Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2004, 06:38   #16
BHPian

hey toyota, good to have you here, now we can have some toyota discussions..

i pretty much like toyotas, but lets not even begin with the new camry, I think its the ugliest car in its class. its predecessors were much much better looking... sorry to say that...i know i wouldnt like to heard that if i am working for the company, but thats just my opinion.

infact, I hate the ES300 as well(since it is designed on the same platform and style as the camry).. but some good news love the lexus/toyota SUVs, they are the best...even the LS is awesome(except its tail lights)..but overall toyota has done wonders and created some awesome awesome machines, giving tough competitions to the the germans in all aspect..

moving on...i hope we get to hear some breaking news from you..so that we can beat the press release and other magazines on news from toyota by few days at the least

Anyhow..

welcome and hope to see you around more often..

Cheers
Old 5th March 2004, 13:43   #17
GTO
Team-BHP Support

For someone nicknamed after the company and a self-proclaimed fan, I must say you are awfully critical of the Indian arm and its products.

GTO
Old 6th March 2004, 22:16   #18
BHPian

Hai
Hmm ,regarding the Digital Clock , let me tell you the trick . Dont go for the company one , as it is expensive. And you will not be connecting that to any existing wiring or Toyota cannot deny any warranty voilation. So go for a local one .I am not sure about the cost !, but for that money you can get a cool digital watch for yoruself !.
But if you wanna but a bull guard , go for the company one as the bull guards are crash proof .
Crash proof means when it meets with an accident , it crumbles and braks off not damaging the vehicles chassis .
If you go for the local ones , they are strong but damage the chassis.
But the thing is , the bullguard given by the camapanies are very expensive but it is worth it .
Old 6th March 2004, 23:07   #19
BHPian

Hmm looks !
It is a difficult question for Toyota .
The designs are very traditional and sobre.
They sell Quality not Looks .
In the stagnent market like US or Europe looks matter a lot , so Toyota tries to improve the design .But when it comes to Quality they are best .
Infact in a recent survey , Camry the best selling car ini the US had an average buyer age of 35 - 40 yrs. And you can imagine beofre reaching the age of 35 yrs the person would have used many other cars . So looking at this factor in the US market they went for a new brand called SCION which is targeted on the 25-30 yrs age group.
They launched 2 cars and it was a big sucess and seeing this HONDA is planning to go for a new brand !
The fact is Toyota is doing lot of changes in the design side . But at present the Camry what you see in India or the Corolla (let me not tell anything about the Qualis) are not so good looking. I dont think anyone wants to see the Indian Corolla with that Ground Clearance .!!
QUalis is looking like that OLD LIFEBOY soap box !
But what they sell is Quality , that is where even the Top three couldnt compete with .
India is a growing and promising market .
I hope Toyota will come up with new and good looking models soon .
Old 6th March 2004, 23:17   #20
BHPian

HI again ,
Toyota gives best cars and best service .
But if you have lived and used Toyota abroad , dont have the same feeling when you are in India .
The Toyota Service and the Toyota products are totally different , the dealer approach is different . So do not have high expectation.
Just live with it
Old 7th March 2004, 01:51   #21
Senior - BHPian

i heard about the Camry having suspenssion and steering issues and that 97 Camrys' were returned back to the company.

Whats all that about?

Regards...
Shan2nu
Old 7th March 2004, 04:12   #22
BHPian

Its not just camary a million cars are recalled practically in a couple of years by different manufactures who are known for their quality, its just that its difficult to say that this product is absolutely bug free.

I think VW is a little better than toyota interms of quality and reliability but still sometime last year they had 1/2 a mil cars recalled if i remember correctly..also lots of others...

L8r
Old 7th March 2004, 09:05   #23
BHPian

As said Toyota cannot make a bug free car, but lesser the problem in the driveline and some important parts -it is better for the Customers
Qualis, Corolla and Camry arent bug free! Even the most expensive cars have their service network to resolve or handle the After Sales Servcie .
VW is also good in Quality but they had less models in the SUV and MUVs segment. Anyway this is a sales factor but in general they make good cars.
Infact i had an VW Golf few years back !
Old 7th March 2004, 09:11   #24
BHPian

1. I am not sure about this Camry having problems in Steering and Suspension.
2. If they have they would have taken efforts to solve that , as Camry falls in a expensive segment
3. And as such if they have any problems in Camry Toyota can ract quickly to solve as this product is there Globally and it is one of their premium cars.
Other problems are
a. Horns fail
b.Window regulators fail or gets struck
c.Be careful with speedbrakers, the GC is lesser.
d.The gear shift is soft but when you move the lever it makes a THUD noise.
Old 7th March 2004, 12:50   #25
BHPian

I am trying to add avtar , but am quite confused !!
Old 7th March 2004, 12:55   #26
Senior - BHPian

Confused about what. Can't find suitable one?

Regards...
Shan2nu
Old 7th March 2004, 14:00   #27
Team-BHP Support

Hey Toyota,

Im assuming you are unsure of the process...if so >

To put an image as your avatar goto your control panel>personal info>avatar options> and right at the bottom click browse, then choose the file on your computer that u want set as your avatar. Then click upload.

Hopefully that should be it? .....but i did it another way since this option was not available then. Let us know what the problem is

cya
Rehaan
Old 8th March 2004, 20:10   #28
BHPian

This model has been shown in all the recent auto shows and is to be launched by late 2005 in US market.For more details , just type TOYOTA FTX in any search engine.
Old 9th March 2004, 14:58   #29
BHPian

GM India is all set to launch Tavera ( Isuzu Panther ) . It is going to price the low end strip down version for 5.6 lakhs. The power train is powered by 2.5 L Turbo Diesel Engine. The company promises a 20 % more fuel efficiency than the present competitors , Qualis and Scorpio .That means that if Qualis give a mileage of 12KM/L then Tavera will give 14KM/L.
Currently Tavera is a tough competitor in Indonesia and one of the best selling models for GM . Just see the pictures of KIjang and Panther in Indonesia .
Old 9th March 2004, 18:18   #30
Senior - BHPian

The Kijang looks much better than the Qualis on sale out here . Wonder if Toyota will replace the Qualis with this Kijang. The Panther looks like a mix between a van and an MPV

Cheers
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks