Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st January 2013, 17:52   #31
BHPian

Re: My new Maruti Swift Zxi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Hello Pradyblr,

Firstly congrats on your new Car (though a little late) & wish you many years of wonderful & trouble-free ownership. Also your mileage figures of 14 - 15 kmpl in city and 16 - 18 on highways are really good.

Now, coming to your decision of choosing Swift over Dzire - was it something in particlar that you (& your wife) did not like about Dzire?
I understand that you have already bought the new Car & I am not trying to prove you wrong. I also understand that the Car will be used most of the time in city & that is why you were looking for a hatchback.

What I am trying to understand that you have already owned a hatchback for 6 years & now once again you choose to buy a Car with almost similar space. With Dzire once gets additional boot space which is always a boon be it driving within City or on long trips. Also with Dzire one also gets a feeling (& satisfaction) of driving a sedan class Car, which is generally the aspiration of hatchback owners.

Thanks,
Thank you Jignesh.
Regarding Swift vs Dzire, mainly two things

1) Looks - We did not like the looks of Dzire. Looks are quite subjective of course and no offense meant to Dzire owners
2) Drivers car - I felt that the steering feedback, sporty ride of swift is not there in Dzire. Of course Dzire offsets it by superior and excellent back seat comfort. Since I wanted to have a driver's car Swift scored over Dzire.

About boot space, we are a small family and we don't need the extra boot space and this was not a criterion for our selection.

I strongly feel the only worthy upgrades from hatch are the Vento and the Rapid (in the reasonable price range obviously)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
Congrats on your buy! You've gone for the best hatchback in the market! White looks great on the Swift and as you said, it's quite a looker. Regarding Bluetooth, I remember my dealer offering it as a separate accessory for my Ertiga. I didn't buy it as I don't use it. The audio units are the same in both cars so you can check with your dealer about it.
Thank you swiftdiesel.
Indeed there are many aftermarket accessories available. I am paranoid about things starting to rattle if I add any accessory hence staying away for the time being. Once it gets to wifey not letting me drive the car till she gets her bluetooth, I will get it solved
pradyblr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st January 2013, 20:12   #32
BHPian

Congrats on the buy Prady!

ZXi is a good option as you get the safety features. You mentioned that you find lesser power on 2nd gear. Is it after your comparison to the older Swifts?

Yes, VVT's are a rare breed these days. However you don't have to wait for the turbo to kick in on signals. So enjoy the car.
gauravdgr8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2013, 21:06   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowRider View Post
Hi pradyblr

Since you upgraded from a Santro, what's your take on the performance vis-a-vis your old car? I too am looking to upgrade from a Santro. I'm looking at the new Ritz VVT. Since it shares the engine with Swift, it's probably a good indicator as to what to expect.
Hi SlowRider,
Swift is a class apart from Santro. Santro was a work horse a great one at that. Swift is a drivers dream. Pure pleasure
Ritz is a great choice in my opinion.
My recommendation is to take a test drive for 15- 25 km in city/highway conditions which should clearly tell you the difference.
pradyblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2013, 21:15   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravdgr8 View Post
Congrats on the buy Prady!

ZXi is a good option as you get the safety features. You mentioned that you find lesser power on 2nd gear. Is it after your comparison to the older Swifts?

Yes, VVT's are a rare breed these days. However you don't have to wait for the turbo to kick in on signals. So enjoy the car.
gauravdgr8: Thank you.
ABS is worth all the extra money and I hope the airbags will never be used.
I feel the top end is worth every extra penny of premium.

I have not driven old swift so I do not know if the 2nd gear issue exists in the older version. It definitely exists in the new version.
Old 13th January 2013, 13:23   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradkumar View Post
Hi,

I was checking with Sai Service in Pune. I plan to buy a Dzire AT. The service advisor said if I'm willing to pay 3k for seat parts and another 1.5k for labour, the driver's seat height adjust can be fitted.

Pradeep
Dear Pradeep,
Did you finally purchase the Dezire AT ? And did you get the seat modified?
I have a Swift LXi and would like make similar changes. Wanted to check if you have done the same and the changes involved (is it a snap fit of the seat base or tinkering needed?) an the experience after fitment.
Old 5th February 2013, 18:52   #36
BHPian

Congratulations mate! I've recently booked a ZXi and expecting the delivery in next 2 weeks.

Are there any must have accessories for the ZXi variant? Did you install any sunfilm? Also, how'd you rate the underbody protection?
whysoserious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2013, 15:07   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
Congratulations mate! I've recently booked a ZXi and expecting the delivery in next 2 weeks.

Are there any must have accessories for the ZXi variant? Did you install any sunfilm? Also, how'd you rate the underbody protection?
whysoserious: Congrats on the new Zxi!!!
I did not get sunfilm installed.
The underbody protection is really worth it especially if you drive in coastal roads or bad roads.

Following are the accessories worth considering (must have/depends in brackets):

1) Tyre upgrade (must have)
2) Bluetooth (depends)
3) Auto window roll up on locking (I wonder why Maruti doesnt provide this by default!!) (depends)
4) I initially felt reverse cam is needed, but once I learnt to use the electrical OVRMs for reverse parking, haven't felt the need for it.
5) Unless you cant stand the looks of it, stick to the default alloys. Couple of dealers told me they are of very high quality.
Old 11th February 2013, 20:41   #38
BHPian

Following are the accessories worth considering (must have/depends in brackets):

Got the delivery today and enjoying every second of it. I've shifted to swift from my 2011 jazz but IMO Swift is truly a drivers car! I've noticed a lot of tire noise on highways and I'm sure it's because of stock MRF's. Have you guys had any other problems with the stocks apart from noise? Do they have really poor grip?
2) Bluetooth (depends)
Yeah I am definitely considering a good bluetooth kit, any suggestions?
3) Auto window roll up on locking (I wonder why Maruti doesnt provide this by default!!) (depends)
I'm not too bothered about it but yeah definitely nice to have!
4) I initially felt reverse cam is needed, but once I learnt to use the electrical OVRMs for reverse parking, haven't felt the need for it.
+1, I'm also comfortable using OVRMs.
5) Unless you cant stand the looks of it, stick to the default alloys. Couple of dealers told me they are of very high quality.
Planning to stick with the stock alloys. I quite like the looks as well.
Old 13th February 2013, 07:50   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post

whysoserious: Congrats!!! looking forward to your ownership report.

I am not sure about the grip of the stock tyres. I changed them within 30km

Note from Support - Please avoid quoting an entire post as it inconveniences our mobile and small screen users.

Last edited by n_aditya : 13th February 2013 at 11:42. Reason: quoted post shortened.
Old 17th February 2013, 15:21   #40
BHPian

Hit and Run

Babe suffered a hit and run today.
The car was parked in front of my wife's office and she started getting panic calls from building security. This is what we saw.

My new Maruti Swift Zxi-17022013304.jpg

The culprit was a red chevy with plates ending 3577 and with a L board as per building security and other eye witnesses.
Mandovi quoted 16k for repair (including replacing the door).
What is difficult to understand is why would someone so educated run away after hitting the car? The security guy told the driver multiple times that the owner is around.

Dude or Dudess who was driving the chevy, if you are reading this, next time you are in an incident like this, own up and be civilized!!!
Old 17th February 2013, 16:02   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradyblr View Post
The car was parked in front of my wife's office and she started getting panic calls from building security. This is what we saw.

The culprit was a red chevy with plates ending 3577 and with a L board as per building security and other eye witnesses.
What is difficult to understand is why would someone so educated run away after hitting the car? The security guy told the driver multiple times that the owner is around.

Dude or Dudess who was driving the chevy, if you are reading this, next time you are in an incident like this, own up and be civilized!!!
IMO 9 out of 10 people would run away after hitting the car if the driver of the hit vehicle is not present. Why ? To escape consequences.
Majority are educated.

As far as the dent is concerned, do consult outside garages, i am not sure but they might be able to take this dent out.

Last edited by k2max6 : 17th February 2013 at 16:04.
k2max6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2013, 17:18   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradyblr

My goodness16k for a repair Job? They are changing the door fine but what's the breakup for 16k? Have the prices of repair for the new swift gone up so high? It's indeed sad that your new car took a brunt due to the silly Chevy driver.
zwift1819 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2013, 19:44   #43
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Great ownership report. My dad is also looking for a petrol car and its a toss up between the swift or dzire zxi. I was not able to look at the dzires boot space though. Do you know if the dzire offers good boot space above what the swift offers? Asking as we dont want to lug around extra weight for minimal increment in boot space.

Btw, i own a 2009 model swift petrol myself. Dont think i find it under powered though. Happy ownership to you!!! And sad to see educated people doing hit and runs. Hope the car gets back to its original condition soon
arvind71181 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2013, 22:15   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hit and Run

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradyblr View Post

Attachment 1052329

Mandovi quoted 16k for repair (including replacing the door)....
That's bad!! You should file a police complaint if you want to teach them a lesson. After that, they will be extremely careful not to cause another accident.

Would like to know the break up of 16K. Is the running board under the door too damaged? I thought a denting work on the door should be nothing more than a 4K! Since you will be using the insurance, nothing wrong in replacing the door as you shall not shell anything than compulsory deduction.

After the work, please make sure that you check the paint match under proper sunlight and take delivery only after you are satisfied! Do NOT take delivery after 3 PM.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2013, 23:59   #45
BHPian

^^ i have seen dents severe than this being repaired , even in hard to reach areas especially the bonnet.
My friend's esteem's bonnet had a bigger dent on the bonnet.Was done up nicely and he hardly paid around 600 bucks.4000 is too much if its only a denting job.
k2max6 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks