Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2012, 15:50   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Toyota Corolla 2004 - Long Term Ownership Report 55000KM

Quote:
Originally Posted by integra98 View Post
I was contemplating on buying a used 2005 H4 G AT TOCO. Its done 1 Lakh kms. That is the only concern.
Is this the post aug2005 model(the one with multispoke alloys and dark brown walnut finish on the climate control center console?

I own a H4 and would advise you to check the engine old cold start - just see if any abnormal noise can be heard in the cabin.

Also please note that this is a 4-speed AT and will be a bit heavy on the wallet on fuel ; I get approx 11kmpl in my City.B'Lore with its bad traffic should get you about 9.5-10.

worth owning if you get service history and at 4lacs
Old 9th January 2012, 18:48   #32

I have finalized a Jan 2005 Corolla H4 G AT that has done 1,18000 kms. The seller is Toyota Pre-owned cars division. Car is in pristine condition. Very well maintained. Took a test drive and no abnormal noises from the engine, In fact very sweet sounding one. AC is good. Interiors very well maintained. Suspension was good. I do understand there are limitations to a 4-speed auto. But I am not hoping to do any major revving with this one. Just wanted a nice comfortable ride and will not be doing more than 10 kms a day.

The asking price was 4L.
Finalized it for 3.6 Lakhs.

No warranty as it has crossed the 5 year mark. However they will provide the whole service history and all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
Is this the post aug2005 model(the one with multispoke alloys and dark brown walnut finish on the climate control center console?

I own a H4 and would advise you to check the engine old cold start - just see if any abnormal noise can be heard in the cabin.

Also please note that this is a 4-speed AT and will be a bit heavy on the wallet on fuel ; I get approx 11kmpl in my City.B'Lore with its bad traffic should get you about 9.5-10.

worth owning if you get service history and at 4lacs
Old 9th January 2012, 19:52   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ lovely

The best part is that the odo has not been tampered with

I am also surprised that Toyota U-Trust gave away the car without much fuss on the price.

Enjoy your ride ; and please make sure you collect the service history before taking the car-please don't take their verbal assurances.
Old 20th January 2012, 23:41   #34
BHPian

@Integra, looks like a fair deal on the pricing front provided the car is the ver 2 corolla. You wouldn't have to worry on the miles clocked on the odo, there's plenty of life left in the engine. Hope you check all the service records and scan all around for any serious accidental repairs.
Old 14th February 2012, 12:33   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by integra98 View Post
I have finalized a Jan 2005 Corolla H4 G AT that has done 1,18000 kms.
=======================
No warranty as it has crossed the 5 year mark. However they will provide the whole service history and all.
Good deal and congratulations on buying a corolla. I am also on a hunt for a similar car and i also have a budget of 4 lakhs. Check with Nandi Toyota and currently they don't have any Automatic 2005 version available . I see lot of offers from other dealers and few owners but most of them are 2nd or 3rd owners and the car has changed several hands. How is the experience of Automatic and what mileage are you getting from the same. As i would be driving around 500kms a month. Hence i don't mind going for a AT. Your inputs will be appreciated.
Old 24th June 2012, 00:19   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dushie View Post
How is the experience of Automatic and what mileage are you getting from the same. As i would be driving around 500kms a month. Hence i don't mind going for a AT.
Unless you are particularly looking for auto box, IMHO Corolla with a manual box is the one to have to get the best of its potential, the 4 speed auto box does not do justice to a brilliant engine it has. Manual has better re-sale values too. Always remember there is a huge demand for a auto hatch in the used car market, and hardly any takers for big auto cars with petrol engines. Unless you are getting an unbelievable bargain or you always wanted to have a big auto car with a petrol engine, then go for it. In the city a auto box is a boon but why buy a big car like Corolla if usage is in the city only?
Old 26th June 2012, 00:36   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Toyota Corolla 2004 - Long Term Ownership Report 55,000 KM

@ Dushie,

An AT is the way to go if you're going to be using the car primarily in City ; and I believe Bangy traffic is real bad.

If you get a well mainatined 2004/05 Corolla AT for say 4lacs(by Bangy's high resale price standards) , it is a great deal.

The AT in the Corolla may be an outdated 4 speed box with a torque converter but I can tell you it is rock solid in terms of reliability - no oil changes requried at all.

My cousin in Chennai has a 2004AT for 3 years now and he just loves the way he reaches office with a cool head after going through the mad office hour rush.

I have been using a 2003 AT for close to 2 years now and have taken the car even to areas which autorickshaws won't dare to go ; I manage about 10-10.5kmpl in City with AC on always

Last edited by vigsom : 26th June 2012 at 00:38. Reason: addition
Old 26th June 2012, 16:57   #38

I know this may be a year late, but many thanks to dkaile for the thread and the pictures. I have to admit, when I was looking out for a replacement car, this thread and more specifically the pictures you put up and this write up helped me make up my mind. I finally, got delivery of my 1st ever Toyota, a 2005 H2 Corolla last week and I cant stop drooling over her

I'll put up pictures just as soon as i get a hang of uploading though I didn't want to hijack this thread so I felt it prudent to sign in first and say a big THANKS to dkaile and Team BHP for putting a smile on my face every time I get out on the road. Cheers!!
crazyleediamond is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2012, 17:28   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My cousin in Chennai has a 2004AT for 3 years now and he just loves the way he reaches office with a cool head after going through the mad office hour rush.

I have been using a 2003 AT for close to 2 years now and have taken the car even to areas which autorickshaws won't dare to go ; I manage about 10-10.5kmpl in City with AC on always
Am I reading this right? 10.5? Do you drive in peak hours? We get 8.5 in the i-10 AT:(

How much does your Chennai friend manage to get?
Old 26th June 2012, 20:25   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
Am I reading this right? 10.5? Do you drive in peak hours? We get 8.5 in the i-10 AT:(

Don't compare Hyundai to Toyota at all. Even for our Corolla MT, we get 12-13 KPL (with 1.8L 128 BHP engine) in city where as Santro with smaller engine used to give only 9-10 KPL under similar conditions. Toyota's are more fuel efficient than Hyundai. Even my 2005 Corolla AT (in USA) with 150K miles on odo still gives me 35 MPGs on highway and 30 MPGs in city.
Old 27th June 2012, 15:05   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post

Very right - 10.5 it is in real peak slow moving traffic.The trick is to use a light foot.

My cousin manages about 9.5 in Chennai.
Old 27th June 2012, 18:30   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Very right - 10.5 it is in real peak slow moving traffic.The trick is to use a light foot.

My cousin manages about 9.5 in Chennai.
I always found the Corolla to be quite fuel efficient for its size and power. I invariably used to get 10+ in Bangalore with my 2003 MT version. That too with no effort to maximise FE. On similar routes and driving style our Santro used to deliver about 11 only.

Having said that 10.50 for the AT is pretty good going. My two month old i10 AT is averaging about 9 in Bangalore city with 50% AC. This is with an extremely light foot and a conscious effort to maximise FE.
Old 27th June 2012, 18:54   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Quite true. My 9G MT Corolla gave me about 11.5-12 kmpl in the City and 15 kmpl on the highway. The 2008 Altis which has a remapped 1ZZ-FE engine gives 10-11 in city and 14.5 on the highway. All values with AC on.
Old 1st July 2012, 19:25   #44
Senior - BHPian

I am in the market for a used Corolla AT too, and chanced upon this thread, very lovely writeup and also experiences shared by other BHPians owning a corolla.

Reading this, I think I should go ahead with that 60k run, 2006 model now.
Old 1st July 2012, 19:39   #45
AWD
BHPian

My 04 Corolla completed 70k kms of spirited driving. Never missed a beat, though this sort of mileage is nothing for such petrol cars. Having problems with driver side seat belt, the belt does not recoil back & the shoulder adjuster does not stay/lock when adjusted at higher levels. Took the car to Authorised service centre, mechanic did some adjustments but the issue again re-surfaced on the same day.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks