Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2008, 16:14   #166
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Suman, what exactly is the problem with the XM1s, you were referring to?
Absolutely no problems with the XM1+s - I was referring to Ishan's experience with his PPs, particularly with respect to Michelin's attitude towards warranty replacments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Looks like you finally started using the camera that you have.
The camera's now due for a replacement, LOL! Just that I've not focussed much on the rides

Last edited by suman : 1st October 2008 at 16:16.
Old 1st October 2008, 17:10   #167
Senior - BHPian

Good work there Suman! And glad to know the tyre choice has been the right one!

And don't worry about the Michelin issue, I'm working on it & they're in the same office building as you anyway!
Old 1st October 2008, 17:21   #168
Senior - BHPian

That was a terrible expreience you had. How do you keep such drivers who does not know what to do first?

OT: Sorry, Suman. That was hilarious. It lightened up the moment I read this. Could not resist smile on my face.
Old 2nd October 2008, 05:07   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexister View Post
Even I had started getting this noise once in a while. I think its the same old handbrake rod or harness at the rear which was reported a lot when the Fiestas had been launched.

I actually looked under the rear left wheel & you can clearly see two rods really close by & they will touch under certain conditions. I noticed that very small ( size of mustards) get caught in this gap giving rise to a sharp abrasive noise. I cleaned it out once & put on some grease & there has been no noise so far. Try it out.
This Noice is observed by me on my 2007 Fiesta too.. It is the Shock Absorber noice. U can do a test to reproduce this scenario:
1. Start the vehicle, Be in idle
2. Shift to 1st gear
3. Apply brake and a slight accerelator.
4. Now slowly release the brake and u would be able to hear the Shocks releasing back to their position and the noise is cos of that.
Old 3rd October 2008, 02:23   #170
BHPian

hi suman

the car looks nice (62k). whats the mileage u r gettting now? my vehicle (almost new) is giving only 10kmpl.
Old 3rd October 2008, 10:21   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benkey2 View Post
the car looks nice (62k). whats the mileage u r gettting now? my vehicle (almost new) is giving only 10kmpl.
Thanks. I'm getting between 10 & 10.5 now (last fill was 10.4), mileage has dipped after fitting the 185x65s, there was supposed to be a 2.2% difference but I think it may be a little more than that.

I'm told that Chennai traffic is terrible so I'd say the 10 kmpl that you're getting is pretty OK, once the engine settles a little more it should go up a bit.

Last edited by suman : 3rd October 2008 at 10:23.
Old 3rd October 2008, 10:55   #172
Senior - BHPian

10.5 Kmpl on a 1.6L Ford is really good. Your driver must be quite sedate. Good going Suman.
Old 3rd October 2008, 11:12   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
10.5 Kmpl on a 1.6L Ford is really good. Your driver must be quite sedate. Good going Suman.
Thanks John! Yeah, apart from his lack of proactiveness, he is a good driver & a safe one - one we can trust the kids with. In fact, one of the constant complaints about him (from the kids) is that he refuses to go beyond 80-100 on the expressway - to me, that's a huge plus. Also, we've never had any integrity issues with him, unlike a lot of other drivers that I keep hearing about.
Old 3rd October 2008, 15:27   #174
BHPian

I was just wondering is 10-10.5kmpl is the average I should expect.My 5 months old fiesta 1.6 gives around 12 and I though it is less and would increase.
Old 3rd October 2008, 16:29   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodak View Post
My 5 months old fiesta 1.6 gives around 12 and I though it is less and would increase.
I think you should be real happy & buy yourself a drinkcheers:. 12 kmpl consistently is real good, what's your commute like, which part of Delhi? As I mentioned, part of my drop is due to the tyre upsize.
Old 4th October 2008, 14:48   #176
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodak View Post
I was just wondering is 10-10.5kmpl is the average I should expect.My 5 months old fiesta 1.6 gives around 12 and I though it is less and would increase.
Zodak, are those highway figures, or in city figures? If the latter, then its very good for a 1.6.
Old 4th October 2008, 14:54   #177
BHPian

I mainly commute from Dwarka to Gurgaon through NH8 and on NH2 sometimes so are more or less highway figures. But then I just love revving it in 3rd gear. So those figures are fine for highway or should I change my driving style to get more FE?
Old 3rd December 2008, 14:34   #178
Senior - BHPian

Throttle Body cleaned

Some quick updates now that she's crossed 67k kms.

For the past two or three weeks, on early morning starts, the Orange Warning light (the circular one with a ring & an exclamation mark inside) was coming on. Would go away on switching off & then back on but would come back a couple of times more in the next half an hour or so. And then vanish for the rest of the day. The light pertains to the Engine Management Systems and cuts off the throttle (you can just about crawl along at low revs).

Just wasn't finding time to send it to the workshop for a Diagnostics check (IDS is available at Gurgaon, not at VK) but since it was getting progressively worse, sent it across to Harpreet Ford Gurgaon yesterday. IDS indicated a throttle body issue so it was cleaned thoroughly & IDS was reset after deleting the error code. Guy asked me to keep a close watch & if it reappeared, they'd change the throttle body under extended warranty (bloody thing costs 25k).

All was fine this morning, hope it doesn't come back. Three years mark coming up in Jan so I'll get her thoroughly checked up at the next service - I'll try & push them to replace anything that looks doubtful & is covered by the extended warranty. 'Cos, post-Jan, I'm on my own

With the onset of winter, the mileage has gone up - getting around 11.5-12 kmpl the last three tank fills, including substantial driving from yours truly.

Last edited by suman : 3rd December 2008 at 14:40.
Old 4th December 2008, 22:25   #179
BHPian

Very nice review Suman, 67k in less than 3yrs is COMMENDABLE.
I have been able to do just 13k in one year, using your car to the fullest.
Happy motoring pal.
Old 5th December 2008, 11:18   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidaford View Post
Very nice review Suman, 67k in less than 3yrs is COMMENDABLE.
I have been able to do just 13k in one year, using your car to the fullest.
Happy motoring pal.
Thanks mate! Just the long distance between Gurgaon & Delhi that has added on the kms

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks