Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2010, 18:53   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingForIndia View Post
Guys I don’t think the weather was so bad. Yes the race did start in difficult conditions, but the amount of time the safety car was left on the circuit was a joke.
These are the best drivers in the world (supposedly) and if they cant handle water being sprayed in their face while driving the safest machines on this planet, I am willing to switch places with them any day :-)
Come on dude, the track was supposed to be evolving even on race day provided the conditions were dry and the asphalt was just 10 days old. The risk in running 24 cars on a tricky track with wet weather condition would mean disaster at the highest proportion possible.

Hamilton was showing off on the radio as if he was going to walk the race once the SC pulls in, but he could barely defend Rosberg for 4 corners from restart. Call it tricky conditions!

Last edited by anachronix : 25th October 2010 at 18:56.
Old 25th October 2010, 19:03   #62
BHPian

This was the kind of result that i have been dreading all along. Seems like a repeat of 2006 to me. Alonso is almost certain to win the WDC now. He does have luck on his side it seems. Of his 5 wins this season, 3 were just given to him.
Old 25th October 2010, 19:13   #63
Senior - BHPian

Looks like FA has got his grip on the championship, but Redbull 1-2s at remaining races could hand the title to Webber. I honestly think everyone else is out of it. The title fight could go right down to the last lap of the last race as in 2007/8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Vettel is becoming the new cry baby? At lap 41 or 42, he was the only driver complaining of bad light!!
Maybe they knew about the impending engine trouble and were trying to get the race stopped?

Last edited by StarrySky : 25th October 2010 at 19:14. Reason: Grammar
Old 25th October 2010, 20:46   #64
Senior - BHPian

In the Korean track preview video by RedBull, Vettel spins somewhat in the same way after going over the kerbs. Poor Webber tried it in the race.

Missed the race due to the power cut in Bangalore. Watched some parts of the race later.

I think it must have been an absorbing race. Alonso clearly has the championship in his sight. He definitely has been scored consistently in the second half. Though i am not his fan, i must say, if he wins the WDC, he would have deserved it.
I am not going to make any predictions on who will be WDC. In this race itself we have seen 3 possible WDC leaders. So it would be a mistake to rule out Webber, Vettel or Hamilton. Next race is in Brazil, which usually throws some surprises, and add the possibility of rain, we might be looking at a different WDC standings after 2 weeks.
Old 25th October 2010, 20:54   #65
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
Alonso is almost certain to win the WDC now. He does have luck on his side it seems. Of his 5 wins this season, 3 were just given to him.
You forgot last year on how Massa lost his first WDC.

Luck does not count in F1, looks like the last 2 races at Brazil and Abu Dhabi will be a thriller for sure.

Cant say, my Favourite is Webber.
Old 25th October 2010, 22:03   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
You forgot last year on how Massa lost his first WDC.

Luck does not count in F1, looks like the last 2 races at Brazil and Abu Dhabi will be a thriller for sure.

Cant say, my Favourite is Webber.
I'm hoping for anyone but Alonso to win the title.I can't stand that guy( although i am/was a ferrari fan) ever since the race where Kimi's car gave up on the last lap and he was celebrating by showing 6 or 7 fingers for his number of race wins and also claiming that he deserved the race win inspite of being no where near Kimi's pace for the whole race ( which seems to be a common theme with him coz he even claimed that he deserved his Singapore 08 win ) . And then he started imitating birds and animals after winning a race which was even more annoying .

I remember one race ( i think in 2000 ) when Mika Hakkinen was leading the race and his car broke down on the last lap giving Schumi the win. Schumi said after the race that he didn't deserve the win coz Mika had driven a great race.
Old 25th October 2010, 22:13   #67
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post

I remember one race ( i think in 2000 ) when Mika Hakkinen was leading the race and his car broke down on the last lap giving Schumi the win. Schumi said after the race that he didn't deserve the win coz Mika had driven a great race.

Why are we comparing Schumi the Legend with Alonso. Alonso can never achieve half of what Schumi has achieved or ever will achieve in his F1 career.

But must say, his fortunes favoured him at Korea.

The last 2 tracks will suit Red-bulls the most, so cant say about Ferrari making amends.
Old 26th October 2010, 00:04   #68
mgh
BHPian

results in last seven races
Alonso -1,2,DNF,1,1,3,1-points 133-average 19.5 points per race
Webber - 6,1,2,6,3,2,DNF-points 92-average 13.1 points per race
Hamilton - 4,DNF,1,DNF,DNF,5,2-points 65- average 9.3 points per race
Vettel- 3,3,15,4,2,1,DNF- points 85- average 12.1 points per race

Clearly Alonso is on a roll, his current performance is way ahead of everyone else.
Old 26th October 2010, 01:02   #69
Senior - BHPian

Oh! Alonso getting some stick here Fortune favors the brave and it has been Alonso for the past 7 races. He had his share of bad luck earlier in the season and did whine.

But now I see a more matured Fernando, having his foot firmly on the ground and concentrating on the race ahead. As for inheriting wins, he simply was there to take it, for which he should have driven a brilliant race.

If anyone is called lucky, I would name all of Alonso's rivals. Because Alonso has been driving with an old engine for the past three races which is a big advantage for the rivals.

The Ferrari in hands of Alonso is simply better than Massa's. Alonso fully deserves the championship if he wins it and I guess he would be there if he wins Brazil and Webber finishes fifth or below.
Old 26th October 2010, 01:36   #70
BHPian

What a terrible race for the Red Bulls . Massively disappointed .Webber has only himself to blame but Vettel deserved to win it . Unfortunately the underpowered unreliable Renault engine had other ideas .

Alonso is now firmly the favorite but as this race proves anything can happen .

Jenson Button was seriously disappointing . What a contrast to his team mate .

Great to see Force India managing to extend its lead over Williams .
Old 26th October 2010, 02:27   #71
CPH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
Ok, reviewed the footage again, seems like he took his hands off the steering wheel at the moment of the crash and the car took its own direction after the hit. And he ricocheted back into the track taking Rosberg with him.
Peace!
It is general practise in an accident to lift your hands off the steering wheel to prevent breaking their hands.
Old 26th October 2010, 13:06   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Come on dude, the track was supposed to be evolving even on race day provided the conditions were dry and the asphalt was just 10 days old. The risk in running 24 cars on a tricky track with wet weather condition would mean disaster at the highest proportion possible.

Hamilton was showing off on the radio as if he was going to walk the race once the SC pulls in, but he could barely defend Rosberg for 4 corners from restart. Call it tricky conditions!
The definition of "tricky conditions" is always tricky. Hamilton wanted to go racing because a race was his only realistic chance of being in the title hunt. Call it show off, call it desperation, but he was willing to race.
Webber on the other hand was willing to sit in there as that would have suited him nicely.
Usually aquaplaning is a major problem, but I hardly recollect any driver spinning due to that in the race. Second issue was of spray, and once the cars space out, I think the on board footage revealed that the spray wasnt a hugh issue, but an issue it was for sure.
I repeat that these are supreme cars, and talented drivers. They are very well trained and paid millions to drive in such conditions, any conditions. I am OK with the first red flag of the race, but amount of time spent behind the safety car was on track when the race restarted was a joke.
Old 26th October 2010, 13:27   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Why are we comparing Schumi the Legend with Alonso. Alonso can never achieve half of what Schumi has achieved or ever will achieve in his F1 career.

But must say, his fortunes favoured him at Korea.

The last 2 tracks will suit Red-bulls the most, so cant say about Ferrari making amends.
Alonso can never achieve what MS has -
he will NEVER drive anybody into a wall and
he will NEVER park his car in the middle of the track at Monaco to spoil everybody's last qualifying run!

2 races later FA might already win almost half of MS's WDC (3 vs 7)
I predict he will end his carrer with no less than 5 WDCs

Mark my words.. FA will soon be widely considered among the F1 greats.
Old 26th October 2010, 13:49   #74
Senior - BHPian

Well, let's not get into comparisons. That leads to nowhere.

With two races remaining, there is an interesting possibility ahead. RedBulls have the pace to get 1-2 in the last two races. Alonso will be the best of the rest. If they finish in that order, this is how the WDC standings on last lap of the season look like:
Alonso: 231+15+15 = 261
Webber: 220+18+18 = 256
Vettel: 206+25+25 = 256

RedBull can ensure the WDC by asking Vettel to let Webber pass him, which i am sure they will not do, because Vettel is still in contention and will be WDC if Alonso retires on last lap. Will it come down to this?
Old 26th October 2010, 14:11   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
Alonso can never achieve what MS has -
he will NEVER drive anybody into a wall and
he will NEVER park his car in the middle of the track at Monaco to spoil everybody's last qualifying run!
Yeah,
But he will brake test a driver and cause him to crash ( Nurburgring 2003 ? )
Blackmail team boss if not given number one treatment
Park his car in the pitlane and spoil his teammate's qualifying run
Use other team's information got through illegal sources to try to gain advantage

Need i go on ?

Last edited by Newpunter : 26th October 2010 at 14:14.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks