Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2010, 22:21   #46
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
James Allen's twitter

Autosport has the story now as well

Schumacher is now twelfth. Clearly, Brawn and Schumacher didn't interpret the rule correctly.

Alonso and Ferrari did.

Costly error since he lost the points he'd have had for seventh.
I call that illegal.

As per what i understand, the cars are not supposed to overtake under Safety car Deployment conditions. But 78th lap was completed and safety car position is null and void after the finish line.

Anyways, we Schumi fans are happy to see his BEST old form

Is this report confirmed as yet???

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 16th May 2010 at 22:23.
Old 16th May 2010, 22:32   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
I call that illegal.

Is this report confirmed as yet???
Well the stewards call the move illegal. And it is confirmed.

I don't know if they can appeal though. I don't think they can since post race penalties cannot be appealed. Similar to McLaren in 2007 when they were not allowed to appeal a post race drive through.
Old 16th May 2010, 22:37   #48
Senior - BHPian

No Problem about the rules. But I am glad and happy that Schumi has found his touch.
A great drive from Alonso to come to sixth after starting from the pit lane. But I seriously hope he starts liking regular starts. His bravery and grit are all great but the team is losing and he is hampering his chances too.

Looking forward to the next races and fingers crossed for atleast one win for Schumi this year.
Old 16th May 2010, 22:41   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
No Problem about the rules. But I am glad and happy that Schumi has found his touch.
That's the spirit!

The rules are as follows (from the Autosport link)
Quote:
If the race ends whilst the safety car is deployed it will enter the pitlane at the end of the last lap and the cars will take the chequered flag as normal without overtaking,"
Old 16th May 2010, 23:00   #50
BHPian

Schumacher's disgrace

Schumacher again makes a fool out of himself. What a disgrace for a 7 time world champion's comeback.

Here is the official verdict on his illegal pass on Alonso.
Formula 1? - The Official F1? Website

Looks like he's been penalized 20 seconds which demotes him to 12th and moves Sebastien Buemi into the points. And that means more points for both the Force Indias as well.
Old 16th May 2010, 23:37   #51
Senior - BHPian

Wouldn't make much of a difference to Schumi since he doesn't seem to be in the championship race as of now.
Must be a big relief for Alonso though.
Old 16th May 2010, 23:48   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujaylahiri View Post
Schumacher again makes a fool out of himself.
I don't see how Schumi's made a 'fool out of himself', & in fact it looked to me that it was Alonso who did that !

Last edited by im_srini : 16th May 2010 at 23:50.
Old 17th May 2010, 00:21   #53
BHPian

Mercedes has decided to appeal the decision. Note that drive-through penalties (ya, Schumacher got a post-race version of the drive-through) cannot be appealed against, but Mercedes is appealing the decision, not the penalty. Only Ross Brawn should know what the difference is
Old 17th May 2010, 04:02   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by im_srini View Post
I don't see how Schumi's made a 'fool out of himself', & in fact it looked to me that it was Alonso who did that !

YouTube - Formula One 2010: Brawn defends Schumacher's overtake of Alonso at the Monaco GP
Of course Ross Brawn's going to defend his driver's antics and appeal the decision. According to the Monaco stewards: "Schumacher passed Alonso just as the safety car pulled in at the end of Lap 78. The FIA stewards, which included his old sparring partner Damon Hill, have deemed the German breached Article 40.13 of the Sporting Regulations, which states that “if the race ends whilst the safety car is deployed it will enter the pit lane at the end of the last lap and the cars will take the chequered flag as normal without overtaking."

Source: Formula 1? - The Official F1? Website

According to me, it was very unsportsmanlike and unethical for Schumacher to pass Alonso like that and try to score a few more points when he couldn't do so during the normal course of the race on his own merit. But who am I kidding, Michael Schumacher is not new to all this. At least the stewards saw it correctly and penalized him appropriately.
Old 17th May 2010, 08:26   #55

Ferrari’s suggestions Alonso knew there could be no overtaking looked dubious; if he did, why was he so eager to hit the gas and try to speed out of the corner?
And if Alonso lost the tail of his car and wobbled, what was Schumacher supposed to do? Brake and risk the car behind to crash into him?
As the safety car left the track Fernando Alonso tried to accelerate but on very worn tyres he lost traction and his rear-end wobbled. Schumacher, who was also accelerating, spotted a tiny opening and nipped past the Ferrari. It was superb opportunism and in the immediate aftermath the consensus was what he had done was fair. Alonso must stop crying about everything and realise he was beaten on the last corner
Old 17th May 2010, 09:48   #56
BHPian

How come no one is talking about the lack of common sense or rather stupidity shown by trulli.
It was indeed a very rash overtaking attempt and the resulting accident was scary too.
I thought that karun's head might have been just chopped off.
Damn trulli.

And why wasn't any action taken against him for his dangerous maneuver and reckless overtaking which could have made the Monaco f1 ugly.
Old 17th May 2010, 10:37   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter_Ego View Post
How come no one is talking about the lack of common sense or rather stupidity shown by trulli.
It was indeed a very rash overtaking attempt and the resulting accident was scary too.
I thought that karun's head might have been just chopped off.
Damn trulli.

And why wasn't any action taken against him for his dangerous maneuver and reckless overtaking which could have made the Monaco f1 ugly.
I do agree that it was an ambitious move that was not really required.But you look closely, Karun left a gap down the inside which Trulli went for. Therefore there was no 'muscling' involved.
He paid for carrying a bit too much speed into the corner and sliding into Karun

What has made this a big issue is trulli colliding with karun in such a way that he got lifted in the air and almost took his head of... what trulli's car does (becoming airborne) after a sideways collision is in no way his fault

It was a racing incident, which he has apologised to Karun for.
The stewards too have classified this as a normal racing incident and have not penalised trulli.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj.barcode View Post
Can some one explain the two holes in the wing of the Mclaren this actually might reduce some down force by those slots if i am not wrong; I thought Monaco was a high down force circuit
I think its got to do with the F duct and 'stalling' the rear wing to reduce downforce (only on straights) which increases top speed.

Even though it is useless in monaco, the team did not change their rear wing

Last edited by Dippy : 17th May 2010 at 10:45. Reason: Back to back posts. Please use the multi quote option instead of creating back to back posts. Thanks.
Old 17th May 2010, 10:59   #58
BHPian

Nice move by Schumi, I really dont bother much about the penalty imposed but looks like the stewards faltered again.

Excerpt from Ross:
"There's a regulation which is new this year that says you can race between Safety Car line one and the start/finish line".

"On previous occasions when it has been necessary to complete a race under a safety car, full course yellows are maintained, as in Melbourne 2009. On the last lap, we therefore advised our drivers that they should race to the line and Michael made his move on Fernando for sixth place. We have appealed the decision of the stewards."

The article Damon quoted, means only yellow flags should have waived. So why did the stewards show the green flag!, means one can race to the finish line but cannot overtake! how dumb!!

Am wondering why Rubens wasnt reprimanded for throwing the steering wheel on the track! I didnt get to see the race, but read that it hit a car passing by!
Old 17th May 2010, 11:16   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
It was a racing incident, which he has apologised to Karun for.
The stewards too have classified this as a normal racing incident and have not penalised trulli.
Oh!!! I switched off the TV as soon as I saw Force india getting points on both the cars.Dint see the later part where trulli apologised to Karun
I rest my case.
Old 17th May 2010, 11:30   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
I think its got to do with the F duct and 'stalling' the rear wing to reduce downforce (only on straights) which increases top speed.

Even though it is useless in monaco, the team did not change their rear wing
Sorry but the slots for the Stalling rear wing should not be visible and is not visible
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks