Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2015, 01:22   #166
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2014 Crystal Black Pearl Honda City VX-D - A new member in the family

Yup, even we couldn't find any information about the Black color on Honda City. It was one of the better colors, one on which even those alloys and chrome mustache looked good.
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th March 2015, 10:13   #167
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

I am surprised if that has happened. The black color indeed looked good.

I called my SP to enquire about this but last month he left his job at the Honda Ranchi showroom. He has joined the Audi Ranchi showroom and not surprisingly, he started offering me test drives for the A3 and Q3 instead of talking about any black City.
Old 13th March 2015, 20:16   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowser View Post
Has the black City been discontinued?
I don't think that the black Honda City has been discontinued. I saw a black one in my colony 2 days back and it had temporary registration. I'll try to snap a pic if I see it next.

Regards,
Swapnil
Old 14th March 2015, 12:58   #169
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swapnil_Alto View Post
I don't think that the black Honda City has been discontinued. I saw a black one in my colony 2 days back and it had temporary registration. I'll try to snap a pic if I see it next.

Regards,
Swapnil
I am sorry, but I think that this lovely black shade has been discontinued

2014 Crystal Black Pearl Honda City VX-D - A new member in the family-capture.jpg

Regards
Leoshashi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th March 2015, 14:25   #170
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post

Regards
Thanks for clearing it out Shashi. The Orchid White Pearl seems to be a new color.
//M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2015, 21:21   #171
VKS
BHPian

When I went to Test Drive City last November, I remember the Sales advisor telling me that Honda is stopping black car production. The Golden brown metallic is the closest one can get.

I had my I20 in black and must say it looks best when clean.
Old 14th March 2015, 23:16   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Thanks for correcting Leoshashi. I guess the City which I noticed in my colony was bought from the last batch of Black Honda Citys produced.
I've seen //M's Honda City personally and it looks hot in that shade. And it looks even better when it's polished.
Sad that this shade has been discontinued.
Old 16th March 2015, 14:47   #173
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swapnil_Alto View Post
Thanks for correcting Leoshashi. I guess the City which I noticed in my colony was bought from the last batch of Black Honda Citys produced.
I've seen //M's Honda City personally and it looks hot in that shade. And it looks even better when it's polished.
Sad that this shade has been discontinued.
Its difficult to maintain the color, but indeed it looks amazing on the City. May be due to low demand of this color, Honda discontinued it. I am saying this because I haven't seen many black City's around.
Old 16th March 2015, 15:04   #174
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Its difficult to maintain the color, but indeed it looks amazing on the City. May be due to low demand of this color, Honda discontinued it. I am saying this because I haven't seen many black City's around.
Yes Arunabh, it is difficult to maintain a black car. Scratches and dust show up prominently on the black (& darker shades) as compared to silver and likes. And black would require quite an effort to keep the shine intact (by polishing etc.) especially once the initial one wears off. But it is kind of strange that Honda has discontinued this color. A lot of people who are chauffeured around prefer black as it is considered a royal color; and in such cases, the drivers actually clean the car. Being Honda's only offering in the true sedan segment here, the decision to discontinue this color sounds strange.
Old 16th March 2015, 17:04   #175
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Yes Arunabh, it is difficult to maintain a black car. Scratches and dust show up prominently on the black (& darker shades) as compared to silver and likes. And black would require quite an effort to keep the shine intact (by polishing etc.) especially once the initial one wears off. But it is kind of strange that Honda has discontinued this color. A lot of people who are chauffeured around prefer black as it is considered a royal color; and in such cases, the drivers actually clean the car. Being Honda's only offering in the true sedan segment here, the decision to discontinue this color sounds strange.
Honda has removed the black color option for most of its vehicles. It is only available for the RS version of the Mobilio and the Brio. The Brio is expected to undergo a facelift in 2015, following which they may discontinue the black color.

Tata Motors also is doing away with the black color. None of its recent launches have black color as an option.

And I thought black is a popular choice !!

Source: Honda Car India
Attached Thumbnails
2014 Crystal Black Pearl Honda City VX-D - A new member in the family-city.png  

2014 Crystal Black Pearl Honda City VX-D - A new member in the family-amaze.png  

2014 Crystal Black Pearl Honda City VX-D - A new member in the family-brio.png  

2014 Crystal Black Pearl Honda City VX-D - A new member in the family-crv.png  

2014 Crystal Black Pearl Honda City VX-D - A new member in the family-mobilio.png  

Old 16th March 2015, 17:10   #176
Distinguished - BHPian

Rather strange that all manufacturers are doing away with black! Do you think it has to do anything significant in cost saving by discontinuing the black color?

Last edited by saket77 : 16th March 2015 at 17:18.
Old 16th March 2015, 17:17   #177
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Rather strange that all manufacturers doing away with black! Do you think it has to do anything significant in cost saving by discontinuing the black color?
I doubt cost or time saving is the cause. Lower demands could be the reason. If I try to recall, I have seen only a few black Maruti's or Hyundai's too. There is a black Ciaz in my society which looks sinister, but then the no.of white/silver Ciaz's are probably 10 times that of black Ciaz's. Ditto would be the case with the fluidic Verna.

So this could be a reason. Just guessing though.
Old 16th March 2015, 23:57   #178
BANNED

Quote:
Rather strange that all manufacturers are doing away with black! Do you think it has to do anything significant in cost saving by discontinuing the black color?
What I feel is that it is more to do superstition reasons. I have seen many shrug off the black colour when buying a two wheeler or 4 wheeler.

Many feel is bad luck so the less buying of the black colour hence forcing manufacturers getting the colour off the list. If it is garnering less numbers no point in keeping it as it will disturb the assembly line activities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
I doubt cost or time saving is the cause. Lower demands could be the reason.
Old 17th March 2015, 00:52   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
What I feel is that it is more to do superstition reasons. I have seen many shrug off the black colour when buying a two wheeler or 4 wheeler.

Many feel is bad luck so the less buying of the black colour hence forcing manufacturers getting the colour off the list. If it is garnering less numbers no point in keeping it as it will disturb the assembly line activities.
Bang on! I was about to say the same thing. This could be a reason. A friend of mine was getting a Maruti Suzuki Swift few days ago and when I said she should check out the black colour, it looks good in that shade, she replied- "my family would not buy a black car even if they were to be given a black car for free". On asking the reason, she replied that black cars are believed to be unlucky in her community.
On the other hand, some people think that a black car isn't easily visible in highways coz they merge with the colour of the road sometimes.
Old 17th March 2015, 09:13   #180
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Yes could be one of the reasons resulting to lack of demand of the color.

Personally, I feel black looks amazing in most vehicles. We have had a black BSA Goldstar, a black Yezdi Jawa, a black Pulsar, a black FZ and now a black City. My family definitely loves the black color.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks