Button
Reubens
Luizzi
and Sutil on 12th

First time Sutil is out qualified by his teammate

Rosberg betters Micheal in old chassis and button struggling

Should be an amazing race with alonso starting from pitlane
Just loved the way Kubica drove today

Schumi's and Nico's timings are relatively too close to call someone better.

Sad for Alonso, Ferrari's are better suited for this circuit, Massa did no justice to his car.

Tomorrows race will be really exciting. Many yellow flags, Crashes,
Old 15th May 2010, 21:18   #32
Senior - BHPian

Schumacher claims that Rosberg blocked him during qualifying. Make of that what you will.

Massa did it a bit more blatantly on Button but there wasn't much more from that McLaren anyway. Might be seeing some penalties there anyway.
Old 16th May 2010, 13:43   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Schumacher claims that Rosberg blocked him during qualifying. Make of that what you will.
Looks like Brawn has acknowledged the same, Rosberg had apologised for the same. Is there any problem mate before making our will?
Old 16th May 2010, 14:18   #34
Senior - BHPian

We expected a duel in the ferrari pits.
Looks like its happening between the two germans in the mercedes team.
So, who's gonna taking whom out during the race?
Old 16th May 2010, 14:59   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Is there any problem mate before making our will?
I'm talking about different perspectives on that incident. I'm merely passing on the news and I've no idea what you mean by making your will.
Old 16th May 2010, 19:28   #36
BANNED

What a race.

Schumi pips Alonso on the last few meters of the closing lap to go up one position. F1.com says " Michael Schumacher Cheekily but legally pips Alonso at the start / Finish line for P6

Could only see 40 laps of the race, Rains played spoilsport with my Hathway connection.

Webber again proved he's unbeatable, Vettel is a happy Second.

But all in all, i loved the way Schumi displayed his old form.

THE LEGEND IS BACK.

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 16th May 2010 at 19:41.
Old 16th May 2010, 19:41   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
THE LEGEND IS BACK.
That was a very brave and timed move by schumi at the last minute. Brilliant show by Renault and Kubica. Too bad they wont let him off to ferrari at the end of the year
Old 16th May 2010, 20:05   #38
BHPian

Schumi's Move

Very well deserved for Alonso after he did what he did to Massa at the pit lane entry.

Over all a bore fest though.
Old 16th May 2010, 20:15   #39
BHPian

Looks like Schumi will retain his position

The F1 Times | Does clause 40.13 void Schumacher's pass?

Does clause 40.13 void Schumacher's pass?
Some confusion followed the end result of the Monaco GP after Michael Schumacher passed Fernando Alonso into the last corner of the last lap.
Whilst the move happened after the first safety car line - which would make the move legal under normal circumstances, the race was on its final lap under safety car conditions.
Rule 40.13 states that the safety car will enter the pits on the final lap and the results will remain as they were, without overtaking. This therefore voids Schumacher's pass.
However, Ross Brawn understands that the race didn't end under the safety car, instead the teams were informed that the safety car would come in on lap 78 - which would suggest the pass was legal.
It isn't yet know what the FIA's decision will be, but Ross Brawn seemed prepared to fight his corner having already collected data and print-outs to present to the stewards.
-- FIA regulation 40.13 --
40.13 If the race ends whilst the safety car is deployed it will enter the pit lane at the end of the last lap and the cars will take the chequered flag as normal without overtaking.
Old 16th May 2010, 20:20   #40
Senior - BHPian

Great driving by Webber. Not a moment of scare for him even after encountering multiple safety car periods.

Kubica too taking the fight to the Red Bulls. Massa coming home in a fine fourth and seems like tyres are his problems.

Another come from back race for Alonso. Frankly I am tired of this guy doing this again and again. Agreed it is exciting but you need to be in the best position to get the max from the car. I reckon he could have won the race has he started in 2nd or 3rd position.

And what a move by Schumi along with his solid drive. He is surely back
Looking forward to the longer wheelbase MGP in turkey to see what he does to Rosberg
Old 16th May 2010, 21:03   #41
BHPian

THE ONE's move at the dying moment of the race made my day.I am still grinning ear to ear.Man at 41,this guy still has that Never say die spirit and looking for an oppurtunity ALL the time.

Whats with Lewis Hamilton - he seems to be blasting away on the team radio.Did anyone listen to what he had to say when told to look after his brakes.Not doing his chances any good within the team

Guys in the US,is there any other alternative other than Speed channel.I knew there are web feeds available,but I am looking for alternate channel.These Speed channel guys are such dumbo's.One of the commentator said "The last time Michael and Alonso went head to head at this track in 2007,Michael finished 5th and Alonso won on his Mclaren Mercedez" duh
Old 16th May 2010, 21:47   #42
Senior - BHPian

Great Race. Good to see Schumi back in his form! (Well, At least! )
Karun Chandok's accident was scary though!
Old 16th May 2010, 21:49   #43
Senior - BHPian

Ah the wily old fox! At the moment, its not clear whether he made a legal move with Ferrari and Merc claiming different interpretations of the rule but that's the sort of move that makes F1 exciting. I'm no fan of either Alonso or Schumacher but that was most enjoyable from a neutral fan's perspective. But, it remains to be seen if its legal or not...

My only complaint was that we didn't get to hear Alonso's team radio.

Last edited by McLaren Rulez : 16th May 2010 at 21:51.
Old 16th May 2010, 22:16   #44
Senior - BHPian

James Allen's twitter

Quote:
FIA stewards have decided that Schumacher's pass is illegal and add 20 seconds to his time.
Autosport has the story now as well. Schumacher is now classified twelfth.

Clearly, Brawn and Schumacher didn't interpret the rule correctly but Alonso and Ferrari did. It is interesting to note that Alonso radioed his team asking if he was allowed to try a move on Hamilton after the SC pulled in so they were aware of the possibility. Alonso's race engineer told him it was not allowed, hence the lack of a defense at the restart from him.

Full credit to Ferrari for reading the situation correctly. Brawn and Schumacher need to read that rulebook again.

Last edited by McLaren Rulez : 16th May 2010 at 22:29.
Old 16th May 2010, 22:19   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
James Allen's twitter
Ridiculous FIA rules. Why not just let the race really finish behind the safety car? And the green lights?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks