Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2005, 16:14   #46
Senior - BHPian

Yeh, obviously we won't reach a single conclusion as to who is the best driver. But Ron's comments were about good/better drivers. But yes, we have shifted off topic.
Old 2nd October 2005, 09:24   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeps
and its only you who is over reacting about the "Schumacher who?" T-shirt. No one in the paddock has reacted to it not even MS.
i think u need read all the posts before saying something so stupid.the schumacher who response that i said was to something Mr.Dippy had said.i dont think think u have to get into this.and ur defination of over-reaction is pretty blig i guess.i just said it was a bad expression from people who had worked with MS earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy
Didnt want to start a new topic so thought I'd put this here since there is a lot of debating going on

Did anyone see one of the pit mechanics from Renault who displayed a t shirt saying " Alonso Champion 2005" in the front and "Schumacher Who?" on the back.

I was pretty much cheesed off with that. Here your driver wins the WDC for the first time and you go "Schumacher Who?"

Very unsporting IMO

Dippy
Quote:
Originally Posted by adya33
maybe he ment as end of an era
common dippy take it in sporting manner
this is were my response was
Old 3rd October 2005, 09:53   #48
Team-BHP Support

merve, i second dippy's opinion it was unsporting. not becuase of anything but i feel as a professional you must respect your fellow pros. you may not like them but you must respect them. besides the pit crew who wore that might one day be working for MS he should know that he should not bite the hadn that feeds him.

usually such acts are done under the influence of peer pressure and beer pressure. usually ther person commiting the act is a victim.
Old 3rd October 2005, 12:23   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
merve, i second dippy's opinion it was unsporting. not becuase of anything but i feel as a professional you must respect your fellow pros. you may not like them but you must respect them. besides the pit crew who wore that might one day be working for MS he should know that he should not bite the hadn that feeds him.

usually such acts are done under the influence of peer pressure and beer pressure. usually ther person commiting the act is a victim.
yes very true.i am also supporting Dippy's view and thats what i said doing things like that with a man u have worked with before is very unsporting and in very bad taste especially with a man of Michael's calibre.
Old 10th October 2005, 13:25   #50
BHPian

Steve Slater takes a dig at Kimi during Japanese Grand Prix

"They both are immensely talented and immensely quick, but one seems to be more intelligent than the other" and later on "Kimi seems to be a one pony trick". Of course Chris made him eat his words after that stunning overtaking manoever on the last lap.

M
Old 10th October 2005, 13:46   #51
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
"...after that stunning overtaking manoever on the last lap."
What was so stunning about that move? Kimi had a car that was atleast 2 seconds faster, so all Kimi had to do was draft Fissi and pull out and out-brake him at the end of the straight. Which is what he did.

Though i don't agree with the "one trick pony" statement as Kimi has shown before that he is not afraid to overtake. In Japan, he knew he had a much quicker car, so he chose to take his time and find the right spot with minimum danger to him. Afterall, he was the sole remaining Mclaren and they needed those points for the MC real bad. IMO, that was Kimi driving smart.
Old 10th October 2005, 16:01   #52
Team-BHP Support

To call any Fi driver a one trick pony is a disservice. no one becomes a F1 driver by being a one trick pony. this happens in many disciplines incl. other sports and the arts and in all cases my only retort is "hey if you can do it better - why didn't ya".
Old 10th October 2005, 16:06   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
What was so stunning about that move? Kimi had a car that was atleast 2 seconds faster, so all Kimi had to do was draft Fissi and pull out and out-brake him at the end of the straight. Which is what he did.
I agree - it was a matter of time before Kimi caught up with Fisi and overtook him since the McLaren was so obviously faster - one didnt need to look up lap times to realise that.

I'd like to see Kimi take Montoya similarly...when Monty is also driving the fastest car on the circuit.

Last edited by Steeroid : 10th October 2005 at 16:07.
Old 10th October 2005, 16:06   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Come on, it wasn't 2 seconds. Kimi's fastest lap was 1:31.540 and Alonso's was 1:31.599. It took Kimi longer to get past Schumacher than to get past Fisi despite that fact that the ferrari may well have been 2s slower. As soon as kimi was alongside the Renault, Fisi moved over to the left slightly which left kimi with very little space and if his reaction had been a bit slower there may have been some wheel banging. If it was Alonso in place of fisi, Kimi had no chance of getting by. Too bad they didn't show Briatore's face afterwards.
Old 10th October 2005, 16:17   #55
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Come on, it wasn't 2 seconds. Kimi's fastest lap was 1:31.540 and Alonso's was 1:31.599.
Dude! Didn't expect that from you! do you really think Fissi's renault was clocking those times in the final laps? His tyres had gone and he had a bad exit out of the previous chicane. Basically, in F1 world, he handed that place to kimi. Only Ralf would not have been able to make that pass!
Old 10th October 2005, 16:23   #56
BHPian

Quote:
What was so stunning about that move? Kimi had a car that was atleast 2 seconds faster, so all Kimi had to do was draft Fissi and pull out and out-brake him at the end of the straight.
This is what ITV had to say about Kimi's overtaking of Giancarlo.

"Raikkonen duly planted his car in Fisichella’s slipstream and, as they started the final lap, thrust the McLaren to the outside.

For a fleeting moment the pair brushed wheels as Fisichella tried to cover the move, but Raikkonen sat it out at 190mph and held off his brakes long enough to sweep across the Renault’s bows from the outside entering Turn 1.

Like Alonso’s moves earlier, it was a pass that beggared belief in its sheer audacity and fearlessness – but with the added piquancy of taking place on the last lap."

For the full article:
http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=34291

I guess then Fernando's overtaking of Michael at 130r wasn't stunning too, as Fernando's car was much quicker than Michael's!
Old 10th October 2005, 16:32   #57
Team-BHP Support

That's why they write for a living and I don't! I'm sure that can make a snale race sound that exciting as well

I think the timing of the pass i.e last lap; made it seem more sensational than it really was.

Last edited by Rtech : 10th October 2005 at 16:34.
Old 10th October 2005, 16:40   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Rtech, you are making it ridiculously simple. It was the last lap and it was Kimi's last chance. Kimi had gear problems. His 7th gear was very short and it quick used to hit the rev limiter. That's why you see Kimi's fastest lap is faster than Alonso's fastest lap by a whisker.

Let's keep aside yours and mine opinion aside and look at what ITV-F1 has to say...

"It was a pass that beggared belief in its sheer audacity and fearlessness – but with the added piquancy of taking place on the last lap"

M
Old 10th October 2005, 16:43   #59
BHPian

Looks like Rtech is a Alonso fan in the Kimi-Alonso battle
Old 10th October 2005, 17:01   #60
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Let's keep aside yours and mine opinion aside and look at what ITV-F1 has to say...
Feel free to make your opinions on what a guy on another site is paid to write. I'd like to make my own judgements if you don't mind.

Quote:
Looks like Rtech is a Alonso fan in the Kimi-Alonso battle
What relation does that have to this point?? And again, I will praise whoever, IMO, I feel worthy of praise, whether another website agree's with me or not!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks