Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2012, 10:47   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: My new Maruti Swift Zxi

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradyblr View Post
At 6 years and 40,000 kms our Santro was showing signs of aging
That is not really much mileage for a car to age. I don't blame the car. It is our road conditions that reduce the life of a car.

Quote:
we wanted our new car also to be a petrol.
It is such a relief to read about a petrol car ownership review. Off late, even the forum is flooded with only diesels.

Quote:
We were promised delivery within 3 weeks.
Looks like Manesar have caught up. 3 weeks is quite acceptable as a waiting period for a car like the Swift that is the segment best seller.

Quote:
On 14th Sep, they called me, and drove to the stockyard
Was the stockyard somewhere close to the showroom? To be precise, on Charles Campbell Road. I have seen one here. It looks like someone's property that was razed.

Quote:
In summary, I rate Mandovi Motors, Cox Town 10/10 for my buying experience with them
Mandovi are know to be good car sellers. I was not so lucky. On checking for a friend for the Suzuki Kizashi, I was never given a call. I had visited the showroom but nobody could help me.

Quote:
One week later, went to 3M Sanjay Nagar and got paint sealant and under body coating done.
How will you rate this 3M facility? Do they have a washing bay for the foam wash service?

Quote:
Every morning when I start the car and drive at slow speed and apply brake a 'tak tak' sound comes from the front brakes. When I checked with Mandovi Service center they said it is normal.
I am not entirely convinced when someone tells me a noise like this is normal. Even if it is, try and find out what is happening. Whenever I wash the alloys of my car the brake pads tend to jam with the brake disc rotors due to hard water. They make a similar sound but just 'tak' when I move the car.

Well written mayte.
sandeepmohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2012, 08:51   #17
BHPian

Quote:
devil_klm: Thank you. Special thanks for the heads up for the cover!!!
Potentially the same situation can happen in rain too right? (My car is parked on the street).
Yes. In rainy seasons you can remove the cover. In fact there were posts where a Bhpians new car absorbed the color from body cover during rain. And ended up in giving it for detailing to get rid of it. Mine almost become a transparent one where i can see the interiors in daylight and dust is entering over the car through the cover.
devil_klm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2012, 12:00   #18
BHPian

Congrats on your new hot hatch Pradyblr. Glad to see a Zxi thread when many of the threads are about diesels. Although I'm a bit late with my wishes, wishing you many miles of happy journey with her.
akhil_rpmlover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2012, 15:09   #19
BHPian

akhil_rpmlover: Thank you for the wishes. Indeed Zxis are becoming rare. Often I am asked "what!! you brought a petrol!!!!

Last edited by pradyblr : 1st November 2012 at 15:14. Reason: format
Old 1st November 2012, 15:12   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
That is not really much mileage for a car to age. I don't blame the car. It is our road conditions that reduce the life of a car.
Absolutely!! note that there is nothing wrong with the critical parts of the car. It still stays in the family.

Quote:
Looks like Manesar have caught up. 3 weeks is quite acceptable as a waiting period for a car like the Swift that is the segment best seller.
I think Swift petrols continue to be available off the shelf even now.

Quote:

Was the stockyard somewhere close to the showroom? To be precise, on Charles Campbell Road. I have seen one here. It looks like someone's property that was razed.
Yup. The same one.

Quote:
Mandovi are know to be good car sellers. I was not so lucky. On checking for a friend for the Suzuki Kizashi, I was never given a call. I had visited the showroom but nobody could help me.
Is your friend still looking for one? I could pass on numbers of two top executives of Mandovi and Bimal. Not sure if it help though.

Quote:
How will you rate this 3M facility? Do they have a washing bay for the foam wash service?
I will write a review for Amit's team. They have decent size set up with all

services of 3M. I have never been to HSR 3M so cannot compare. I found

Amit and team to be fantastic . I would highly recommend them.

Quote:
I am not entirely convinced when someone tells me a noise like this is normal. Even if it is, try and find out what is happening. Whenever I wash the alloys of my car the brake pads tend to jam with the brake disc rotors due to hard water. They make a similar sound but just 'tak' when I move the car.
Thank you. I will check it up.

Quote:
Well written mayte.
Thanks Sandeep. Thanks for all the comments too.
Old 1st November 2012, 16:55   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is your friend still looking for one? I could pass on numbers of two top executives of Mandovi and Bimal.
Thank you for the help.

My colleague and good friend with the team bhp handle bluu has booked the car with Bimal in Mahadevpura on Whitefield road. A white Kizashi automatic. If everything goes as planned, delivery should be taking place tomorrow. You should be reading his report on the car and purchase process soon.
Old 1st November 2012, 17:22   #22
BHPian

Quote:
akhil_rpmlover: Thank you for the wishes. Indeed Zxis are becoming rare. Often I am asked "what!! you brought a petrol!!!!
Petrol hot hatch it is ! For a guy with minimal run, it is better to chose the Zxi rather than waiting for 6-8 months for Zdi.
Old 8th November 2012, 12:08   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Accius: May be it has do with sedate driving too. We get 13-14 km/litre on our Santro too.
Actually I am a sedate driver and hardly go above 90 on higways and 50 on city roads. Guess will have to request to update my ECU in the next service. From the day I bought the car, I have been hearing general perceptions of people that Beat has a more thirsty petrol engine. But I used to rubbish those comments as as ARAI figures speak differently. I am aware that those are in test conditions. But 12 in city is not good if I am driving sedately. I don't care about efficiency when I am in a mood to rev the engine and enjoy though
Old 10th November 2012, 09:42   #24
BHPian

The stickers have arrived

The team-bhp stickers arrived last week. The entire process from ordering to delivery was very smooth. Thank you team-bhp!!

Decided to stick only the LTD for now.

After Lepakshi, Planning the next long drive on Diwali day. Any suggestions
BLR team-bhpians?
Old 1st January 2013, 07:56   #25
BHPian

2500 km Update

The car completed 2500km over the weekend.
It has been a pleasure driving this vehicle.

The mileage has settled around 14- 15 within city and 16 - 18 on highways.

The longest trip so far has been a 720km (to and fro) drive to Wayanad.

As per suggestions from team-bhpians, changed the tyre pressure to 33 psi for front and 31 psi for back. The ride quality has improved and this seems to be the ideal pressure for the Yokos.

My new Maruti Swift Zxi-21102012240.jpg

The paint sealant protection from 3M has turned out to be dud affair.
3 months down, I think all the sealant has worn out.
I guess it has to do with the fact that the car is parked outside all day.
Planning to get body polishing done from MASS.

My new Maruti Swift Zxi-p1000793-copy.jpg
pradyblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2013, 11:05   #26
BHPian

@pradyblr, although a little late, congratulations on your "babe". She does look gorgeous in all white especially with the rare to sport "zxi" tag.

Instead of a body polish at MASS, if you have some time go the DIY route. Believe me the results are much better and lasts longer than what any A*S*S can give you.

Have fun driving her!!
arup.misra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2013, 15:13   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra View Post
@pradyblr, although a little late, congratulations on your "babe". She does look gorgeous in all white especially with the rare to sport "zxi" tag.

Instead of a body polish at MASS, if you have some time go the DIY route. Believe me the results are much better and lasts longer than what any A*S*S can give you.

Have fun driving her!!
Thanks Arup.
Coincidentally I just started reading the DIY guide on team-bhp for polishing.
Old 1st January 2013, 15:33   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The wife felt the Dzire was 'cute' and wanted to buy that instead. We agreed that this be settled by a test drive. After a quick test drive & "No I want the Swift" - it was settled.
Hello Pradyblr,

Firstly congrats on your new Car (though a little late) & wish you many years of wonderful & trouble-free ownership. Also your mileage figures of 14 - 15 kmpl in city and 16 - 18 on highways are really good.

Now, coming to your decision of choosing Swift over Dzire - was it something in particlar that you (& your wife) did not like about Dzire?
I understand that you have already bought the new Car & I am not trying to prove you wrong. I also understand that the Car will be used most of the time in city & that is why you were looking for a hatchback.

What I am trying to understand that you have already owned a hatchback for 6 years & now once again you choose to buy a Car with almost similar space. With Dzire once gets additional boot space which is always a boon be it driving within City or on long trips. Also with Dzire one also gets a feeling (& satisfaction) of driving a sedan class Car, which is generally the aspiration of hatchback owners.

Thanks,

Last edited by Jignesh : 1st January 2013 at 15:35. Reason: Information added
Jignesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2013, 16:20   #29
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your buy! You've gone for the best hatchback in the market! White looks great on the Swift and as you said, it's quite a looker. Regarding Bluetooth, I remember my dealer offering it as a separate accessory for my Ertiga. I didn't buy it as I don't use it. The audio units are the same in both cars so you can check with your dealer about it.
swiftdiesel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2013, 17:25   #30
BHPian

Hi pradyblr

Since you upgraded from a Santro, what's your take on the performance vis-a-vis your old car? I too am looking to upgrade from a Santro. I'm looking at the new Ritz VVT. Since it shares the engine with Swift, it's probably a good indicator as to what to expect.
SlowRider is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks