Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2012, 01:40   #46
BHPian

Re: My Ambassador

Read your review today. Straight from the heart. It shows how much you love know about the old horse. Ambassadors were once daily commute in our family but due to frequent restorations and primarily tinkering jobs we sold it. It was about 12-13 years back. My mom especially till now loves comfy back seat that amabassadors often which even luxury cars dont give the same. All the best in your restoration work. I believe anything that is done with passion will turn out perfect .
Old 20th February 2012, 14:14   #47
BHPian

@ itszain - Thanks for your Comments...What you say is correct.Maintaining Amby is bit different from other cars.

Tinkering is always a main point.
By God's grace ,I have some money now to restore my car.Every single person in my native will tell to sell the car.Even i too know about how much am spending.But I love this car a lot.I have no words to express that.

I will update the images of the project by this week.

Thanks
Old 26th February 2012, 11:37   #48
BHPian

Last week the wiper channel search started,but could not able to get a single peace around Coimbatore.

As per the Tinker comments,This is the first time this is going to be replaced.Car Body is 43 years old.Anyway if could not able to get it,planning to design a peace and fix it out.
Old 26th February 2012, 11:51   #49
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaheshkumar View Post
Last week the wiper channel search started
What is wiper channel?

Nice to see your work in progress. Work on my car didn't happen for close to three months. Elderly tinker guy fell ill and finally left the job. New guy was suppose to take over last month. I'm in Mumbai now and difficult to track day to day progress. Most probably I'll make a trip to Bangalore next week.
Old 27th February 2012, 19:14   #50
BHPian

@Rudhra :
I have attached the image of where the wiper channel located.(The area where the bonnet inches sit)

How about the new Tinker,Whether he is experienced.

Its really very very difficult to manage the work progress of your Amby,Since you are far away from your machine.
Dont you feel of missing your drive in your car for such a long time.Because i am very much missing it and eagerly waiting for the work to be completed very soon.

If we spending money and not got the work right (Perfection) means,its the worst thing to digest.

I am concentrating much on the holes put in the car.(For AC tubes,Wiring,Power steering box connection place)..I dont want to give room for the hot air to enter the cabin.Anyways i will update the status of the work weekly.

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
My Ambassador-2.jpg  

Last edited by dmaheshkumar : 27th February 2012 at 19:16. Reason: extra words
Old 27th February 2012, 21:15   #51
BHPian

Nice to see your car being worked upon. if there's anything that's different about the amby, it's the ruggedness. In Kolkata, you can see 30 year old cars still being used without any modifications or major repairs.
The fuel lid on the boot has been changed. Is that internally operable, as I don't see any keyhole. Could you please tell us how this modification was accomplished?
Old 28th February 2012, 09:28   #52
BHPian

@Nissan180 : The fuel lid opening is like the latest cars.A small lever is been fitted below the (right side) driver seat.It is operated through the cable.

There are some complications in this type....There will be a hole inside the opener,If that hole got blocked due to some dust..that's all..In rainy times then my tank will be full of diesel and water..

This time am planning for a different positioning of the inner valve and the holes.
Old 1st March 2012, 09:13   #53
BHPian

@ Rudhra :
The situation which you faced turned to me tooo...My tinker due to some problem in his eyes , he left to his home town.

In the consultation with Doctor, He was advised to Operate as soon as possible.I think for the next 10 to 15 days , there will be no work.

He told his friend (another Tinker) to take over the job,because there is only 5 to 6 days of work left.But i am not comfortable in that.I confirmed him , that i will wait.My Tinker is very good in his work.So it will be nice, only if he finishes to perfection.

I helped him and told to take rest well..Health is one of the important Factor in life...So now planning to talk to the Mechanic to fix the Steering bed bolt and the Temperature gauge.

Last edited by dmaheshkumar : 1st March 2012 at 09:15. Reason: extra words
Old 13th March 2012, 18:51   #54
BHPian

Hi,
Today Work started again in full force with God's grace.Tinker came back after 2 weeks vacation due to some eye problem.

He confirmed that, the delivery will be made with in 15 days time from him.
Old 20th March 2012, 14:21   #55
BHPian

that's good news Mahesh. Please do post the photographs of the car once it's ready. btw: wat's the color? have you decided? are you redoing all the electrical work?

Last edited by nevertouchme : 20th March 2012 at 14:23.
Old 22nd March 2012, 10:45   #56
BHPian

Dupont White is the color which i have decided.But planning to check for different types of white colors.

I planned for Completely new electrical kit, But the guys who are experienced are very busy with their work.But anyway, its already around 6 months done.

So am not sure whether i will 100% get a Wiring kit.

Surely i will update the pictures as soon as possible.
Old 12th May 2012, 15:56   #57
BHPian

Hi Mahesh,

How is the progress of the build? hope things are going according to plan. I have purchased a Amby with the intent of restoring it, since we both are from cbe hope to meet you to check on the details, please call me at 9047077783.
Old 23rd May 2012, 12:21   #58
BHPian

Hi all,
The work is on track but not as per the schedule.Doors fitted,Mudguard also lined up.

Dashboard and console designs are finalised by me by end of this week..Still some slight alterations are going on for freezing the design.

For me Time contraint is the main issue.I dont know when exactly it will be done.Some times i will think that we can drop the idea of designing a console.
Anyways, I am trying my level best.

Nice talking to you MAKESH, will meet soon.
Old 19th September 2013, 06:31   #59

I have a 1970 Amby (single owner - bought by my father) still with petrol engine - now running on LPG. Its fitted with electronic igniter system. I want to upgrade the brake system and fit AC. Looking for leads in Coimbatore. I am at Palakkad.
Old 11th May 2016, 23:17   #60

Dear Friends,
I am planning to buy a 2005 grand ambassador diesel car. Since you are ambassador car experts, I am asking from you. Did this model come with A/C cabin filter?

Thanks,
Rakkesh

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks