Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2014, 09:15   #226
Distinguished - BHPian

re: My new Toyota Altis D-4D: The first one on TBHP! EDIT: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
It not likely that you will have damaged the Radiator and Condenser. Check with pressure test or check if there is any sort of leakage below radiator. This will confirm if there is any damage.
I couldn't find any leakage. Plus I drove the car for around 40 kms after the accident and its driving fine. The AC is also working fine.

Quote:
When my sister crashed Wagon R, Kiran motors did not have cashless facility, but we payed the amount and had to shell out around 35K out of 1.3 lakh repair bill.
Did you have a 0% dep policy on the Wagon R? What all did you have to pay for? AFAIK 0 dep policie's USP is that the customer doesn't need to pay anything apart from processing charges.
Old 1st June 2014, 10:30   #227
Team-BHP Support

That estimate is missing right side headlight, rest all looks ok.

If the AC is found ok the bill will reduce by 30K. Ofcourse the headlamp needs to be added. Luckily yours is the G model and not the GL else a single headlamp would have been 30K+
Old 1st June 2014, 10:49   #228
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
That estimate is missing right side headlight, rest all looks ok.

If the AC is found ok the bill will reduce by 30K. Ofcourse the headlamp needs to be added. Luckily yours is the G model and not the GL else a single headlamp would have been 30K+
Thanks for the reply Vid. Can you please also help me with the other queries regarding insurance? Do I have to pay for all those clips/nuts and bolts and consumables even with a 0 dep policy?
Old 1st June 2014, 10:53   #229
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Thanks for the reply Vid. Can you please also help me with the other queries regarding insurance? Do I have to pay for all those clips/nuts and bolts and consumables even with a 0 dep policy?
I don't have much experience with 0 dep insurance but going by previous experiences I'm pretty sure you are not expected to pay anything.

Zero dep takes care of consumables as well as all plastic parts. Do check your Tata AIG policy document. It will be very clearly mentioned. You can also call Tata AIG and they will explain it to you.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2014, 13:27   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Can you please also help me with the other queries regarding insurance? Do I have to pay for all those clips/nuts and bolts and consumables even with a 0 dep policy?

You need to pay for the claim charges and consumables in case of a zero dep claim.

Donot pay for anything else,usually the isurance guys try to charge you "salvage" for metal parts.But it is no where mentioned in policy and you every right to deny that!

Saying all this from personal experience with ICICI zero-dep insurance claims!

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Harsha
harsha.muvva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2014, 15:59   #231
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsha.muvva View Post
You need to pay for the claim charges and consumables in case of a zero dep claim.

Donot pay for anything else,usually the isurance guys try to charge you "salvage" for metal parts.But it is no where mentioned in policy and you every right to deny that!

Saying all this from personal experience with ICICI zero-dep insurance claims!

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Harsha
So all these nuts/bolts/screws etc come under consumables is it? I find that strange. I was under the impression that without that a bumper can't be fitted back. So what is the point of charging separately for them.
Old 1st June 2014, 16:10   #232
BHPian

Quote:
So all these nuts/bolts/screws etc come under consumables is it? I find that strange. I was under the impression that without that a bumper can't be fitted back. So what is the point of charging separately for them.

Even i find that strange,but sadly that is how it is(atleast in icici)

However there is option of choosing "consumable items add-on" in addition to zero-dep which we can opt for. This covers nuts&bolts,screws,AC gas,engine oil...etc.
Opting for this will be very benefical especially for expensive cars/imports!

Regards,
Harsha
Old 2nd June 2014, 16:15   #233
Distinguished - BHPian

The survey was carried out today and everything has been approved. What came as a shock was that Tata Aig is refusing to match the labour costs quoted by Narmada Toyota. They are of the opinion that the cost is inflated and not in line with the general cost prevalent in the market. Now earlier I was told by Narmada Toyota people that something like this can happen but they assured me that these costs are standard across the country. But the Tata Aig rep who came to survey the car told me that the other dealership in town, Infinium Toyota, would carry out the same work at a lesser cost which is what the Tata Aig people are ready to approve of. How is this possible? I have asked the Narmada Toyota people to tell me the difference in amount and depending upon it then I am thinking of taking the car to the other dealer then and also lodge a protest with Toyota seeking an explanation as to how 2 dealers in the same city can have different rates. Do I have any other alternative?

Also any idea if Narmada people will now ask me to pay some amount for opening the claim papers etc since I would no longer be getting it serviced by them.
Old 2nd June 2014, 17:48   #234
BHPian

Mohit,

Don't worry about this. This is pretty normal when we try to take a claim. Just ask the Tata AIG guys to tell you the difference. Alternatively, you can call the other dealership and randomly ask for labour rates of something added in your estimate. This will give you a rough idea. In case there is any difference, question Toyota about it. I am sure your issue would be resolved.

P.S.: Even i find it strange that labour rates of two dealerships in the same city are different(supposedly!). Two different cities is understandable.

Cheers!
amansanc
Old 2nd June 2014, 21:38   #235
Distinguished - BHPian

I raised the issue with Narmada Toyota and told them that the other dealership is matching the price being quoted by Tata Aig. So I will be giving my car to the other dealership and also seek an explanation from Toyota regarding the same. They called back in 10 mins confirming that even they will now match the rates. Ridiculous behaviour. The whole morning that same SA kept explaining me how it was fraudulent of the other dealership to offer a lesser rate!

Anyways told them to start the work now since they have decided to match the rates.
Old 13th June 2014, 23:57   #236
Distinguished - BHPian

Finally I am united again with my car. Oh man it was real tough two weeks. Well but they did keep there promise and returned the car in 10 working days as promised at the beginning.

Total damage: Rs. 1.46L
My share: Aprrox 5k rs including claim processing and consumables.

Also got the 40k km service done. Surprise surprise. The brake pads are still good to last for many more kms. The rear ones still stand at 5mm each and front ones at 8 mm each. I guess my car is different from the rest of its clan and hence still running well on stock brake pads. The otherwise routine service costed me Rs 7040 including taxes. Pretty decent for a D segment car at every 10k kms or 1 year. All in all I am a happy owner.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2014, 23:53   #237
Distinguished - BHPian

The pics from the delivery. Toyota people managed to match the colour quite well.
Before:
My new Toyota Altis D-4D: The first one on TBHP! EDIT: Sold!-img_20140531_111817.jpg

Now:
My new Toyota Altis D-4D: The first one on TBHP! EDIT: Sold!-img_20140613_161045.jpg
My new Toyota Altis D-4D: The first one on TBHP! EDIT: Sold!-img_20140613_182430.jpg

The insurance guy after clicking the above pic of the parts made the dealership destroy these parts and then again clicked pics. They literally used a heavy hammer and one blade to shred the bumper and fender and other things to pieces.
Old 15th June 2014, 01:30   #238
BHPian

My new Toyota Altis D-4D: The first one on TBHP! Pics on pg 5

Hey Mohit.

Sad to see this after what happened with your BMW but was good to hear that all of you were okay. At least Toyota gave you a total peace of mind. You must be all smiles now as the car is back in shape.
Old 15th June 2014, 11:04   #239
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarendranath View Post
Hey Mohit.

Sad to see this after what happened with your BMW but was good to hear that all of you were okay. At least Toyota gave you a total peace of mind. You must be all smiles now as the car is back in shape.
Totally happy. It was very painful to see both the cars get damaged in the last month at different occasions. Specially since before this there has hardly been any incident, nothing major definitely, involving any of our cars. Co-incidentally the total bill also was nearly same both the times .

Just took her out for a drive today and it is back to what it does best - Mile crunching!
Old 15th June 2014, 14:59   #240
BHPian

My new Toyota Altis D-4D: The first one on TBHP! Pics on pg 5

Quote:
Specially since before this there has hardly been any incident, nothing major definitely, involving any of our cars.

After 7 years of ownership, our Santro took a hit today, before this nothing happened to the car. My brother was driving and a reckless biker bangs into the car. First Jetta ( nothing major ) and now Santro, I guess it's our attitude towards the cars. Nothing in the world seems to be as precious as our cars. Luckily a small local workshop job will fix the Santro.

[center]My new Toyota Altis D-4D: The first one on TBHP! EDIT: Sold!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1402824428.081251.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks