Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2013, 13:46   #226
Senior - BHPian

re: Sedan to Hot Hatch - My New "Breeze Blue" Ritz ZDi. EDIT: 60,000 km update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vihari View Post
So can you kindly give me the break up of the above Rs.1,240/-?
I changed the oil but went ahead with mineral. The SA was not sure if the car had synthetic oil from the factory so went ahead as per above. Need to check the bill for the break-up.
Old 11th November 2013, 23:01   #227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
I changed the oil but went ahead with mineral. The SA was not sure if the car had synthetic oil from the factory so went ahead as per above. Need to check the bill for the break-up.
Well, I got the oil changed. Simply insisted with the MASS guys that I want only normal Mineral Oil to be filled and not semi synthetic. Even went inside the work shop, stood there got the oil changed. Exactly the same amount as yours, was charged which includes Oil filter cost also.

In addition got changed the Air filter. My Odo was at 5600 Km.

Thank you Aditya, for the initial Idea. It helped.

- Sai.
Old 13th January 2014, 11:46   #228
Senior - BHPian

Been ages since I updated this thread.

My Ritz has crossed 16,000 kms and the odo now stands at 16,2xx kms.

The car will be a year old next month on the 23rd of Feb 2014.

My family and I took a vacation last month and we covered Coorg - Kukke Subramanya - Dharmasthala - Sringeri - Horanadu - Chikmagalur over a period of 5 odd days.

The roads through Horanadu and Sringeri were terrible but the Ritz performed well on these broken patches.

The door panels are rattling a bit and I need to get these fixed during the 20,000 kms service. Other than rattling noise, the car is truly a breeze and enjoying every bit of driving it. Very comfortable to drive on the open highway.

A pic that I clicked during our road trip :

Sedan to Hot Hatch - My New "Breeze Blue" Ritz ZDi.  EDIT: 60,000 km update-20131227-09.36.28.jpg

This was shot a few days back:

Sedan to Hot Hatch - My New "Breeze Blue" Ritz ZDi.  EDIT: 60,000 km update-20140105-14.40.40.jpg

Will be switching to fully synthetic oil at the 20,000 kms mark.

I heard that you can get an oil change done at any Shell bunk. How does that work? Do they have oil filters for so many different car models in stock or do you have to carry one along? Is it advisable to get the oil changed at the Shell bunk or buy the oil at Shell and get it changed at the MASS outlet? Asking this since I am not sure if they know how to do an oil change properly (right amount of torque / tightening of the oil drain plug).

Last edited by n_aditya : 13th January 2014 at 11:50.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2014, 12:16   #229
BHPian

Quote:
I heard that you can get an oil change done at any Shell bunk. How does that work? Do they have oil filters for so many different car models in stock or do you have to carry one along? Is it advisable to get the oil changed at the Shell bunk or buy the oil at Shell and get it changed at the MASS outlet? Asking this since I am not sure if they know how to do an oil change properly (right amount of torque / tightening of the oil drain plug).
It's mostly two wheelers that avail of oil changes at petrol stations, I would say do it at the MASS. That way you get the right filters, recommended oil, your car is worked on by trained staff who know the technical aspects of the car, and you also have the oil change in the MASS records for warranty purposes.
Old 13th January 2014, 14:09   #230
BHPian

I just left my Ritz ZXI for 2nd service today at Mandovi (hennur). Odo stands at 4200Km.
The SA is insisting to change to Synthetic oil if needed or don't change at all as the factory filled oil is synthetic. I told him to not to change.
For Air Filter, he said it is fine till 10K Km. For Low mileage (10 with AC on highways), he said it is normal and no need to do anything.
Two Doors (front) rattling and even after multiple complaints, it was never fixed by them. I am really annoyed to press for each issue to convince them to do something.
I have the strange Ritz MID issue also (getting stuck at 6.5). But the SA smiled and surprisingly asked "is it so" .
In spite of all this, he somehow tricked me into AC duct cleaning for 550/- + Taxes.
Old 13th January 2014, 16:35   #231
BANNED

Quote:
Will be switching to fully synthetic oil at the 20,000 kms mark.
That is a good decision to switch to Synthetic.

Quote:
Best thing I feel is buy the Oil (5 Ltr) and take it to MASS and get the oil changed in front of them for the records and for warranty purpose.

Once the car is off warranty you can change the oil where ever you want.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2014, 19:07   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hector View Post
I just left my Ritz ZXI for 2nd service today at Mandovi (hennur). Odo stands at 4200Km.
The SA is insisting to change to Synthetic oil if needed or don't change at all as the factory filled oil is synthetic. I told him to not to change.
For Air Filter, he said it is fine till 10K Km. For Low mileage (10 with AC on highways), he said it is normal and no need to do anything.
Two Doors (front) rattling and even after multiple complaints, it was never fixed by them. I am really annoyed to press for each issue to convince them to do something.
I have the strange Ritz MID issue also (getting stuck at 6.5). But the SA smiled and surprisingly asked "is it so" .
In spite of all this, he somehow tricked me into AC duct cleaning for 550/- + Taxes.
My Ritz ZXI gives me about 15 to 17 kmpl on highways I don't think 10 is normal. I too have the MID issue, mileage is around 6.1 now. It was much lower earlier. This issue has been discussed in the official review thread, no solutions till now.

Last edited by arsudarsan : 18th January 2014 at 19:08. Reason: Made error with grammar
Old 18th January 2014, 21:42   #233
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hector View Post
...Two Doors (front) rattling and even after multiple complaints, it was never fixed by them. I am really annoyed to press for each issue to convince them to do something.
Please send out a mail to Maruti customer care and everything will fall in place!
Old 24th January 2014, 09:56   #234
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday evening my RHS fog lamp bulb conked off.

Sometime after I had purchased the car last year, I had switched the headlight and fog lamp bulbs to Osram Nightbreaker Plus (total cost of 4 bulbs came to Rs. 1100/-).

In just 4 months of use, the LHS fog lamp bulb fused which was replaced with Philips Xtreme Vision H8 35W for approx. Rs. 600 bucks a piece.

Last evening, after i switched on the engine and turned on the lights (parking+fog's) the RHS fog lamp bulb came on for a fraction of a second and went blank. Got off the car and checked and it was indeed kaput.

The Osram's are brighter and whiter than the Philips but have pathetic life. I again have to buy another replacement bulb and will go ahead with Philips XtremeVisions. These cost a wee bit more than the nightbreakers but have longer life.

The fog lamps (I prefer to call them bumper lights since they are grossly inadequate for regular use, forget in foggy conditions) are used as DRL's and are in no way powerful enough to glare oncoming drivers or light up the road.

Will pick up the bulb at JC road this weekend if time permits.
Old 18th March 2014, 12:03   #235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Will pick up the bulb at JC road this weekend if time permits.
Yet to pick up the replacement bulb. Looks like I'll be able to go and buy it this weekend.

The odo is now at 19200 kms in just 13 months. She will be going in for the 20,000 kms service shortly and I will change the oil to Mobil Delvac as suggested by other Ritz users on the forum.

Some minor issues I have been facing:

1. Rattles from dashboard and rear section (c-pillar plastic?)
2. RHS wiper judder (this was reported at I service but problem still persists, although not as bad as before)
3. Driver side door panel makes some amount of noise when power window is rolled up and reaches the fully closed position
4. Faint whine when a/c is running - maybe a/c belt noise.

Other than that the car is doing just fine and is delivering around 16-17kmpl in city with a/c on (tankful - tankful method). MID shows around 0.8 - 1kmpl more though.
Old 26th March 2014, 15:30   #236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The odo is now at 19200 kms in just 13 months. She will be going in for the 20,000 kms service shortly and I will change the oil to Mobil Delvac as suggested by other Ritz users on the forum.
Must commend you for keeping the car pretty clean inspite of your hectic schedule. 20000 kms in 13 months is pretty decent for diesels. How is the engine behaving? Do you notice any lag in its pickup? Have you noticed any change in the suspension behavior?
ku69rd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2014, 15:57   #237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Must commend you for keeping the car pretty clean inspite of your hectic schedule.
Actually the car is very dirty. Been very busy off late and the car has not been washed in more than a month.

Quote:
20000 kms in 13 months is pretty decent for diesels. How is the engine behaving? Do you notice any lag in its pickup? Have you noticed any change in the suspension behavior?
The engine is doing fine Mahesh. The car is lazy till the rev counter needle touches 2k and after this the car propels forward. This was the case even when the car was new so no abnormal behavior to report which is a good thing.

Suspension is also doing fine but the car has a gazillion rattles from the dashboard and door panels. Got used to it pretty much and I know this is a trait with all Maruti's. The service center however is unable to get rid of the rattles completely so have to live with it.

Picked up Mobil Delvac MX last week. A five liter can cost me 1500 bucks. Service is due in a couple of weeks.
Old 26th March 2014, 17:41   #238
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The service center however is unable to get rid of the rattles completely so have to live with it.

Picked up Mobil Delvac MX last week.
Aditya,
Let me know if you would need any help with the service center. Know a very good contact in Kalyani Automobiles Nayandhalli which should be closer to your new apartment. He is fantastic with his work and give him a couple of tries and am sure your rattles will be solved. My car had zero rattles till the day I sold her. Miss her a lot though.

You cannot go wrong with Mobil Delvac oil, used the same one for my car. However I found the oil to be good till 5000 Kms but post that the engine would tend to go a bit rough. What are the intervals you change the oil?
ku69rd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2014, 18:17   #239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Let me know if you would need any help with the service center. Know a very good contact in Kalyani Automobiles Nayandhalli which should be closer to your new apartment. He is fantastic with his work and give him a couple of tries and am sure your rattles will be solved. My car had zero rattles till the day I sold her. Miss her a lot though.
Thanks Mahesh. I will get the car serviced at Mandovi this time since it's closer to my current address. From the next service, will drop it off at Kalyani.

Your car was very well maintained and I could never believe it had crossed 1 lac kms. Looked, felt and performed like new.

Quote:
You cannot go wrong with Mobil Delvac oil, used the same one for my car. However I found the oil to be good till 5000 Kms but post that the engine would tend to go a bit rough. What are the intervals you change the oil?
Last I changed the oil at 10k kms. I don't sense any drop in performance or refinement. Will switch to 5k kms intervals for the oil change henceforth if required.
Old 23rd April 2014, 16:20   #240
Senior - BHPian

Got the Ritz serviced at Mandovi Motors, JP Nagar over the weekend.

I had bought a 5 liter can of Mobil Delvac 15W40 as I had heard positive reviews on this oil from many others on this forum. The oil can cost me 1500 bucks.

With the oil can in tow, I drove to the dealer service station at precisely 9am. I had called and informed them earlier that I would be dropping by.

Mr. Rajesh Bhat, the service manager was very helpful and did not protest when I was standing next to my car and watching them change the oil. I wanted the oil changed right before my very eyes.

The wheels were removed, brakes were cleaned and brake lines were bled. Radiator fluid along with engine oil was completely drained and replaced afresh. They also replaced the air filter, oil filter and cabin filter.

I had complained of irritating rattles coming from the right door panel every time the car went over a bad patch of road.

A while later, the service adviser came over and said the rattles were taken care of. To my surprise, he handed me a bunch of coins, around 60 coins in various 1, 2 and 5 rupee denominations which had made its way into the door panel.

How it got there is only a guess. I used to keep these coins in the driver side door panel just in front of the bottle holder. Sometimes these used to fall into the bottle holder. So my guess was it made its way into the inside of the door panel. But the service adviser said it is not possible for this to enter the inside of the door panel since there is no gap. I had on the previous day emptied the car of all items except for the owners manual.

Still a mystery but glad the rattles are gone. The car is silent and feels as good as new. The Mobil Delvac oil has definitely made the car smoother and quieter. I can clearly make out that the engine clatter has reduced by leaps and bounds.

I asked them not to do the wheel alignment and balancing. I will be getting this done at Madhu's over the weekend if time permits.

I got the car delivered at 1pm as promised at the time of handing over the car.

The service cost me 4800 bucks excluding the cost of the engine oil.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks