Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2013, 18:12   #61
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post

Apologies, i did not understand your question.

I got the regular first free service done over the weekend.

Apparently, there was no requirement to change the oil (as per the SA and the manual the oil change frequency is 10,000 kms). I asked what oil was in the engine and they said normal oil. When i asked if synthetic or mineral, they did not know and upon probing they said synthetic. I am not sure what oil is in the car, will try to call some folks at MUL and update.
I am sorry Aditya. It was a typo. I meant how does the engine feel after 1000 kms? Stressed or ok?

Surprised as to the engine oil will be changed at 10000 kms. For my engine it was changed at 1000 kms. Isn't it better to change it at 1000 kms rather wait till 10000 kms? Run-in would be better right?

By seeing the oil change interval I guess your car has a synthetic oil.

Anurag.
Old 18th March 2013, 19:10   #62
BHPian

re: Sedan to Hot Hatch - My New "Breeze Blue" Ritz ZDi. EDIT: 60,000 km update

Have always loved the Ritz since the day it was launched. I liked the rear design too. Your car's color looks very pleasing to the eye and the subtle modifications to the appearance gives it a nice look.
I'm contemplating booking a Ritz ZDi by June which will be a lateral shift from my Swift.
I drive a 2008 Swift Vxi and I'm absolutely in love with the seating and the steering position of the car. I happend to drive a friend's Ritz VDi from Bangalore to Hyderabad, after about 300kms of driving, my ankel and wrist went soar from holding the steering wheel and using the accelerator. This had never happend in my Swift even after driving the entire HYD BLR stretch.
Just needed your inputs on how does it feel after a long commute considering the car's seat height and the steering's postion can be adjusted.
no_boundaries is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2013, 19:25   #63
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_boundaries View Post
I happend to drive a friend's Ritz VDi from Bangalore to Hyderabad, after about 300kms of driving, my ankel and wrist went soar from holding the steering wheel and using the accelerator. This had never happend in my Swift even after driving the entire HYD BLR stretch.
Just needed your inputs on how does it feel after a long commute considering the car's seat height and the steering's postion can be adjusted.
The VDi variant does not have the feature of seat height adjust and steering height adjust. It is fixed so your seating position determines how comfortable the ride would be.

I do feel the need at times for steering height adjust at long drives.
Old 18th March 2013, 19:48   #64
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the buy Aditya. Very pleasing color!

It is best to change the oil between 1k to 2k kms mark. There will be very fine metal particles in the oil which will be flushed out. After that you can stick to the recommended 10k interval or your preference of every 5k kms.
abhinav.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2013, 12:10   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I am sorry Aditya. It was a typo. I meant how does the engine feel after 1000 kms? Stressed or ok?
The engine feels more peppy and revv happy but it could be psychological. I was babying the engine all this while and now occasionally i revv till 3000 rpm and the car is quick. Even in fifth there is so much torque that i think another gear is required. I accidentally did a small wheelspin on 2nd gear this weekend and that led to a surprised look and a smile on my face.

Quote:
I happend to drive a friend's Ritz VDi from Bangalore to Hyderabad, after about 300kms of driving, my ankel and wrist went soar from holding the steering wheel and using the accelerator.
I am yet to take her out for a highway drive but like you mentioned, with the city commute, my ankles are sore after around 1.5 hours of driving. The issue is with the pedal positions which are pretty high, esp. the brake and clutch pedals. I don't know if these can be adjusted or fitting aftermarket bolt-on aluminum pedals will improve the situation. Maybe i just have to get used to the position and it will get better with time.
Old 19th March 2013, 12:42   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I do feel the need at times for steering height adjust at long drives.
Quote:
The issue is with the pedal positions which are pretty high, esp. the brake and clutch pedals. I don't know if these can be adjusted or fitting aftermarket bolt-on aluminum pedals will improve the situation. Maybe i just have to get used to the position and it will get better with time.
Thank you for that. Our drive got pretty irritating after that and we had to take a break after every 100kms of driving the Ritz.

I20 was the most comfortable car I've driven among hatchbacks that is so nice to your ankles and wrist. Though the petrol's acceleration and overall dynamics are a major let down, I did enjoy the driver's seating dynamics.

BTW Did you get the model with the red interiors. IMO that color combination looks good only on a white car. I loved it. I guess it does not look very bad but again looks are subjective.
Old 19th March 2013, 13:02   #67
BANNED

Quote:
I happend to drive a friend's Ritz VDi from Bangalore to Hyderabad, after about 300kms of driving, my ankel and wrist went soar from holding the steering wheel and using the accelerator. This had never happend in my Swift even after driving the entire HYD BLR stretch.
Quote:
my ankles are sore after around 1.5 hours of driving. The issue is with the pedal positions which are pretty high, esp. the brake and clutch pedals.
Exactly the thing that is holding me against Ritz, which otherwise is a great package. The issue I don't think is high position of its pedal. The culprit, I feel is its high seating position. As a result the leg pressing the accelerator is virtually at 90 degrees causing the ankle to bend at an awkward upper angle thereby straining it.

I have experienced this pain in shin and calf when I took my Wagon R for over 1200 kms drive one way.

Last Sunday when I had taken my car for servicing I asked the SA that amongst the two, Ritz and Swift which was more comfortable to take on 500+ km drive, his answer was Swift. According to him even Wagon R was more comfortable on a long drive than Ritz... something which a4anurag also mentions.

Last edited by anandjha : 19th March 2013 at 13:06.
anandjha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2013, 13:08   #68
BHPian

If the problem is with the high position of the pedals, maybe one can look at a DIY of having sort of footrest for one to rest ones feet on and press the pedals ? Also if the 3M Nomad mat can be cut & placed on the existing mat, wouldnt the feet position automatically move up
Old 19th March 2013, 14:30   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
BTW Did you get the model with the red interiors. IMO that color combination looks good only on a white car. I loved it. I guess it does not look very bad but again looks are subjective.
Nope, i opted for the standard grey interiors. The red combo looks too garish and cheap IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandjha View Post
The issue I don't think is high position of its pedal. The culprit, I feel is its high seating position. As a result the leg pressing the accelerator is virtually at 90 degrees causing the ankle to bend at an awkward upper angle thereby straining it.
Hmmm. Valid point. Let me adjust the seat height and observe for a few days. Will update the same here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post
Also if the 3M Nomad mat can be cut & placed on the existing mat, wouldnt the feet position automatically move up
I already have 3 layers of mats in the car (stock, aftermarket and one from the esteem) and it doesn't seem to help in this case
Old 20th March 2013, 09:37   #70
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I am yet to take her out for a highway drive but like you mentioned, with the city commute, my ankles are sore after around 1.5 hours of driving. The issue is with the pedal positions which are pretty high, esp. the brake and clutch pedals. I don't know if these can be adjusted or fitting aftermarket bolt-on aluminum pedals will improve the situation. Maybe i just have to get used to the position and it will get better with time.
A friend of mine who owns a Ritz mentioned that his ankles hurt when he drives more than an hour so after some experimentation with a brick, stone, etc he is now using a block of wood to reduce the height between feet and pedals. However, till I read this I really thought his problem was imaginary or something else is causing it, now I really empathize with my friend
Old 20th March 2013, 20:24   #71
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
A friend of mine who owns a Ritz mentioned that his ankles hurt when he drives more than an hour so after some experimentation with a brick, stone, etc he is now using a block of wood to reduce the height between feet and pedals. However, till I read this I really thought his problem was imaginary or something else is causing it, now I really empathize with my friend
Initially when I shifted from WagonR to the Ritz the initial days were painful but later on I adjust my seat in such a way I find it very comfortable.

The only thing I face an issue in my variant is the absence of the steering height adjust. On longer drives is better to have set a lower position than normal so that the hands don't pain.

Anurag.
Old 21st March 2013, 12:35   #72
Senior - BHPian

Aditya, Yesterday we got the 1st service of my cousin's Swift VDI. Specifically we asked for change of oil filter and oil. The SA confirmed that it comes with Mineral oil, so we asked him to keep the mineral oil itself.
1 litre Mineral oil - Appx INR 280 is what they charged.
Whereas the Synth Oil Costs around Appx INR 1300 is what was mentioned by SA.
rk_sans is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st March 2013, 15:04   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
Aditya, Yesterday we got the 1st service of my cousin's Swift VDI. Specifically we asked for change of oil filter and oil. The SA confirmed that it comes with Mineral oil, so we asked him to keep the mineral oil itself.
Thought as much. I doubt Maruti will fill synthetic oil (that costs almost 5 times more than mineral oil) into their cars at the factory.

Nevertheless, i will stick to 5k km intervals for oil and oil filter change instead of 10k kms as suggested in the manual.
Old 21st March 2013, 15:19   #74
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
Your right buddy,

Mineral oil - 280/lt
Synthetic oil - 970/lt (Shell)

It is advised to stick to mineral oil for 15000 - 20000 Kms. Later it is better to change to synthetic.

Anurag.
Old 21st March 2013, 16:52   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thought as much. I doubt Maruti will fill synthetic oil (that costs almost 5 times more than mineral oil) into their cars at the factory.

Nevertheless, i will stick to 5k km intervals for oil and oil filter change instead of 10k kms as suggested in the manual.
I would suggest, go ahead and get oil and oil filter changed. I believe you can go to Suraskha, which is very near to your office. It takes 10mins for the job.
As it will be mineral and as you wish to change it every 5K kms, it would justify the change.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks