Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2010, 13:24   #91
Senior - BHPian

OT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Do you guys see.

Since the F1 season started, what are everyone talking about.

Who's been discussed in almost every page.

3 years of boring seasons suddenly coming alive.

Thats what this guy is to F1.

Long live the LEGEND.
Well, we didn't see you at this section for the past 3 years.
Thats the difference.
Old 20th May 2010, 19:17   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujaylahiri View Post
From one of the greatest drivers in Formula 1 with such a distinguished record, I did not expect a sleazy move like this on the last lap, especially when the other drivers were told to maintain their positions and not pass. And with the years of experience both Schumacher and Ross Brawn have, it's highly unlikely that it was just an "oversight".

Either way every time I try to garner some respect for Michael Schumacher, he always manages to one-up me with his antics. And I've been trying that since 1997!
Formula 1? - The Official F1? Website
FIA to clarify last-lap safety car rule

The full statement from the FIA:
The problems identified during the final lap of the Monaco Grand Prix, counting for the 2010 FIA Formula One World Championship, showed a lack of clarity in the application of the rule prohibiting overtaking behind the Safety Car.

Adjustments to the regulations are necessary to clarify the procedure that cars must meet when the last lap is controlled by the Safety Car whilst also ensuring that the signalling for teams and drivers is made more clear.

These adjustments will help to avoid the problem which occurred during the Monaco Grand Prix from happening in the future.

The Formula One Commission, upon a proposal of the F1 Sporting Working Group will submit an amendment to the Sporting Regulations to address this issue. These amendments will be considered by the World Motor Sport Council at its next meeting in Geneva on June 23.

The very fact that they are working on this shows that they goofedup bigtime at Monaco.So cut the slack and give respect where its due.Ross and Michael know much better than any of us here.
Old 24th May 2010, 11:51   #93
BHPian

IMO Schumi and Ross are the moral victors here, and Alonso has got some flak in the Italian press as well.

Some websites are also saying (as part of Alonso bashing), that he is probably trying too hard to prove himself. Now that's a interesting.
Old 26th May 2010, 15:46   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Do you guys see.

Since the F1 season started, what are everyone talking about.

Who's been discussed in almost every page.

3 years of boring seasons suddenly coming alive.

Thats what this guy is to F1.

Long live the LEGEND.
I don't agree that last 3 seasons were boring, particularly 2007 and 2008.
Old 27th May 2010, 10:06   #95
BHPian

I think the FIA screwed up here big time. If there wasn't supposed to be overtaking on the last lap, they shouldn't have shown the track green and waved the green flags. Remember, in Melbourne 2009, when the race finished under safety car, the SC board was still out and there were yellow flags everywhere at the end. Here, there were green flags and there were no SC boards shown which meant that the race was not finishing under the safety car.
The problem was that they changed the rule this year that allowed overtaking before the start-finish line. This meant, they should have reviewed the rule about overtaking on the last lap , which they didn't.
Atleast with the new FIA under Jean Todt, they admitted their mistake and are reviewing the rule. Under the previous regime of Max Mosley, we would have probably seen a ban on Ross Brawn and Michael and Mercedes for showing how inept the FIA rules were .
Old 27th May 2010, 22:40   #96
BANNED

Certainly there's something with this Circuit and with Michael Schumacher and Alonso and the Rascasse
Old 28th May 2010, 10:23   #97
BHPian

I think Ferrari has something with this Circuit. First Michael parked it at Rascasse, then Kimi at the same corner and now Alonso .
Old 28th May 2010, 11:18   #98
Senior - BHPian

Note from Support:

Please continue discussions in the Turkish Grand Prix thread here

This thread is closed.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks