Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2010, 15:48   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaserQ View Post
Mclaren looked strong in all 3 practice sessions, but when it mattered the Redbulls came to the party. Should be another fun race, with rain almost certain on race day.
They looked good in Q1 and Q2 too, particularly Hamilton. One possibility is that their set up went to the dogs when the fuel load became heavy.
Old 17th April 2010, 21:29   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
They looked good in Q1 and Q2 too, particularly Hamilton. One possibility is that their set up went to the dogs when the fuel load became heavy.
actually Q3 is similar to Q1&2 except for the fact that you will be using race tires so i don't think fuel load makes a difference here.
maybe Hamilton was trying to preserve the tires for the race rather than go full out in the qualification!
Old 17th April 2010, 22:30   #33
BHPian

Fernando is on P3 and the Ferrari's have a better race pace than their quali pace, he is also on the racing line behind pole sitter Vettel, this is the perfect recipe for some excitement on turn 1, he can surely slot into P2 there and post that its game on between him and Vettel.

Webber lost out in the quali battle of the RBs again, being fastest in the practice sessions doesn't count. Vettel actually said that he copied his setup after practice and was faster than him by 2 tenths, if Mark falls off the top 3 tom, there will be still more pressure on him, with Kimi to RB rumors becoming intense wont do good to him.
Old 18th April 2010, 00:04   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amulu10 View Post
actually Q3 is similar to Q1&2 except for the fact that you will be using race tires so i don't think fuel load makes a difference here!
Whoops! I'm still stuck in last season mode

Last edited by McLaren Rulez : 18th April 2010 at 00:06.
Old 18th April 2010, 14:28   #35
Senior - BHPian

A very interesting race. Lewis Hamilton is the new God of rain. Drove an awesome race. Jenson too drove an awesome race. What more could we Mclaren fans ask for. A McLAREN 1-2.

Last edited by danlalan : 18th April 2010 at 14:30.
Old 18th April 2010, 14:31   #36
Senior - BHPian

Bad luck for sutil to just finish outside the points.Good race for chandhok as he finishes again!

Awesome drive by button.
Old 18th April 2010, 14:33   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
Drove an awesome race. Jenson too drove an awesome place. What more could we Mclaren fans ask for. A McLAREN 1-2.
+10000000!! Great to see them top with good calls from Button on strategy and a great set of overtakes from Hamilton. Top stuff from McLaren today
Old 18th April 2010, 14:34   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
A very interesting race. Lewis Hamilton is the new God of rain. Drove an awesome race. Jenson too drove an awesome place. What more could we Mclaren fans ask for. A McLAREN 1-2.
Jenson was smart about his tyre choices. But hold the celebrations till stewards decide what they are going to do about Lewis and Vettel's antics in the pit lane.

Watching a rookie overtake Schumi must have broken a lot of hearts.

And when is Massa going to wake up??

Great drive by Alonso too, inspite of the drivethrough penalty.
Old 18th April 2010, 14:38   #39
Senior - BHPian

What a chaotic race this was! RBR gambled on the tires while McLaren had a clever strategy and choice of tyres.

Still don't understand why Schumi is struggling while Nico is having a podium finish! Hope to see him on the podium once the action shifts towards Europe.

What happened to the investigation involving the pit incident between Lewis and Vettel? I think Lewis should have been penalized there as his front tires were behind that of Vettel, so he should have stuck behind him instead of going wheel to wheel.

Last edited by theragingbull : 18th April 2010 at 14:39.
Old 18th April 2010, 14:49   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
What happened to the investigation involving the pit incident between Lewis and Vettel? I think Lewis should have been penalized there as his front tires were behind that of Vettel, so he should have stuck behind him instead of going wheel to wheel.
Investigation after the race, which is now. Actually there's no rule against going side by side in the pitlane. Its been done many times in the past. Vettel did turn into Lewis and bang wheels with him when they were going side by side but I doubt if that warrants any action anyway. Neither was actually committing an offence there.

Is there a rule against racing wheel to wheel at the entry? Again, no! Hamilton was ahead as they went into the pitlane with Vettel's front wheel near Hamilton's sidepod. Its pretty difficult to expect either of them, particularly Hamilton, to give way to the other at that point. If anything, Alonso did a far more blatant version of it when he overtook Massa right at the entry.

Thel point of contention that was being talked about the most is whether McLaren released Lewis in an unsafe manner. But replays reveal that Hamilton and Vettel were released nearly simultaneously. Hamilton bogged down in the box with lots of wheelspin when he was released which is why Vettel came by his side. Its a racing incident if you ask me. Its impossible for the lollipop guy to do anything about it and Lewis having wheelspin is also something that is difficult to predict and control. The stewards will probably call it a racing incident and let it be because its impossible to legislate these scenarios.

In fact, the one that really was contentious was Hamilton's first pitstop where he was called into the pits at the last moment and had to do a very late entry into the pitlane. Somehow, that's the one that's not being talked about at all.

Last edited by McLaren Rulez : 18th April 2010 at 15:08.
Old 18th April 2010, 15:07   #41
Senior - BHPian

The Gods must be siding with FiA

Thanks to a cable provider who is engaged in a "negotiation" with ESPN/Star Sports at the expense of it's customers I was deprived of a fantastic race today. Had to follow it on PlanetF1 and BBC Sport thanks to the lap by lap text commentary. Oh and the cable guy is Asianet.

Why the title of the post - frankly the Gods are bailing out FiA this season with rain.

Great drive by Jenson. Hamilton's proved again why his talent is second to none. Okay and let loose the dogs of war on Schumy's performance. IMHO he is getting there. Held off Hamilton quite well and pulled off a couple of overtakings as well. Though he was overtaken by a couple of drivers at the death - perhaps this could be the car as Alonso also caught up Rosberg at the end of the race.

Another race finish from Karun. Somehow Bruno Senna's not living up to the "If you think I'm fast, you should see my nephew" statement by his late Uncle.

W-A-T-E-R : FiA's five letter answer to a solution for a great race. Rain on the last three races meant exciting racing.

Drive on,
Shibu.
Old 18th April 2010, 15:13   #42
BHPian

No one could have written the script for such an exciting race, brilliant driving from button, he is the 'Mr silky smooth' of F1. Good comeback from alonso as well after the drive through. His start looked too good to be true, only a whisker of a second between a jump start and a normal start.

But good to see the championship tables go up and down again, this season is surely exciting in that regards.

Good ol Petrov in the points (His mum would've been relieved), conserved his tires nicely and overtook Webber for 2 more points.

One question left in my mind ' Whats with Schumi?' This was his worst performance of the season so far. the seeds of doubt are coming is everyone's mind now, is 41 too old for F1, even if you happen to be Michael Schumacher.
Old 18th April 2010, 15:38   #43
Senior - BHPian

Thanks to the power cut between 12 and 2.30, i missed the race. Was following the live timing on laptop but that didn't last long as battery died after 25 laps.

From the replays the Hamilton - Vettel incident looked a little dangerous from Hamilton. He should have slotted behind Vettel IMO. But i don't expect any penalties other than just warnings.

Is Massa the new Barichello now? Why did he let Alonso overtake him in the pits? Was this deliberate or a mistake from him which cost him the place?
Old 18th April 2010, 15:43   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
Is Massa the new Barichello now? Why did he let Alonso overtake him in the pits? Was this deliberate or a mistake from him which cost him the place?
Apparently he made a mistake and Alonso took advantage. Massa talked about it after the race. He was extremely unimpressive today.
Old 18th April 2010, 15:50   #45
BHPian

What a great race, and results for Maclaren,excellent drive from Jenson and Lewis. I think all the drivers earnt there pay today.Best race of the season for me
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks