Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2013, 17:22   #31
BHPian

Congratulations!

Really nice decision on the Ritz. The car looks beautiful in that shade!

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
...(between Parrot and Jabra Freeway) and mentioned that i was so excited that sleep had taken a back seat.

And he was like:

"You have a bloody Ninja at home man, and you're excited about a Ritz???"
Which bluetooth headset did you decide on then?

Lol on the Ninja comment . I understand the excitement a new buy can give us all though!

Quote:
And she gets pampered the next day...

I had not installed those ugly bumper protection strips but had something better in mind.
Brilliant idea on the PPF strips there..

Quote:
...the excellent visibility from the drivers seat.
The best part that i love is the seat height / height of the car. It makes me feel like i am sitting in a small truck....

..engine is super silent for a diesel ..

..14.8kmpl ...

I absolutely LOVE the torque...

...significantly lower body roll than the esteem...

The brakes are amazingly sharp and a light foot is enough to shed excess speed in the blink of an eye.

Upgrades:[/b]

...Osram Nightbreaker Plus H4 or Philips Xtreme Vision...
Having driven a Ritz pretty extensively, I second most of your observations above. How would you compare the body roll on the Ritz vis-a-vis the Beat?

Quote:
..on ABS and Airbags for a difference of 20-30k was too hard to digest. At this point, i also remembered my conversation with Ajmat when Sam had tragically passed away.

...The booking was changed to the ZDi ....
Really glad you opted for the ZDi.
On the Ritz I have driven quite a bit, I had a pretty bad accident. It had a blown rear tyre at a speed of about 70 kmph. After losing control, I had to fight my way to getting the car to point to the left (after a swing towards the right). Finally managed to reduce the speed to about 25, and crashed into the concrete wall on the side of the flyover we had begun to climb.
The Airbags + Seatbelt combination saved me & my friend (seated in the front passenger seat) from any injuries.

---

Congratulations on a brilliant buy
Wishing you many happy miles with her.

Cheers & drive safe.
Sam

Last edited by samarth.bhatia : 2nd March 2013 at 17:23.
samarth.bhatia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2013, 17:40   #32
BHPian

re: Sedan to Hot Hatch - My New "Breeze Blue" Ritz ZDi. EDIT: 60,000 km update

Hello Aditya,

Congrats on the New Ritz Diesel.

One of the best cars in small car segment today frankly speaking

if i want to say a word on Ritz then it would be ----> SUV of small cars

Believe me , i have owned Ritz Diesel for almost 4 years now and completed 50k kms

No complaints at all. I get an avareage of 19 in city and 21 on highways

Its got space, awesome engine, brilliant mileage, less maintenance costs

Hats off to maruti suzuki

Though i believe that this car has a potential to do 10K units per month, no one has realized the potential of ritz.

i have suggested to my other 4 friends on ritz.... no no i dont work for maruti... word of mouth you see !!

Keep posted with more pics !

by the way any plan to fit alloys ???

oops sorry !! yours is zdi and is already fitted with alloys... sorry

Last edited by Rehaan : 4th March 2013 at 19:06. Reason: Hi Hero Puch, please use proper caps & punctuation in your posts. Please make sure you see this: http://bit.ly/WDlnU3
Hero Puch is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2013, 21:36   #33
MYB
BHPian

Your write up and the process behind the decision has, to a certain extent, changed my perception about Ritz. Congratulations on the brand new car. Hope the kid-like excitement is still on. Here's wishing you a lot of happy and safe mile munching in your oil burner.
MYB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2013, 23:47   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on the Ritz mate. The color looks amazing in person. It was great catching up with you at 3M.

Enjoy many more happy miles with the Ritz.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2013, 22:29   #35
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on the new acquisition Aditya. Is this a new color? I have never come across any Ritz with this color. Looks super cool. I think maintenance will be a breeze with this color.

One of my colleague owns a Ritz and he still has a big smile on his face after 2 years of ownership. Enjoy many more happy miles with your car.
guyfrmblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2013, 22:43   #36
Senior - BHPian

Great! The review is here. The blue breeze is different from the blue blaze shade that it had on offer. Have you taken it for a highway run? if not, please do so.
govigov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2013, 14:03   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the warm wishes, Mahesh.

I plan to switch to synthetic after 10k or 20k kms. Oil changes will be done more frequently than recommended - at 5,000 km intervals.
Aditya,
Think changing Synthetic oil every 5000 Kms might not do justice to your wallet and oil. Am sure Synthetic oil will last a good 15000 Kms before it requires a replacement. Did check my Swift and it is running on Semi Synthetic. Will not change over to Synthetic as am happy with the current setup.
Old 4th March 2013, 14:21   #38
Team-BHP Support

If your using the OE mineral oil then 10K kms is a longer interval. Even though it is recommended by Maruti, it's pushing it. Ideally regular mineral oil can be changed every 5K kms and synthetic can last upto 15,000kms max.
Old 4th March 2013, 17:14   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
If your using the OE mineral oil then 10K kms is a longer interval. Even though it is recommended by Maruti, it's pushing it. Ideally regular mineral oil can be changed every 5K kms and synthetic can last upto 15,000kms max.
+1 on this to some extent. However, I beileve just like getting a wheel alignment and balance at every 5K kms is an overkill, even changing mineral oil at 5K kms is similar.

Maybe its best to stick to somewhere in between. 7.5K kms?

I have moved long back for WA & WB to 7.5K kms and it works perfectly fine for me.
Old 4th March 2013, 17:22   #40
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
+1 on this to some extent. However, I beileve just like getting a wheel alignment and balance at every 5K kms is an overkill, even changing mineral oil at 5K kms is similar.

Maybe its best to stick to somewhere in between. 7.5K kms?

I have moved long back for WA & WB to 7.5K kms and it works perfectly fine for me.

7.5K kms is a good option assuming that your regular service is at 15K kms interval. If your service interval is 10K kms then 5K is the only option. With 10K interval and 7.5K kms you cannot change oil at time of service and do oil changes separately.

Depending on your cars service interval either 5K kms or 7.5K kms is the best option. 15K kms for mineral oil on a turbo diesel is at the upper limit.

Manufacturers give the service interval to keep running costs in check.
Old 4th March 2013, 21:52   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I will be upgrading the headlight bulbs to Osram Nightbreaker Plus H4 or Philips Xtreme Vision in the same stock rating over the weekend.
Congratulations !!!. Did you upgrade to the new bulb? How is it? Where did you get it done? I too want to upgrade, given that I have few long drives coming up.

Last edited by arjithin : 4th March 2013 at 21:56.
Old 5th March 2013, 13:03   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Spotted your car today at madiwala signal. Looks really pleasant in that blue color. Was behind you till you climbed the BETL. And then the turbo kicked in,saw the puff of smoke from the exhaust and you disappeared fast! I know you must be grinning from ear to ear when the turbo kicked in
Old 6th March 2013, 10:15   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtorquefan View Post
Btw, any plans of music system speaker upgrades, as no doubt the car comes with very good Stereo sound quality but i've noticed that the stock speakers which Maruti Suzuki provide in their cars is Nippon ones with paper cones not Vinyl-based ones which ultimately distorts the sound clarity at high volume.
Thank you for your kind wishes.

I rarely listen to loud music in the car unless the roads are empty and hence lesser distractions.

I might upgrade the speakers sometime in the future, as of now i am happy with the stock setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
I tried with Osram Nightbreaker 60/55, but felt the visibility was poor when it rains. Especially on the highways where we need more visibility. I have heard similar feedback from other Bhpians as well, you can refer to the auto lighting thread. I couldn't get Philips Xtreme Vision, hence I moved to 100/90 with relay.
I have the Xtreme Vision (60/55 ; H7) in my ninja and have comfortably ridden at triple digit speeds at late evening / dusk during my trips. I was thinking of going ahead with 100/90 with relay but don't want to mess with the stock wiring. Let's see, if the bulb switch does not help much i might upgrade later on. Thanks for sharing your feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samarth.bhatia View Post
Which bluetooth headset did you decide on then?
I ordered the Parrot Car Kit Minikit Plus from Flipkart yesterday. Expecting delivery by friday.

Quote:
Brilliant idea on the PPF strips there.
Thanks.

Quote:
How would you compare the body roll on the Ritz vis-a-vis the Beat?
I can't really comment on this one since the Beat was driven for a very short while, but the car felt a LOT lighter and delicate when it landed into a pothole or when it was driven on a rough patch of tarmac.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
Congratulations on the new acquisition Aditya. Is this a new color? I have never come across any Ritz with this color. Looks super cool. I think maintenance will be a breeze with this color.
Thank you for your kind wishes. Yes, this is a new color and was launched sometime late last year. There were a couple of 2012 models available in this color but in the VDi variant.

Apart from mine, i guess i have seen only 3 other Ritz's in this shade - one in my office parking and 2 other on the roads a couple of days after mine was delivered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
Have you taken it for a highway run? if not, please do so.
Yet to take her on the highway for a spin. The clock reads 600 odd kms now (in just 11 days) and post the first service i will take her out for a nice long weekend drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
Congratulations !!!. Did you upgrade to the new bulb? How is it? Where did you get it done? I too want to upgrade, given that I have few long drives coming up.
I changed the stock dual horns to Hella Red Grills at Auto Fusion, Koramangala. Just swapped the stock ones with the red grills so no splicing of wires, relay, etc.

The bulbs were not in stock, will buy them from JC road over the weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Spotted your car today at madiwala signal. Looks really pleasant in that blue color. Was behind you till you climbed the BETL. And then the turbo kicked in,saw the puff of smoke from the exhaust and you disappeared fast! I know you must be grinning from ear to ear when the turbo kicked in
Thanks Sagar. Which vehicle were you in? Yes, the turbo kick is awesome. Feels a little lazy at first but after the turbo kicks in, it's another feeling.

On the BETL though, i can't believe I am in 5th gear since there is so much torque and I think maybe i am in third and check the gear position just to be sure if it is in fifth.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2013, 12:03   #44

Congrats on your new Breeze Blue Ritz ZDi! Just love that color. I got my Ritz on Jan 2011 and the color was not available and had to settle for Bakers Chocolate. Mine is a VXi with ABS. I settled for this since I didnt like the OEM music system and the controls on the steering wheel (personal opinion though) and was in my budget. Missing the Airbags and Alloy wheels on the Z variant though.
The story of your purchase seems to be similar, albeit the dealer is RNS Motors and this is our 4th car there. One of them is the Esteem which is a 2006 model, the last batch of Esteems manufactured before the production stopped and we still have it and serving us loyally and no immediate plans on selling it. As for my Ritz, she is a hoot to drive within the city and the height factor helps a lot since I am 6'2".

Had been to HSR 3M Car care long time back and as usual Mr.Sidhu served us very nicely. Could you please share the price of the CF stickering on the pillars. Am planning to do it for the A, B Pillars and the mirrors.
SuperKar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2013, 11:57   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKar View Post
Could you please share the price of the CF stickering on the pillars. Am planning to do it for the A, B Pillars and the mirrors.
Believe he has mentioned it as 800 for a set which covers all 4 doors. Suppose you might want to check for the A Pillar as additional since Adithya has put it up for for the B Pillars only.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks