Old 20th February 2013, 11:05   #46
BHPian

Re: My new Maruti Swift Zxi

Quote:
Originally Posted by zwift1819 View Post
My goodness16k for a repair Job?
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Would like to know the break up of 16K. Is the running board under the door too damaged?
After the work, please make sure that you check the paint match under proper sunlight and take delivery only after you are satisfied! Do NOT take delivery after 3 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by k2max6 View Post
.4000 is too much if its only a denting job.
Thank you all for the wonderful suggestions. Really helped.
I checked in multiple garages (Maruti and outside) and decided to give to a garage authorized by TATA AIG, my insurance provider. As you guys rightly pointed out, Maruti's quote even with door replacement was 60% more than what others are offering. Will update once I have the breakup cost details.
Old 20th February 2013, 13:28   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradyblr View Post

Thank you all for the wonderful suggestions. Really helped.
I checked in multiple garages (Maruti and outside) and decided to give to a garage authorized by TATA AIG, my insurance provider. As you guys rightly pointed out, Maruti's quote even with door replacement was 60% more than what others are offering. Will update once I have the breakup cost details.
Are taking insurance claim for the same?
Do you have Zero Depreciation Insurance?

I would suggest getting the work done at Maruti Suzuki Workshop if you are taking a claim.

Incase of door replacement the quote can't be higher by as much as 60% because the door cost would remain same which contributes to majority of the total.
k2max6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2013, 12:36   #48
BHPian

The car was back yesterday.
Door was not replaced.

Good job done by Bosch Service Center (Lotus).
Expensive compared to some other mechanics I dealt with in the past with my Santro. I am very happy with the work done. The nice part was the owner of the workshop called me again today morning to check with me about the quality of work.

My new Maruti Swift Zxi-23022012308.jpg

Total expense was around 7100 rupees out of which my expense was 1250.
Apparently for every claim my make TATAAIG charges 1000 rupees irrespective of the claim amount

Thanks once again to all fellow team-bhpians who offered timely advise.
Old 23rd February 2013, 13:01   #49
BHPian

^^Have they painted the entire door?
k2max6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2013, 12:19   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Door was not replaced.Apparently for every claim my make TATAAIG charges 1000 rupees irrespective of the claim amount
Hello Pradyblr,

Congrats on getting your car back to its original looks. Believe me, it really hurts to see those scratches on anyone's car. The denting / paintaing job is done real good & the repair / repaint is not at all visible.

Regarding Rs. 1,000 charge by Tata AIG, this is compulsory deduction by insurance company everytime the claim is passed. This will be clearly mentioned in your policy document. Last year this amount was Rs. 500, but begining this year, they have increased it to Rs. 1,000. Whatever be the claim amount, they will deduct Rs. 1,000.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2max6 View Post
^^Have they painted the entire door?
Hello k2max6,

The paint cannot be applied on a part of a door or any part of the Car. Even if it is very small part of door, entire door is repainted.
In technical terms it is called a "piece" & all the re-paint quotes are given based on one / multiple "pieces".

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2013, 22:47   #51
ZMG
BHPian

The 16K quote seems a bit too much. Had my swift serviced today, and it suffers with a similar dent (the handle isn't broken) on the rear left door. Asked for a quote and was informed about 4500 bucks, including everything. Although the entire door pad on my car did not have to be changed. Still thinking wether do get it done, or let it be, considering we live in Bangalore.
ZMG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2013, 06:25   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Door was not replaced.

Good job done by Bosch Service Center (Lotus).
Expensive compared to some other mechanics I dealt with in the past with my Santro. I am very happy with the work done. The nice part was the owner of the workshop called me again today morning to check with me about the quality of work.

Thanks once again to all fellow team-bhpians who offered timely advise.
That was a neat job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMG View Post
The 16K quote seems a bit too much. Had my swift serviced today, and it suffers with a similar dent (the handle isn't broken) on the rear left door. Asked for a quote and was informed about 4500 bucks, including everything. Although the entire door pad on my car did not have to be changed. Still thinking wether do get it done, or let it be, considering we live in Bangalore.
Check the TBhp Bangalore directory section. Instead of filling service center owners cash bag, try to get it from outside from a good mechanic. Arrogant and greedy behavior of service center guys are making me to stay out of them

Last edited by devil_klm : 2nd March 2013 at 06:27.
devil_klm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2013, 15:18   #53
BHPian

Quote:
ZMG - is the quote of 4500 from a Maruti dealer? If yes can you please share details? Asking as this is a reasonable quote compared to what I received.
I hate seeing dents on my car. just a personal thing. and yes in BLR it is difficult to maintain a car dentless!!
Old 3rd March 2013, 13:39   #54
ZMG
BHPian

Quote:
ZMG - is the quote of 4500 from a Maruti dealer? If yes can you please share details? Asking as this is a reasonable quote compared to what I received.
I hate seeing dents on my car. just a personal thing. and yes in BLR it is difficult to maintain a car dentless!!
The quote was at Mandovi Motors Wilson garden. It was actually not really a quote, it was more of a very rough estimate that I was given by SA when I casually showed him the car when it was being washed and he said that should cost about 4500 bucks and a day to repair. You can add another 1500 bucks to that, but thats about it. Also the dent on my car is not as bad as yours, it was dont by an EON guy brushing across my car in one very small lane.
Old 16th March 2013, 20:17   #55
BHPian

Second Service

Second Service update

Took the car for second service today at Mandovi Hennur.

Odo reading: 3200km. No roadtrips this year so far and hence the low km reading. 6 month condition was there hence took the car for servicing.

There was absolutely nothing which needed attention in the car. No rattles whatsover ( I am impressed Maruti. Hope it stays this way!!).

The bill for second service came upto rs 19/- (charge for screen wash concentrate).

The SA informed me that the engine oil used for Zxi from factory is synthetic oil and not mineral. Is this correct?

Planning the following mods shortly (all MGA)

1. Bluetooth adaptor add-on for stock Nippon system - This is something new. I was pleasantly surprised hearing this. Needed badly. Price told on phone 3500 odd

2. Relay for auto roll up of windows on remote lock. I do not drive with my windows open inside city during day time but do it often during an early morning drive and sometimes forget to roll up the windows

Price told on phone 1900.

3. Door Sills - not decided yet. Will check and see if it is useful.

Price told on phone 450.

Any comments/suggestions?
Old 16th March 2013, 20:38   #56
Senior - BHPian

Re: Second Service

Quote:
2. Relay for auto roll up of windows on remote lock. I do not drive with my windows open inside city during day time but do it often during an early morning drive and sometimes forget to roll up the windows

Price told on phone 1900.
If you have a kid @ home , then i will suggest please think about it once again .
One of my friend had a very bad experience with these.
His wife and kid was inside the car and he went away to get something, so thought of just locking the car and go, and guess what his kid's fingers were there on the glass when glass rolled up as result of locking the car
So just thought of letting you know about it ,so that you can decide accordingly.
Cheers
Schoudhury is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2013, 21:58   #57
ZMG
BHPian

I think door sill is important, as the paint really takes a beating in that area, as there is no sill at all at that area. They have some amount of door sillin the ritz, but I am shocked, why did they completly omit the same in the swift. Do post the pics if you get that (I had asked for the same last time, they did not have it an the Wilson garden service center)
Also regarding the auto roll up, I park my car in college, and very rarely I get a parking under a tree. As a result, most of the times, the car is parked roght under hot sunlight, so i prefer leaving the window a little open for air circulation. Not sure if you can do that with Auto roll up feature.
I also wanted to the FE you have been getting ? My car shows 17, but hardly gives 13 :(
Old 18th March 2013, 10:35   #58
BHPian

Re: Second Service

Quote:
Planning the following mods shortly (all MGA)

1. Bluetooth adaptor add-on for stock Nippon system - This is something new. I was pleasantly surprised hearing this. Needed badly. Price told on phone 3500 odd
hey if you go for this let me know the performance. i was reading on the bluetooth thread that one of the members was having issues with connection drop off.

Also i would like to know if it has auto wake/sleep functions to connect automatically every time i get into the car.

i really need a solution for bluetooth but am not in favour of going for an expensive solution like freeway at 6k
funkyp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2013, 07:15   #59
BHPian

Quote:
I also wanted to the FE you have been getting ? My car shows 17, but hardly gives 13 :(
Unless you are driving very short distances or are really pushing the car to the maximum, the FE should be around 14-15 for petrol and 17-18 for diesel with the new Swift for city driving.

I get 14.5 - 15 with A/C and in congested city traffic. Note that I only use Shell Petrol.

I also noticed that on highways band of 80 -90 gives maximum mileage. Anything above 100 fuel efficiency goes for a toss.
Old 31st March 2013, 16:13   #60
BHPian

Got the car detailed by Ultimate Detailerz today.

Detailed report here

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks