Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2012, 07:21   #106
PCS
BHPian

re: My new Toyota Altis D-4D: The first one on TBHP! EDIT: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Dude thats scary. I am hearing about this for the first time. Any idea if this was a problem for only a batch or in all diesel cars? What was the batch of your friends car?

Also has the supposedly new car started selling already? My car was bought is sept,2011.

Mods and other members: Has anyone else got any information on the same? I remember we had a member who was associated with Toyota. Unable to recall his name. Can anyone help me with that?
Hello drmohitg, I have booked a new altis diesel. Pearl White colour mid grade DG. Delivery will be tomorrow. Spoke to manager who is from Toyota company working in tech department who was on dealer visit, as per him this problem was only in initially few cars since launch. Afterwards Toyota guys have increased the injection pressure and change silencer parts... This problem was solved long long back during the car launched in jul 2010. But mate don't worry, this is an fabulous car!!! I will soon post my thread. Yes it might be less powered than cruze.... But for a 1.4 it does it's job very very good. You can never go wrong with a Toyota product. By the way. Can I ask you what is your service costs???
PCS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2012, 08:16   #107
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCS View Post
But for a 1.4 it does it's job very very good. You can never go wrong with a Toyota product. By the way. Can I ask you what is your service costs???
Thanks for that information. My car is sept, 2011 make so I am guessing it should be fine. Anyways will keep a tab on the engine oil levels.

Congrats on your car. You made the right choice. This is one gem of a car unless you are into drag racing. The best part about the engine is that its really very smooth and silent and you would not even realise that you are driving a diesel car. Its a very very revv friendly engine.

I took the smiles package for 10000 kms. Depending on your running you can take it till 20k kms too. Its valid for 1 year. For 10k kms it costed me Rs. 1500. Now I do not need to pay anything for both the 1k service and the 10k service. The same package costed around Rs. 2500 for 20k kms which would then include three services ie 1k, 10k and 20k or 1 year whichever is earlier. I think its a good idea to opt for it.
drmohitg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2012, 15:25   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I took the smiles package for 10000 kms. Depending on your running you can take it till 20k kms too. Its valid for 1 year. For 10k kms it costed me Rs. 1500...The same package costed around Rs. 2500 for 20k kms which would then include three services ie 1k, 10k and 20k or 1 year whichever is earlier.
That's a seriously good package! For 20K kms, you will need to spend only 2500/-. Is this package available only for Altis?
Old 11th March 2012, 15:42   #109
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
That's a seriously good package! For 20K kms, you will need to spend only 2500/-. Is this package available only for Altis?
Yea it is a good package. It covers all your general maintenance and Labour. Ofcourse if you need to get your brake pads changed etc you will have to pay for the same or claim it under warranty whatever is applicable. This basically includes your general service like filter change, oil change, washing etc and the labour cost for the same. You can renew the package every year to cover for the next services that you will encounter in that year. The rates may vary slightly depending upon what all is carried out in that service.

According to the SA by this package you get a discount of around 15% from the normal charges and price protection for the consumables that might happen in that year. Even otherwise Toyota service costs are reasonable to a large extent.

Its available for all the cars and the rates can vary slightly depending upon the car. The good thing about it is its very convenient. All I need to do is tell them my Smiles pack ID number and send the booklet for the same to them and I am done. So there is no headache of cash payments or my driver fleecing me since I don't need to give him any cash to pay there.

Last edited by drmohitg : 11th March 2012 at 15:43.
Old 11th March 2012, 15:47   #110
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
You can renew the package every year to cover for the next services that you will encounter in that year. The rates may vary slightly depending upon what all is carried out in that service.
Till how many kilometers or services can we extend it?

Quote:
Its available for all the cars and the rates can vary slightly depending upon the car.
Am surprised - Have seen quite a lot of Toyota ownerships and never read about it I guess. Are other bhpians un-aware of this scheme or they don't consider it worth? To me this looks way too good to ignore!
Old 11th March 2012, 15:56   #111
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Till how many kilometers or services can we extend it?
You can keep renewing it for as long as you want. You need to calculate your approximate running. For instance they were offering me to take the pack for 3 services ie till 20k kms/ 1 year. But I would not reach 20k kms in a year so I took till only 10k kms and it costed me 1k less. At the time of renewal I can again get it renewed to cover the 20k service. If I anticipate increased running then I can opt for even the 30k km service to be included too. I hope I am able to explain it.

Quote:
Am surprised - Have seen quite a lot of Toyota ownerships and never read about it I guess. Are other bhpians un-aware of this scheme or they don't consider it worth? To me this looks way too good to ignore!
Well may be unaware or may be most people prefer getting the car serviced outside once the warranty is over. You do have to remember here that even otherwise according to the SA himself the 10k service for the Altis would cost me around 2k. If I opt for this pack I pay only 1.5k in the beginning itself and can get it done cashless at the time of the actual service. So the difference is not that much but its just more convenient I believe.

They have it for the Innova and the Altis for sure since I asked about both the cars. I am not too sure about the others but I don't see any reason for them to not have it.

Edit: Take a look at this link: http://www.toyotabharat.com/inen/q-service/smiles.aspx

Last edited by drmohitg : 11th March 2012 at 16:01. Reason: link added
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2012, 16:10   #112
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
At the time of renewal I can again get it renewed to cover the 20k service. If I anticipate increased running then I can opt for even the 30k km service to be included too. I hope I am able to explain it.
Yep. So one problem [if I may call it] with this is you can renew it ONLY once a year (?) and you should be able to forecast your running correctly for the year to make the most of it! If I could renew this every 6 months [ie, the cycle was 6 months instead of 1 year], then it would have been easier.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 11th March 2012 at 16:11.
Old 11th March 2012, 16:12   #113
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yep. So one problem [if I may call it] with this is you can renew it ONLY once a year (?) and you should be able to forecast your running correctly for the year to make the most of it! If I could renew this every 6 months, then it would have been easier.
Well according to the SA I can get it renewed whenever I want although I am not too sure about the detail since I am yet to renew mine. I doubt they will deny you a renewal if your running increases.
Old 11th March 2012, 17:29   #114
BHPian

Finally for a change i see this car !!!! . Everyone's buying a Verna these days . Nice car , good choice of colour . Do keep us posted on the Drive !
Happy and safe motoring !
Old 11th March 2012, 22:35   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

According to the SA by this package you get a discount of around 15% from the normal charges and price protection for the consumables that might happen in that year. Even otherwise Toyota service costs are reasonable to a large extent.

Smiles Package entitles you
-A discount of 10% in overall cost of the service.
-Free Wheel Alignment
-No Labour is charged in-case of any part need to be changed while service or schedule period.
-Some discounts and freebies for car cleaning treatments

Also do not forget to use Free pickup/drop coupons and free car interior cleaning coupon attached at the end of the smile booklet.

NO, I ain't a toyota salesman but a toyota corolla user. Recently I got my corolla serviced @ 90,000 kms for 2.7k under smiles only

Quote:
Well according to the SA I can get it renewed whenever I want although I am not too sure about the detail since I am yet to renew mine. I doubt they will deny you a renewal if your running increases.
No, they'll not. In case your running is increased you can always buy another package after using last one.
ashthedivx is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th March 2012, 22:52   #116
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
Also do not forget to use Free pickup/drop coupons and free car interior cleaning coupon attached at the end of the smile booklet.
Thanks for all that information. So have you used the car cleaning coupon? Do they do a good job? And any hidden charges for the same? I am planning to get my car washed ( have a coupon for that too) and will give it for interior cleaning too that time.

Quote:
No, they'll not. In case your running is increased you can always buy another package after using last one.
Yup that was precisely what I meant to say too.
Old 11th March 2012, 23:21   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for all that information. So have you used the car cleaning coupon? Do they do a good job? And any hidden charges for the same? I am planning to get my car washed ( have a coupon for that too) and will give it for interior cleaning too that time.
Yeah they do a okiesh job, It's a normal interior cleaning for which they charge around 1200 Rs otherwise.

No hidden charges, just handover the coupon while dropping car on service.
ashthedivx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2012, 14:22   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for that information. My car is sept, 2011 make so I am guessing it should be fine. Anyways will keep a tab on the engine oil levels.

Congrats on your car. You made the right choice. This is one gem of a car unless you are into drag racing. The best part about the engine is that its really very smooth and silent and you would not even realise that you are driving a diesel car. Its a very very revv friendly engine.

I took the smiles package for 10000 kms. Depending on your running you can take it till 20k kms too. Its valid for 1 year. For 10k kms it costed me Rs. 1500. Now I do not need to pay anything for both the 1k service and the 10k service. The same package costed around Rs. 2500 for 20k kms which would then include three services ie 1k, 10k and 20k or 1 year whichever is earlier. I think its a good idea to opt for it.
Agree with the refinement level of Corolla Diesel. It's ultra quiet and the flat peak torque ( which has been a trait of the D-4Ds ) from 1800 to 2800 rpms, ensures predictable and smooth acceleration.

The smile pack is something that I'm looking forward to. When I visited the service center last time, an innova owner recommended the smile pack for me. Will get more info on the Etios' smile pack when I visit the service center next time.
Old 2nd April 2012, 22:34   #119
Distinguished - BHPian

The first problem cropped up today in the car. The car has done 7100 kms and the next service is still 3k kms away. I was driving the car and went to a friend's place. When I started it again an hour later and switched on the AC, the AC started making a lot of noise. The noise was clearly from the fan and was very loud. It came only when I put the fan on high speeds ie more then level 3. There are total 6 levels. The noise is like as if I have started an exhaust fan. Took it straight to Toyota but it was already 6 in the evening. The guy at Galaxy Toyota suggested I do not use the AC. According to him there is something stuck in the Fan. I told him that is unlikely since my car is always parked in a basement parking. A rat might have got in but then I feel it would have created a huge stink if that was the case. So have booked an appointment for the day after at the service centre and will see whats the problem. The Toyota guy also mentioned that the AC fan is not covered under warranty in case it gets spoilt since any leaf or other stuff that might have got stuck in is owner's fault and not Toyota's.

Any idea on what can be the source of this sound? The cooling of the AC is as good as new and the fan doesn't make noise at low speeds. But creates a ruckus at high speeds.
Old 2nd April 2012, 22:47   #120
Senior - BHPian

^^
I doubt that it is rat which got stuck in the blower.

Last year when we were going to nanital in our accent, on the way same type of noise as mentioned by you started coming without effecting ac cooling, nor any stink was coming, but later on when we showed it to mechanic there was a rat in the blower.

So, high probability it may be a rat or something like tape or any same sort of thing got stucked in the blower.

Sameer
sameerg001 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks