Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2006, 23:59   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
7. I have taken a 2 Yr TMP. Got a Corporate Discount of Rs.9250 equivalent in extra warranty or reduction in price in TMP. I chose TMP, which I believe should be good....more on that when I experiecne how it is administered !

1. My DTE Meter seems faulty. The warning glow did not activate at 80 KM, or even at 40 KM.
Whats TMP and DTE???
Old 20th February 2006, 08:02   #17
Senior - BHPian

DTE is distance to empty. The octy has it.
Old 20th February 2006, 08:07   #18

Fiesta 1.6 SXI

Nitrous....Clarification to your question ;

TMP : Total Maintenance Plan ; 2 Yrs/30000 KMS priced at Rs.13300 takes care of all maintenance labor and spares required during service actions. Excluded is tires, and accident damages.

DTE : Distance to Empty Meter ; Part of the instrument cluster in the SXI / ZXI model which displays travel distance possible before tank needed refuelling. This is calculated real time, and adjusts itself based on the driving pattern.
Old 20th February 2006, 12:32   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinivasd
Issues :
1. My DTE Meter seems faulty. The warning glow did not activate at 80 KM, or even at 40 KM.
Srinivasd, welcome to the Fiesta club, good to know that someone else has a SXI in Delhi;

Get it replaced ASAP - mine came on around 80 km DTE so no point taking chances on this one.

You seem to have been taking it easy in terms of speed as I have; one question for you - have you noticed a whine when in 5th gear above speeds of 70 kmph? Or even in 4th when you decelerate?

By the way, ABS or non-ABS (I presume non since you got it reasonably quick)?

Last edited by suman : 20th February 2006 at 12:34.
Old 20th February 2006, 12:48   #20

Fiesta 1.6 SXI

Suman....Thanks, and you provide good reviews ! Yes, I need to get the DTE replaced which I will do at 1st service. I have not felt any whine at 70KMPH+/5th gear, for whatever little I have pesonally driven. May be I will observe again. Mine is just the normal SXI...no ABS/EBD. Delivery was far too long for EBD, and I wanted a car sooner. Please let us know anything good/bad that you may observe...helps us all.

There is another review of Fiesta SXI/Accent/NHC by bbc sport on the message board of indiacar.com. Take a look at it.

Thanks again,
Old 21st February 2006, 11:07   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinivasd
Suman....Thanks, and you provide good reviews !

There is another review of Fiesta SXI/Accent/NHC by bbc sport on the message board of indiacar.com. Take a look at it.

Thanks again,
Thanks friend! Which dealer did you take delivery from, was it Harpreet Ford? If so, are you sending it for the 1st service to VK or Gurgaon? Let me know.

I've taken delivery from Harpreet Ford and had a tough time pushing for a quick delivery for ABS/EBD - it eventually took almost 6 weeks, they had ONE car that finally arrived and I grabbed it!
Old 21st February 2006, 16:26   #22

Fiesta 1.6 SXI

Suman, I got mine from Samara Ford. Currently traveling. May get the 1st service done sometime around March 10 or so.
Old 24th February 2006, 12:39   #23
Senior - BHPian

1.6 sxi now with a spoiler

Hi guys, got a spoiler fitted last evening, dealer said it was the first one they had fit so far so I guess she's a pioneer of sorts so to speak (at least in the NCR, dunno about Mumbai & the South)!

2nd tank full last evening, mileage lower than last time - 11.3 kmpl. Possible reasons could be more use of AC with the summer setting in. Also, I got my tyre pressures checked at the last tank full and it was higher than the recommended 30 so it was brought down, I'm wondering if that has had an effect. (Srinivasd, I was a little worried this time after reading your post about the DTE but the warning lamp came on smack at 80 km DTE!)

Its going to be a month tomorrow, done 1100 kms plus so 1st service is being done tomorrow; will keep you guys posted. Here are a few pictures of our moon-dust silver beauty (including some pre-spoiler ones)

Last edited by suman : 24th February 2006 at 12:41. Reason: Update
Old 24th February 2006, 17:30   #24
Senior - BHPian

Good initial report and nice pics of the car, the fuel efficiency figures are good for 1.6 fiesta.
Enjoy your new ride.

Last edited by sridhar24 : 24th February 2006 at 17:32.
Old 24th February 2006, 18:25   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar24
Good initial report and nice pics of the car, the fuel efficiency figures are good for 1.6 fiesta.
Enjoy your new ride.
Thanks mate! Cheers...
Old 28th February 2006, 09:51   #26
Senior - BHPian

1st service done on Saturday at 1155 kms on the odo; as I was mentioning on Lambo's post on the TDCI, not much is done in the 1st service - no filter changes etc. They checked all the fluid levels and asked me if I had any specific gripes, washed and vacuumed the car really well and let me go.

I had their service manager test the car after it was done (apparently one of the stipulations from Ford) and I had a gripe about a whine I felt post 70kmph in 5th gear - he explained that this happened between 70 & 90 (that was correct, I'd not mentioned the upper band), part was turbo coming into play and it was also due to the increased pressure on the water pump and apparently nothing to worry about.

I've now started opening her out occasionally and I'm sure my FE will go down a bit because of this - in any case, with no change of filters or any of the settings, I don't think any INCREASE can be expected post 1st service!

Srini, let us know your experience once your 1st service is done. Let also share your impressions about the knowledge levels of the service team at Samara
Old 28th February 2006, 12:44   #27

Fiesta 1.6 SXI

Suman.....Thanks for your update. I will post my feedback after 1st service.....hopefully in about 7-10 days.
Old 12th March 2006, 19:31   #28
BHPian

nice review...do keep us updated .... i think its a wonderful ...and i think it looks rather simple...but nice...driven a friend's fiesta ...the 1.6 with drive-by-wire throttle is very responsive ...very good performance... i think the mileage figures as reported above are very good figures for a car with that power , considering that the duratec does not have variable valve technology , like the ford zetec VCT(variable cam timing) on the ford focus 1.6 ... imagine that engine in the fiesta .... wld teach the city vtec a thing or two.

i do like the car alot and i personally would prefer it over the city vtec cause its more value for money...i dont mind loosing by a bit in a drag.

njoy the car
Old 12th March 2006, 20:42   #29

Fiesta 1.6 SXI

Update after the 1st service @ 1225 KMS last week by Samara Ford. The folks were courteous, and maintained their timelines. Got an underbody anti-rust coating done. The 1st service is pretty standard, and I think they did a fair job of it. I had an issue with the DTE meter (indicator not glowing @ 80KMS). This got fixed. I do feel the suspension a little too hard -- shows up as some discomfort in the rear seat on some unleveled roads. They tell me that's the way the Fiesta is designed. I am presently checking out the fuel burn ; I don't think it will go beyond 11 KMPL in Delhi city driving. I do enjoy the stability of the car at speeds of 90KMPH+, especially driving in the last week's rain/hailstorm. It feels reassuring. The lights are just great; better than most cars I driven in. I am used to driving with my left hand...wished the steering wheel movement was a bit more softer for city maneuvring. All in all, till date it feels value for money. Let us keep exchanging notes. There will be a lot to learn ...-->
Old 21st March 2006, 17:23   #30
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Fiero...and thanks for the update Srini (sorry, had missed out these posts earlier); yeah, I think the mileage will settle around 11 kmpl what with the summer coming up and more use of the a/c as well as the fact that with the running-in period over (crossed 1600 kms today), I've been happily flooring the pedal quite a bit....and enjoying the power!

I agree with you on the lights Srini, they are quite superb, especially on high beam - of great help at nights on fast empty stretches.

Got thumped on the rear bumper the evening before Holi while stuck in a traffic jam during heavy rain - an Indica bumped it hard with its bumper guard...luckily no dent as such though 2 one centimeter marks left behind as souvenirs! Car sprayed with green color on holi afternoon while parked outside the house but that has almost disappeared (thank god!).

We had planned a trip to Kasauli (Himachal) last weekend but that didn't materialize so yet to see how she performs on the highway but, from what I've seen so far on empty stretches, will not be disappointing, ride quality has been very good so far and we are all very happy with the low noise levels while cruising.

I'm beginning to appreciate the value of little "extras" more & more as time goes by - like the glove compartment light (very handy), the outside temperature display, the numerous bottle & cup holders, kids love the rear center armrest......invaluable of course are the DTE meter & the power OSRVM adjustment.

A gripe - wish the bonnet opener was on the driver's side.....

Cheers!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks