Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2006, 13:56   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
...Only thing left over is the purchase of the AC condensor which will be done by the beginning of next month ..
Umm... so u driving to goa without ac????
Old 19th May 2006, 17:48   #107
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
Hey mclaren, why not insurance ? I mean 28K is quite some money. Also it is the 1st year of purchase and thus depreciation would be nil or close to nil for most parts. And even if you are worried about loosing the NCB next year, it would be like 3K or so (that's the NCB I got on my Lxi while renewing for 2nd year). So, don't understand why you did not go the insurance route.
As i have already mentioned earlier , the baleno is insured with the same guys as the zen .. And the insurance claim with the zen itself hasnt been sorted out .. So dad didnt want to claim insurance , its as simple as that .. We 1st wanted to get the zen issue sorted out without having to undergo any further delays .. So spent from my own pocket ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj
Umm... so u driving to goa without ac????
Well yes , and without music too ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by godfather
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ROTFLMAO
Oye chup .. Thats the truth .. This is my first accident (never had a scratch also in all these 3 years on any of the cars) in a car since i have turned 18 .. Before that had one accident on the sierra the details of which are very much on this forum .. Stop making me look like a guy whose always been into crashing his cars ..
Old 21st May 2006, 14:26   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
Oye chup .. Thats the truth .. This is my first accident (never had a scratch also in all these 3 years on any of the cars) in a car since i have turned 18 .. Before that had one accident on the sierra the details of which are very much on this forum .. Stop making me look like a guy whose always been into crashing his cars ..

ZEN ... BALENO ... SIERRA ... 2 out of 3 cars totalled... need i say more...
FYI i did not know about the sierra... and 18 or not you still dont have a licence...

Last edited by Godfather : 21st May 2006 at 14:29.
Old 21st May 2006, 14:38   #109
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather
ZEN ... BALENO ... SIERRA ... 2 out of 3 cars totalled... need i say more...
FYI i did not know about the sierra... and 18 or not you still dont have a licence...
I wasnt the one who totalled the zen , u mighty well know that .. Regarding the baleno , it was no where close to being called totalled .. And coming to the sierra it didnt have a scratch on it .. As far as my license is concerned u have no clue about the real story .. So i sincerely advise u to stop posting about my driving habits without knowing the truth .. I dont want to spoil the continuity of the thread , lets talk over this over a few chilled beers tonight ..
Old 21st May 2006, 15:16   #110
Team-BHP Support

Note from mod

This is turning personal - can we get back on topic
Old 11th August 2006, 16:14   #111
BHPian

Hi Maclaren!

Long but crispy report.Good observation.Kudos to TBHP suggesting Baleno.It is a true value for money.My observation for my new baleno----

1.It can withstand bad road in waterlogged condition.
2.Front seat is comfy.Good lumber support.No chance of back pain.
3.No experience of rear seat.
4.Reverse gear shift is little bit stiff.I missed it in couple of occasion.
5.AC is terribly efficient.I start shivering after 5 minutes.
6.I have so far not experienced any thud in the bottom due to road devider.
Any piece of advice for the first service?I have covered only 450 KM in 20 days.

Regards,

Debasis
Old 11th August 2006, 16:37   #112
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debasischatterj
1.It can withstand bad road in waterlogged condition.
6.I have so far not experienced any thud in the bottom due to road devider.
Man!!... waterlogged bad roads ?? not made for baleno!!

and road divider?.. you are saying you drove on the divider? ... again dividers are not made for balenos!!
Old 11th August 2006, 16:42   #113
BHPian

Hi Sumit!
Recently I purchased a baleno lxi 20 days back only after going through the recommendation of TBHP.After buying it one of my friend told me that with the same cost I could have purchased Fiesta1.4 ex Petrol.But after reading your unbiased and longterm experience I am feeling relaxed.I have not done any mistake with my hard earned money.

Regards,
Debasis
Old 11th August 2006, 16:47   #114
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
After buying it one of my friend told me that with the same cost I could have purchased Fiesta1.4 ex Petrol.
I am a baleno owner and I have a Fiesta 1.4 in my house, it belongs my Father-in-law. Forget baleno (which is first choice), I prefer driving the Santro over Fiesta 1.4 and our driver has the same opinion. You made a wise choice.
Old 11th August 2006, 16:50   #115
BHPian

Hi SLK!
Sorry for mistyping.Please condone it as baleno excitement.I mean speed braker and not divider.But due to torrential rain in Hyderabad(normally very scanty rainfall)for 3 days roads were really bad.

Regards,
Debasis
Old 11th August 2006, 17:40   #116
BHPian

Hi Samurai!

Thanks a lot for sharing your personal experience.I shall definetely share your feedback with my friend who is looking for a 3box to upgrade from his Wagon R.
A little bit of suggestion.During the recent rains in Hyd a small water mark has formed on top of the car roof due to leakage of water from parking lot.I tried wax polish(Formula1).But the mark is not going.Could you kindly suggest any remedy?The 1st service is due on 19th August.

Regards,
Debasis
Old 11th August 2006, 18:12   #117
Senior - BHPian

Debasis, welcome to tbhp. You seem to have quite some info / doubts about the Baleno. It would be better if you put up your own Intro thread (refer this thread for pointers on how to post an intro - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introd...ing-intro.html ) on the forum and consolidate these queries on that thread, instead of posting it on other's threads. It would not only get you a better response to your queries, but also prevent these threads from going off-topic.
Old 11th August 2006, 18:40   #118
Senior - BHPian

This is indeed little but let me post it before I loose the context...

Quote:
4.Reverse gear shift is little bit stiff.I missed it in couple of occasion.
I think this happens due to not having "synchro-mesh" design for reverse gear, which is provided for all forward gears. This is the default for most cars, but somehow the problem is more pronounced in baleno.

There is an easy solution to this problem, though - whenever you have trouble slotting into reverse, just change to any other gear and partially engage the clutch. I assume the brake should be held at that time so that the car doesn't really move forward. No need to put too much of stress, just a slight engagement is enough. Reverse should slot in well in the following attempt. In 90% of the time you need to do this only once, but occasionally may be required to repeat it 2-3 times.

Compare this with bikes, they don't have sychro-mesh gears, so sometimes we need to push the bike itself a bit forward and backward, in order to change gears at standstill and engine in stalled condition!

Quote:
5.AC is terribly efficient.I start shivering after 5 minutes.
That is true, but it may turn out to be a disadvantage also, when its not too hot outside but you still need the AC. I had started this thread (link below) to discuss that problem and attempt to find an easy solution if possible... a good AC should make you comfortable...not shiver, right?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ter-off-3.html
Old 14th August 2006, 18:51   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh.s
a good AC should make you comfortable...not shiver, right?
Climate control zindabad

Quote:
A little bit of suggestion.During the recent rains in Hyd a small water mark has formed on top of the car roof due to leakage of water from parking lot.I tried wax polish(Formula1).But the mark is not going.Could you kindly suggest any remedy?
I had similar mark. I am presuming it was similar since it was due to the same reason. Leak from parking lot roof. Took it to the dealer workshop. One of the cleaners took the initiative, rubbed it with wax and a 2000 grade 'sandpaper'. Very fine grade. That did the trick. However, he couldn't remove all the marks on black plastic of passenger side rear view mirror.
Old 14th August 2006, 19:01   #120
BHPian

[SIZE=2]I think depressing the clutch and releasing it should also help.[/SIZE]

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks