prancing horses got the better of the raging bull of vettel.. A winning pair of drivers and a blazingly fast car is a sureshot recipe to success... But lets see if they can hold on to it for long enough..
Old 15th March 2010, 12:51   #101
BHPian

They got better of REDBULL; buddy did you watch the race !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidmetal99 View Post
Not the most interesting race ever... i hope this race doesnt hint at the the way upcoming races are going to be this season...

Well this weekend was ferraris reply to everyone who blamed them when they stopped development on their 2009 car early on last year and put their focus entirely on the 2010 car... and sure it has paid off... The prancing horses got the better of the raging bull of vettel.. A winning pair of drivers and a blazingly fast car is a sureshot recipe to success... But lets see if they can hold on to it for long enough..
Old 15th March 2010, 14:33   #102
BHPian

I mean sure the redbull has been better with the soft tyres on but when the hard tyres came on alonso was definitely looking better... Also if you look at his lap times towards the end around lap 45 he set a fastest lap of 1:58.287 which was a staggering one second faster than anyone else on the grid...

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj.barcode View Post
They got better of REDBULL; buddy did you watch the race !!
Old 15th March 2010, 15:23   #103
Senior - BHPian

Some pics from BahrainGP

Will update more pics in a while!
Attached Thumbnails
Season Starting Smashing Bahrain F1-2010 with Schumi-f1201003141906337161.jpg  

Season Starting Smashing Bahrain F1-2010 with Schumi-unknown.jpeg  

Attached Images

Old 15th March 2010, 16:32   #104
BHPian

^^ woah were you there? are you in the pic :-)
Old 15th March 2010, 17:22   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Some pics from BahrainGP

Will update more pics in a while!
WHY? WHY ME? Am I not already a champion?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks