BHPian

Some more pictures of FTX
Old 27th March 2004, 22:27   #63
BHPian

If this replaces the Qualis ?
Old 30th March 2004, 20:26   #64
BHPian

How to Increase your mileage in Qualis?
The design of most of the MUV s and SUVs are tall, and more taller the more the coefficient of drag is high .So the mileage will be lesser than any normal cars .And you all know that Qualis is very boxy and square and there is nothing called Aerodynamic !!!
Qualis gives an Average of 12- 14 Kmpl.And again the mileage differes bcoz of various factors .
But in general there are few things which can be taken care to improve the mileage .

1. First is the fuel that you fill in.Fill fuel from a good fuel station in your locallity. Dont fill till the brim, the fuel may expand on heat and leak out. The accumulation of dust near the cap is the eveidence for this.SO fill little less.
2. Try to fill up in the morning, when the ambient temperature is less. Fuel expands on heat.
3. Always check the Tyre pressure. Under infalted tyre will have more friction to the road and so will consume more fuel.
4. Clean and replace the Air filters. Make the engine breath free. Chocked filters lead to incomplete combustion. So unburnt fuel goes out in exhaust .
5. Keep the engine well tuned
6. Check brakes. Draging brakes will lead to excess fuel consumption. Check and adjust your brakes
7. Change your driveline parts lubricants periodically. Gear Box oil , Differentail Oil , Engine Oil should be changed periodically . Used oil is thicker and offer resistacne to moving parts .
8. While driving on highway for long distance , try to close all the windows as it offers less air resistance .
9. Avoid puuting loads of luggage on the roof and if not necessary remove the roof carrier.
10.Check for clutch slipping . The more the cluthc slips the more the power is lost and do not rest your foot on the clucth pedal.
11. Qualis engine starts without any problem even in cold condition .so there is no need to acc hard after starting .
12. Even while stopping , there is no need to revv the engine
13. Shift to the highest gear as earlier as possible.
14. If you are going to stop in a signal more than a 2 minutes ., switch off the engine
15. Plan your drive and start ealrier to your destinationto avoid speeding .
16. Never step hard on the accelerator pedal.
17. When you are on highway , cruise in a constant speed and never cross 80 .
18. Never touch higher speeds when the engine is yet to warm up .

Drive safe , always wear the Seatbelts
Old 30th March 2004, 21:52   #65
BHPian

Also switch on AC when needed. After you park in hot sun , vent out the air before you switch on the AC.In case of a single AC , have a partition after the second row seat for better cooling
Old 31st March 2004, 00:00   #66
Senior - BHPian

you are a toyota fanatic. sad though, i just sold my qualis sometime back. i used to get about 10 kmpl though.
Old 31st March 2004, 10:53   #67
BHPian

I am a Toyota Fanatic but i too know the negatives of this Car and dont mind talking about it !
Old 31st March 2004, 23:50   #68
BHPian

hey , i think you all know that the Corolla brakes are as poor as that of Ikon . hmm we cant campare both but the brakes in corolla is pathetic !!
Old 1st April 2004, 04:12   #69
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (toyota @ Mar. 31 2004,22:20)]hey , i think you all know that the Corolla brakes are as poor as that of Ikon . hmm we cant campare both but the brakes in corolla is pathetic !!
Are they??

I have driven the corolla briefly.... and i was impressed with the stopping power!.....

Are the brakes just bad or is it a case of brake fade?

Cya
R
Old 1st April 2004, 09:04   #70
BHPian

The brakes actually lock if you press on it very hard . and as you know the early it locks , the more it drags and more the distance it takes to stop . So you may feel the brakes are not effective . But the fact is if you know how to apply brake , it will be fine .
Old 1st April 2004, 09:28   #71
BHPian

How to modify the boxy Qualis !
Old 1st April 2004, 16:06   #72
BHPian

NORMALL CRAZY
Great to have u on board keep our feet to the pedal as u cruise on Team Bhp highway welcome man
Old 1st April 2004, 16:06   #73
Senior - BHPian

Is thera ctually a way to modify the Qualis? Idont think so. Just replace it with the Kijang

Cheers
Old 1st April 2004, 16:19   #74
Team-BHP Support

I guess the pics are gone now!.....but the one that toyota posted was decent looking...atleast from the angle that the pic was taken. It was basically just a raised suspension with larger tires offset outwards and a front bumper and foglights on a white qualis.

Darn.....the fact that all our pics have dissappeared is gonna be painful..especially for new members who will have no clue what the discussion is about since they never ever got to see the pics...

well anyway..
cya
R
Old 1st April 2004, 16:21   #75
Senior - BHPian

There was one Qualis I had seen with a DC pro kit.. was it the same one

Cheers
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks