Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2011, 13:50   #316
Senior - BHPian

re: Fiesta 1.6 SXI with ABS - 120,000 kms plus & still flying low!

Wow, thanks for the update. I have a few questions:-
  1. What was the price quoted for those parts they suggested you replace?
  2. How do you find the Yokos? I plan to change my tyres after a year, but wanted to know whether I should go for Michelin, Yokos or Pirellis.
Old 27th February 2011, 14:06   #317
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Wow, thanks for the update. I have a few questions:-
What was the price quoted for those parts they suggested you replace?
Thermostat Housing was in the region of 8k, gearbox mounting around 4k (IIRC) & Brake Discs would be around 3.5k. They said that coolant was leaking & I should get the housing changed - the leak is a miniscule one & I'll live with it till it gets out of hand. As for the gearbox mounting, I haven't really felt any jerks while releasing the clutch in first gear (which is what the symptoms are supposed to be).

But, I do realize that at 115k kms, some expenses arising out of wear & tear will creep in. More importantly, if I have to keep the car for another 6 months or so (looks like a possibility if I have to wait for the new Fiesta), I will have to invest some money. Let's see
Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
How do you find the Yokos? I plan to change my tyres after a year, but wanted to know whether I should go for Michelin, Yokos or Pirellis.
I'm quite happy with the Yokos - they fill the wheel arches well & ride comfort & handling is good. Find them better than the XM1+s that I was using earlier.

Last edited by suman : 27th February 2011 at 14:09.
Old 28th February 2011, 23:46   #318
Senior - BHPian

@Suman Sir, good to hear that the fiesta is doing her job rather fantastic. Please find my replies in bold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Thermostat Housing was in the region of 8k, gearbox mounting around 4k (IIRC) & Brake Discs would be around 3.5k. They said that coolant was leaking & I should get the housing changed - the leak is a miniscule one & I'll live with it till it gets out of hand.

Please check the coolant levels regularly, if the leak goes big, it can get troublesome. Also, if at all the leak gets bigger, get it direct from the engine bay, coolant will not enter the heater core and hence no leaks. Basically, there are two hoses, one from where coolant flows inside the heater core (inside car's dash) and the other where coolant flows out. Making it direct means you bypass the heater core and the coolant flows only inside engine and radiator. However, getting it direct means your heater (AC will work as normal) will not work. Since winters are almost over, getting it direct right now will be a good idea.

As for the gearbox mounting, I haven't really felt any jerks while releasing the clutch in first gear (which is what the symptoms are supposed to be).

For the gearbox mounting, ask your FNG to have a look and if it requires changing, ask them to change only the rubber mount (not the entire assembly), which should not cost more than 1k including labour. They will be pretty easily available in karol bagh. Gearbox mount of my cousin's lancer was changed for about Rs. 800 including labour.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 28th February 2011 at 23:48.
Old 1st March 2011, 10:18   #319
Senior - BHPian

Hey Gaurav, thats useful information about the hoses, thanks

Yup, driver is already keeping a close watch on the coolant levels. I will ask FNG about the mounting if I start feeling any jerks. I really need to hop across to Karol Bagh one of these days
Old 7th March 2011, 17:27   #320
Distinguished - BHPian

wow!!
wasnt this a mine of information!!
Thanks.
it was like watching a child grow up.

And thanks to you, i know the "FNG".
and i know to avoid HF gurgaon.
(although i AM with HF moti nagar).
definitely gonna try rakesh auto, although i have used the bumper repair guy you spoke of once(had a run in with a tavera cabbie, with the bullbars, once.), helps to know a fixer if you drive in gurgaon.
Again, thanks a ton, man!
Old 8th March 2011, 12:08   #321
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
wow!!
wasnt this a mine of information!!
Thanks.
it was like watching a child grow up.
And that's a nice post, thanks for stopping by
Old 8th March 2011, 12:42   #322
BHPian

@suman, your posts have offered a wealth of practical information.

With a vehicle that has run 75K + odd Kms., close to 5 years, the normal wear and tear related maintenance costs would have added up to a neat packet had I taken the car to Harpreet or South City. Thanks to the FNGs, life remains within budget.

With the growing number of Fortuners and Captivas in the neighbourhood, denting and painting costs have escalated dramatically. Again, thanks to the FNGs. Things remain under control.

For denting and painting, I find the local workshops in Mayapuri very cost effective. The one I particularly recommend is Raju & Bunty Workshop. (odd name, but they do a good paint job)
Old 2nd April 2011, 00:22   #323
BHPian

Suman, this is one great thread. Been glued to it for a few days - it's no less than a bible for Fiesta owners! I wonder why I've never gone through it before; maybe because I wasn't a Fiesta enthusiast then, and I regret that I had never driven one until recently.

Anyway, I'm almost the proud owner of a 2006 1.6 Sxi ABS myself - should close the deal in a few days. One TD was enough for me to go fida! Will make sure I post a short review in this thread for all the Fiesta fans

Thanks for the very storehouse of info and insights, and keep posting!
Old 2nd April 2011, 11:21   #324
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayushagarwal26 View Post
Anyway, I'm almost the proud owner of a 2006 1.6 Sxi ABS myself - should close the deal in a few days. One TD was enough for me to go fida!
Congrats in advance man, this is one heck of a car!

Right now, mine's crossed 115k kms on the odo & it keeps going on & on - apart from the fact that its getting on in years, I really don't have a reason to let it go

Sugeeta, thanks
Old 2nd April 2011, 14:15   #325
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Suman, this is one great thread. Been glued to it for a few days - it's no less than a bible for Fiesta owners! I wonder why I've never gone through it before; maybe because I wasn't a Fiesta enthusiast then, and I regret that I had never driven one until recently.

Anyway, I'm almost the proud owner of a 2006 1.6 Sxi ABS myself - should close the deal in a few days. One TD was enough for me to go fida! Will make sure I post a short review in this thread for all the Fiesta fans

Thanks for the very storehouse of info and insights, and keep posting!
Hey, congratulations!!!
You in delhi, i see.
Lets meet up sometime!
Old 2nd April 2011, 14:31   #326
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
Which brand it is ?? I hope Amaron, hearing too many good stories about amaron now-a-days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Ford has its own.........

I was just going through this thread and found an old interesting piece of info to clarify.

Ford has its own parts division known as Motorcraft which is the badging you see on all genuine parts and sometimes you also see the FoMoCo logo alongside.

However motorcraft does not make all of its own parts, most of them are made by reputed manufacturers and then badged as Motorcraft.

The battery as you can see is Motorcraft but is actually made by Amaron and is essentially the same amaron battery you get for 6.5K in the market, However, Ford supplies you the same battery for around 3K, only thing is that it is rebadged as motorcraft.
Old 3rd April 2011, 14:32   #327
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
The battery as you can see is Motorcraft but is actually made by Amaron and is essentially the same amaron battery you get for 6.5K in the market, However, Ford supplies you the same battery for around 3K, only thing is that it is rebadged as motorcraft.
Hmm, sounds too good to be true! Why would Ford incur losses?
Old 3rd April 2011, 16:50   #328
BANNED

You see ford is not incurring losses and neither is amaron. When you buy say 3 lakh batteries a year then it is not a loss to anyone as it is a bulk deal.
Old 4th April 2011, 01:06   #329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Hey, congratulations!!!
You in delhi, i see.
Lets meet up sometime!
Yup, I very much am. Would be more than glad to meet up - but only once i have the car to gloat about

Just waiting for things to get moving and of course, once the car's here, it's gonna be ICE time. Hope I can get enough time off from work - it's gonna be an exciting week, to say the least!
Old 4th April 2011, 09:38   #330
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yup, I very much am. Would be more than glad to meet up - but only once i have the car to gloat about

Just waiting for things to get moving and of course, once the car's here, it's gonna be ICE time. Hope I can get enough time off from work - it's gonna be an exciting week, to say the least!
I'll wait.
you know, you can put this time to doing research and sourcing the exact HU, and other ancillaries that you require.
It'd be a shame that you go directly to the accessory shop and find its not available.
Cheerios!
you're gonna have a lot of fun!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks