Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2015, 19:09   #256
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Sedan to Hot Hatch - My New "Breeze Blue" Ritz ZDi. EDIT: 60,000 km update

Glad to know that the issue was promptly resolved. But I wasn't fully convinced on the "electrical part thing" being not covered under extended warranty. What is then the extended warranty for?? They give similar excuses on wear and tear parts, but for a part like SDM??

Regards
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th January 2015, 10:37   #257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Any reason for the premature SDM unit failure? Did MASS say anything specific or shrugged saying "Electrical part Saar, can go bad any time!"
No clue, Anurag. Funny thing about electronics is trying to understand why they fail. Sometimes they just do and have a mind of their own

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
But I wasn't fully convinced on the "electrical part thing" being not covered under extended warranty. What is then the extended warranty for?? They give similar excuses on wear and tear parts, but for a part like SDM??
Yeah, even I was a bit irritated when they said it would not be covered under extended warranty. And to think of it, I paid 7k odd for 2 years extended warranty at the time of buying the car.

There is a list of parts that are covered and not covered in the extended warranty and this is mentioned in the said document but this Airbag SDM unit part is not mentioned. Maybe, the customer just has to escalate to get them to understand this when such issues arise.

I also drove to work today which is around 28 kms one way and the car was behaving normally. Thankfully Mandovi found the root cause and fixed the issue.

Last edited by n_aditya : 20th January 2015 at 10:40.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2015, 10:47   #258
Senior - BHPian

Does the Ritz 'Z' variants have seat belt pre-tensioners nowadays? Never felt them.

Any idea what is the cost of the SDM had you were required to pay for it.
Old 28th January 2015, 11:08   #259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
Does the Ritz 'Z' variants have seat belt pre-tensioners nowadays? Never felt them.

Any idea what is the cost of the SDM had you were required to pay for it.
In fact, all versions of the Ritz have seat belts with Emergency Locking Retractor (ELR) feature. If you yank the seatbelt in a rapid tug, you will feel and see that it locks up in place. All seat belts (front and rear) have this feature except for the middle lap belt in the rear seat.

Enclosed is the brochure which specifies this feature across all Ritz models.

Maruti_Ritz2.pdf

However this brochure is dated back to when I bought the car and some things may have changed in newer cars now.

The SDM part cost was under 4k but thanks to the standard warranty being valid, I did not have to pay part cost and labor.

Last edited by n_aditya : 28th January 2015 at 11:10.
Old 28th January 2015, 13:44   #260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
In fact, all versions of the Ritz have seat belts with Emergency Locking Retractor (ELR) feature. If you yank the seatbelt in a rapid tug, you will feel and see that it locks up in place. All seat belts (front and rear) have this feature except for the middle lap belt in the rear seat.

Enclosed is the brochure which specifies this feature across all Ritz models.

Attachment 1333690

However this brochure is dated back to when I bought the car and some things may have changed in newer cars now.

The SDM part cost was under 4k but thanks to the standard warranty being valid, I did not have to pay part cost and labor.
Oh okay.I was under the impression that pre tensioners are ones where the seat belts tighten or rewinds even during evasive driving and not just a crash and it works in tandem with the Airbag sensors. I have felt this while driving a Mercedes C Class. ELR (Emergency Locking Retractor) is the locking feature you mentioned. However I may be wrong. Swift 'Z' variant brochures clearly mention pre tensioners. So was thinking there maybe a difference.

Last edited by Altocumulus : 28th January 2015 at 13:54.
Old 28th January 2015, 15:56   #261
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Oh okay.I was under the impression that pre tensioners are ones where the seat belts tighten or rewinds even during evasive driving and not just a crash and it works in tandem with the Airbag sensors. I have felt this while driving a Mercedes C Class. ELR (Emergency Locking Retractor) is the locking feature you mentioned. However I may be wrong. Swift 'Z' variant brochures clearly mention pre tensioners. So was thinking there maybe a difference.
Pretensioners come into picture only during a crash. What is probably experienced in the c class was the self adjusting nature of the seat belt.
sagarpadaki is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2015, 22:25   #262
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The Emergency load retractor is probably a pretensioner but what you mentioned when you said the seatbelt locks when you tug it suddenly is the most basic function of the seat belt. Even a nano will have it.

Pretensioner is only a one time use thing like airbags. It consists of an explosive charge that pulls the seatbelt backwards not just locks due to sudden. It retracts the belt at the time of an impact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Pretensioners come into picture only during a crash. What is probably experienced in the c class was the self adjusting nature of the seat belt.
Quote:
The C class has pretensioners as well as a feature called pre-safe. This dynamically retracts the belt during heavy acceleration/braking or cornering. this is additional over and above the pre tensioner.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2015, 22:40   #263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Pretensioner is only a one time use thing like airbags. It consists of an explosive charge that pulls the seatbelt backwards not just locks due to sudden. It retracts the belt at the time of an impact.
Thank for correcting me.

So does Ritz Zxi/Zdi have pre-tensioners ? The brochure doesn't say so and just mentions ELR while Swift brochures specifically mention it for their 'Z' variants. (If Ritz has it, I would be even more elated with my purchase )

Last edited by Altocumulus : 28th January 2015 at 22:41.
Old 29th January 2015, 01:44   #264
BHPian

Quote:
Thank for correcting me.

So does Ritz Zxi/Zdi have pre-tensioners ? The brochure doesn't say so and just mentions ELR while Swift brochures specifically mention it for their 'Z' variants. (If Ritz has it, I would be even more elated with my purchase )
Check the seatbelt, Maruti cars with pretensioners have a P somewhere on the buckle, as per the Swift manual.
Old 29th January 2015, 10:15   #265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post
Check the seatbelt, Maruti cars with pretensioners have a P somewhere on the buckle, as per the Swift manual.
No 'P' anywhere
Old 19th February 2015, 19:46   #266
Senior - BHPian

Has anybody tried fitting H11 bulbs to the OEM fogs in Ritz ? Amazon is selling them so was wondering if I should procure them.

Aditya: The Xtreme vision you are using for your fogs, are they H8 or H11 ?
Old 19th February 2015, 19:54   #267
BANNED

Quote:
Has anybody tried fitting H11 bulbs to the OEM fogs in Ritz ? Amazon is selling them so was wondering if I should procure them.

Aditya: The Xtreme vision you are using for your fogs, are they H8 or H11 ?
I am thinking on the same lines though but for my Swift.

Planning to do a DIY to fit H11 fog lamps. Trying to make time for doing the DIY.
Old 20th February 2015, 00:09   #268
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Planning to do a DIY to fit H11 fog lamps. Trying to make time for doing the DIY.
Try hids, I sourced them from eBay for Rs 2.3 k and used them for more then 3 years.

Last edited by Schoudhury : 20th February 2015 at 00:10.
Schoudhury is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2015, 13:14   #269
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Has anybody tried fitting H11 bulbs to the OEM fogs in Ritz ? Amazon is selling them so was wondering if I should procure them. Aditya: The Xtreme vision you are using for your fogs, are they H8 or H11 ?
H11 fits just fine in the regular sockets without any modifications. The only thing you might want to know is that the stock halonix bulb is 35W and the replacement osram NB or philips XV bulbs are of slightly higher wattage but this does not create any issue.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Try hids, I sourced them from eBay for Rs 2.3 k and used them for more then 3 years.
Dada, please post a link to the item here if you don't mind. A review will also help greatly.
Old 20th February 2015, 23:19   #270
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
H
Dada, please post a link to the item here if you don't mind. A review will also help greatly.
Here you go
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...tallation.html

cheers.
Schoudhury is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks